Longer stay OR Nicer Hotel?

milmore104

Mommy to 3 Disney Princesses
Okay would you rather stay at WDW for 15 nights at one of the Value Resorts OR would you stay at 10 nights one of the Deluxe? I'm looking for all both sides pros and cons. Thanks!
Nicki

I would go for 10 deluxe, or go off season and try for a good code or AP rate, I've found a lot of times the off season deluxe can be as low if not lower than a moderate at regular season.

Hi there,

10 nights Deluxe!!

Plenty of time to see the parks and relax at a beautiful resort... 4 days cheaper for park tickets and meals... just a better quality vacation overall.

>>^..^<<

Deluxe for 10 nights!! 10 nights is a good amount of time to see everything you need to see and do. What resort are you thinking of?

I'd split it to get the maximum amout of time, with half at the deluxe (for instance, 6 days at each).

10 nights deluxe by far. We've never stayed at WDW longer than 7 or 8 nights, and by the end of the trip, we're Disney'd - and vacationed - out.

Milmore104, what a tough question. I really like MJames41's suggestion: split the max amount of time between the deluxe and moderate. And end your vacation at the deluxe.

We have gone twice in June for 16 days. We stayed one week at a mod and then 1 week at a Deluxe. Both trips were great!

How about 13 in a moderate? That's what I would probably do.

Having stayed at ASMo and several deluxes I prefer the deluxes (of course). However, if it meant 5 more days of vacation, I would go with the value resort.

I would personally go for 10 days in a deluxe. I like all the amenities and feel of a deluxe hotel especially for a long trip. The deluxes usually have several sit-down restaurants plus a quick order place while the values only have the food court. I know I'd get tired of just having the food court as an option. You could split the trip as some have suggested and make your trip a little longer if you really want to stay more days. However I'm not one who likes packing back up so I would just stay in one place the whole trip.

10 or 15 days sounds great in WDW! Have fun!

If I could swing 10 nights in a deluxe then that would be my pick. We have never stayed more than 7 or 8 days and that is a good time frame for us. We have split our stays between moderate and deluxe before. Can't swing the entire stay at a deluxe. However, this year we will be staying at WL and AKL due to the POFQ closure and the comeback special from the first of the year! If I was staying for 15 days, I would think I would be need a change of pace or scenery. Being mature adults, I don't think DH & I could take 15 days of the value resorts. Of course, we have stayed at the value resorts for quick weekend trips and enjoyed our stays. I think everyone has there own preferences!

Personally we would do the longer stay at a value. We've yet to be Disneyed out and are never ready to go home. A few extra relaxing days would be wonderful! I agree with the above poster though...how about 13 days at a moderate? Or keep checking for FTP or codes and do the whole time at a moderate.

I guess I should have added more info. We went in Nov02' and stayed at AKL fro 15 nights. It was great. We usually go for about 10 nights but this trip we went all out. (We planned on it being our last trip until we added another disneyact to our little family) But we can't stay away. So my DH and I are having trouble agreeing. We are currently booked at the Poly for 10 nights but our DD(2) really wants to go back to the animals as well as my DH. And I know you all will agree it takes forever to decide on a hotel and I thought we finally did on the Poly because of the Monorail. But I loved the AKL and would go back but I was thinking why not stay longer I loved staying for 16 days. We DO NOT split our stay. My DH won't do that.

Unlike most of the other posters, I'm not thrilled with the deluxes. I feel much more comfortable being able to walk out the door of my room and be outside. I don't need a lot of room to relax, and I don't bring a lot of stuff when I travel. Food court meals are fine with me, and if I want something fancier I can always go to another resort to eat.

I'd much rather save the money and stay longer! Our trip in December will include 5 nights at All Star Music (two before our cruise package and three after), 3 nights at Port Orleans Riverside (part of the cruise package) and two nights at Pop Century (opening night and the next night). When faced with the choice of spending a few nights at a deluxe or all of the above at a value, there was no argument from anyone concerned!

Beth

Originally posted by DeeCee
How about 13 in a moderate? That's what I would probably do.

I like this idea too. We've never stayed at a value resort. We've stayed at three of the deluxe resorts. I once swore that I'd never stay off the beam. Then we stayed at WL. Then I wondered why we were spending extra to stay on the beam. We're a parks kind of family. Last year we stayed twice, unusual for us, at POR. We felt it was the best bang for the buck that we've gotten since we've been going to WDW. We were booked for POFQ this year but have been displaced. We went with the Polynesian upgrade simply because it was such a great deal. The kids liked the idea of the volcano pool over Stormalong Bay. Otherwise, we'd have been very happy to stay at POFQ. Hopefully, we can book a room there next time we go.

I think with a 2 year old you'd be happier in a deluxe, just because of the way the rooms are set up. Do you spend much time there?

This is probably just me, but I'd feel very trapped in a small room with no place to go when the kid was asleep. One moderate we considered was CBR because it looks like there is a curtain across the sink/closet area. the pack N play could go back there. I haven't seen it in person though.

My DH & DS (2) also LOVED AKL. They were indifferent to the Polynesian. The monorail is nice for MK, but we didn't spend as much time there as we expected!

For me this a no brainer....Take the nicer hotel.

You are still staying for 10 days and IMO that is a long stay.Stay at the AKL,you know you will love it and you will not be dissapointed.Plus, DH and DD will be very happy.Just one thing, if you are already booked at the Poly for ten nights and lets say your rate is about $209 x 10= 2090(I'm making this up of course), that same $2090 will buy you at a rate of $189 (savannah view made up this rate also) 11 nights.Unless you are staying concierge which will throw my numbers way off.My point is with AKL been the lower price deluxe and Poly been a higher price you should be able to stay longer at AKL.Does this make sense to you??:smooth:

Also,if you compare the moderates with AKL you know that if it rains you cannot get out of your room.I just experimented this and we were in that room for 2 hours!! This is Florida remember that rain is very common!!!:rolleyes:

If it rains while staying at the Poly you'll also be stuck in your room! Some are closer to the GCH than others, of course, but they all seem far during one of those Florida downpours.

We do prefer a self-contained resort like AKL or WL for that reason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter