• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Logistics for getting to Starting Line without WDW Transportation?

WDWfeelslikehome

RunDis'er
This is my first time not staying on site for a Run Disney event. In January it was easy for the Marathon, just get on the bus from the Resort. I have read all of the info, just wanted to get opinions from someone who may have done this in the past. If I plan to arrive at Epcot parking lot between 3:15-3:30, does that give me adequate time to catch the bus to the starting line at TTC parking lot? It says I just need to be on the bus by 4am, but I wasn't sure if that is just referring to resort busses, or if EP to TTC busses will be running on that same schedule? Thanks for any advice!

This is my first time not staying on site for a Run Disney event. In January it was easy for the Marathon, just get on the bus from the Resort. I have read all of the info, just wanted to get opinions from someone who may have done this in the past. If I plan to arrive at Epcot parking lot between 3:15-3:30, does that give me adequate time to catch the bus to the starting line at TTC parking lot? It says I just need to be on the bus by 4am, but I wasn't sure if that is just referring to resort busses, or if EP to TTC busses will be running on that same schedule? Thanks for any advice!

That sounds like plenty of time to me.

You park in the Epcot parking lot and walk - no additional buses. I arrived in the parking lot at Epcot after 4am every morning this year - no problems. The walk can be slightly longer than the walk from the buses arriving from the resorts, but not dramatically so.

You park in the Epcot parking lot and walk - no additional buses. I arrived in the parking lot at Epcot after 4am every morning this year - no problems. The walk can be slightly longer than the walk from the buses arriving from the resorts, but not dramatically so.

I assumed @WDWfeelslikehome was talking about the Dark Side weekend, and if so, you park at Epcot, but the start line is in the TTC parking lot, so you have to bus from the Epcot parking lot to the TTC parking lot.

I assumed @WDWfeelslikehome was talking about the Dark Side weekend, and if so, you park at Epcot, but the start line is in the TTC parking lot, so you have to bus from the Epcot parking lot to the TTC parking lot.
Oops!

oops_29.jpg

I’ve only run Marathon Weekend, but have always stayed off site in Clermont. I’ve driven to the Epcot parking lot at 4ish and arrive by 4:15/4:30 and usually sit and wait until 5 and then make my way to the corrals.

Now I’ve done two 5Ks, three half’s, and one full in addition to driving others to 5Ks and 10Ks and this has never been a problem for me. Personally I prefer this method as I leave food, change of clothes, etc in the rental car for post-race.

Thank you all for your shared knowledge. I had only run the full with start/finish both in EP, just wanted to make sure that I had everything right for the Dark 1/2 this weekend. Now I just need to brave the craziness of the Expo, unfortunately I can't get there until Friday afternoon, hopefully there are a few Run Disney items left by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter