Looking for a DIS meet May 11-19...

Oh thanks for the reminder...I still have to find LGMH..:eek: 9 days!!!

DH may bail out on our DisMEET only because I signed him up to go to a Disney Artist presentation at 2, and unlike me, he is early for everything.

but Katie & I will be there.

Just a quick update, in case anyone cares! :lovestruc

My unofficial grades were posted today: Straight A's!! :banana: I've got at least one reason to celebrate at Disney World!!

Now comes the really hard part...the waiting game to see if I've been accepted into the early childhood education program at my school. Applications were due this past Monday, but I have no idea when they plan on reviewing the apps and making their decision. Only 30 students get in, and I probably won't find out until we are already in Florida. I've asked the people feeding our cats to call me if any mail comes from the college while we're gone, but let's just hope I can find out before we go so I can really celebrate!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Congratulations!

My youngest DS is just finishing his 1st year at Kent State. He took his last final today. He decided to join me at WDW at the last minute although he'll probably pass on any DIS Meets I go to! He's had 10 years of them! ;) My oldest DS will be in Fl at the U of FL taking some classes towards his MBA, at the same time we're at WDW. He does most of the work from Ohio but has to go down to FL several times a year for some assignments. No Disney for him now, but he, DD-I-L, and the grandkids will be there next year to celebrate when he finishes! :) (I might have to go with them! ;) )

TC :cool1:

Just a quick update, in case anyone cares! :lovestruc

My unofficial grades were posted today: Straight A's!! :banana: I've got at least one reason to celebrate at Disney World!!

Now comes the really hard part...the waiting game to see if I've been accepted into the early childhood education program at my school. Applications were due this past Monday, but I have no idea when they plan on reviewing the apps and making their decision. Only 30 students get in, and I probably won't find out until we are already in Florida. I've asked the people feeding our cats to call me if any mail comes from the college while we're gone, but let's just hope I can find out before we go so I can really celebrate!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Hey, that's great news on the grades!

Maybe you'll find out good results once you are down in Disney and have even more reason to celebrate there!!:cheer2:

Is there still going to be a meet at Epcot on the 15th at 1:00pm at the UK Pavilion? Where is it at exactly and is there room for two more me and DH are thinking about meeting some of the fellow Disboarders. :woohoo:

The DIS Meet is still on for the 15th at Epcot! We plan on meeting in front of the Rose & Crown around 1:00. I think a lot of us will be wearing lime green or have lime green Mickey head buttons on.

Hope you can make it! :)

As luck would have it. I woke up with a migraine that morning and spent the day in the room! :rolleyes: I did go out later, after the sun went down, only because youngest DS wanted to go to MK and didn't want to go alone.

I was hoping someone went to the DIS Meet and would give a report. Anyone?

As luck would have it. I woke up with a migraine that morning and spent the day in the room! :rolleyes: I did go out later, after the sun went down, only because youngest DS wanted to go to MK and didn't want to go alone.

I was hoping someone went to the DIS Meet and would give a report. Anyone?

There were three DIS meets in the middle of June.

The first was on the 14th at the American Fountain at 3:00PM. Precisely at that moment it poured down as hard as it could. I looked around but saw no one. I was ain a lime gree polo shirt.

The second was on the 15th of June in front of the Rose and Crown Pub. I got there earleir and sat at a table in a lime green and white square button down shirt. I went in the pub and saw no one. I stayed until 1:30PM. At 1PM the street walkers were doing their rendition of romeo and juliet.

The third was May 20th at Jellyrolls. I got there early to secure a table but again I saw no one I was up front in the center table all by my self for the night until midnight. I then took a bus back to my resort.

yep, the 14th dis meet was a wash for me -- literally. It rained like crazy and of course we forgot our ponchos so ended up buying new ones. We ducked into the Pixar Animation building for character photos and that was so crowded they stopped letting people enter. So once we got inside, there was no way we were leaving.

But we got awesome photos with characters from Monsters, Inc, Up, Toy Story.:banana::cool1:

I'm sorry we missed the meet. I only met one other Disser in the park and saw no LGMH the entire week. Bummer.

We got to the American Pavilion around 3:15-ish, once the rain died down. We didn't have any LGMHs, but I also didn't see anyone else with them. We went inside and listened to the singers and then continued around our way around the world when we ran into Marsha over in the UK.

I didn't know about the meet at Jellyrolls! We've never been to that place, and we really wanted to go this time around but STILL never made it. Can you believe that we didn't get everything done that we wanted to get done in 9 days???

Yes, Carrie I believe it!

i'm on trip #34 (or is it 36?) now and still haven't seen and done everything I want to!

Just means we all have to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter