Looking for camera strap recommendations!

Luvscrappin

Mouseketeer
Would love some camera strap recommendations for our upcoming vacation to WDW and Florida. I have a traditions strap that goes around my neck that was made for me as a gift. It is fine for around home. It needs replacing and lately my neck and shoulders have been bothering me. Please tell me what you all use and how you like it. I have a canon 70D and my walk around lens is the 17-55/2.8. thanks!

I would definitely go with a Black Rapid or something similar so you can distribute the weight better.

I'm another fan of this strap; it feels so sturdy yet comfortable.

I have several other straps that I have used over the years (much like my camera bag collection :D) but this one has been on my camera the longest.

OT: At Yellowstone last week I was pleased to see so many people using cameras rather than phones to take pictures but almost none had anything but the manufacturer's strap attached. Well, except the wildlife photographers using massive telephoto lenses which required sherpas. :oops:

I'm another fan of this strap; it feels so sturdy yet comfortable.

I have several other straps that I have used over the years (much like my camera bag collection :D) but this one has been on my camera the longest.

OT: At Yellowstone last week I was pleased to see so many people using cameras rather than phones to take pictures but almost none had anything but the manufacturer's strap attached. Well, except the wildlife photographers using massive telephoto lenses which required sherpas. :oops:

So the recommended strap kind of looks like a "seatbelt" material..any problems with it rubbing against your neck? Watched the video on amazon and it definitely looks like a possibility for me. I have looked at the black rapids for a while now..but I have no idea which one to get! Wish I could got somewhere and try them out!

So the recommended strap kind of looks like a "seatbelt" material..any problems with it rubbing against your neck? Watched the video on amazon and it definitely looks like a possibility for me. I have looked at the black rapids for a while now..but I have no idea which one to get! Wish I could got somewhere and try them out!

It's quite comfortable.... but what I like about it, you can configure the anchors multiple ways. I actually have 3 anchors on my camera, and can alternate how I use the strap. I can set it as a more traditional neck strap, or set it in the position more for shoulder sling.
As a shoulder sling, it really sits on the shoulder, doesn't rub against the neck.

I've used the Black Rapid sport. I like it in general but I find the peak design a bit more versatile.

I guess the strap could irritate your neck a little depending upon your sensitivity etc. but I don't find it a problem. I think Amazon's return policy would let you try it out (return within 30 days, I think) and send it back if you don't like it.

I would suggest one of the neoprene-based straps. Several companies now offer that material and it's makes a load of difference. As in, the foam cells more evenly distribute the weight. In a traditional, around the neck strap, this can be huge. For the sling designs, I would think the principal still applies.

WOW! Thanks mom2trk! I had been mulling this over all week ..had it in my amazon cart, but at this price it was a no brainer! Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!