• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews Member - Kids Report Cards?

SherGoof

Mouseketeer
Looking for info.

Thought I read somewhere to bring the kids report cards (providing they were good ones) and present them at check-in for an extra perk.

Has anyone heard of this before?

And if so, what "perk" do they get?

Thanks.

It was called the Grade A Kids Program last summer. The kids got free sodas at the hotel. I can't remember if that was all or not. I don't know if they are currently doing this program. Does anyone know?

You may get different answers to this question, but when I reserved our RP room I asked the Loews rep about this & she told me they were no longer running this promotion but she did ask my kids' ages. They were too young for some kind of teen promotion (forget what it was) but I think she mentioned that they would get a welcoming gift. I'm thinking I read somewhere that it might be shovel/bucket maybe? I haven't told kids about anything (learned that LONG ago!) but a bucket/shovel would come in handy for the beach/sand area around the RP pool!

My kids have received the shovel and bucket on our past 3 trips to RPR.

I think that its great when hotels do things like that. Some places I have gone gave the kids free disposable cameras, small stuffed animals, etc. It makes the kids feel special right from the get go.

Just be advised that HRH doesn't honor a lot of the promotions, including teenager and kid perks that the other Loew's properties do. When I inquired at check in why they don't I was told it was because the hotel draws "a lot" of teenagers and pre-teens (duh) and it wouldn't be economically feasible for them to honor these programs. It's been that way (except for the small kid's welcome bag) all three times that I've been.

SnowWitch,
They mentioned the child's welcoming gift & also the teen promotion when I called Loews direct to reserve our room. (1-800-23 LOEWS). Now that I think about it, I do believe the teen promotion may have been a backpack. I'm sure if you call Loews just to ask this they would tell you, they've been very helpful & kind to me the times I have called them. Good luck!

I am glad I just read this thread because I did not even think of asking for a promotion and I just called the lowes # and told them that our daughter would be celebrating her 12th birthday and he put us in for all available promotions ( he could not give me exact info on what it would be ) but its worth a try to see what we get. I was also told to call in house at 1-877-837-2273 and let them know about the birthday.
I am so glad I have found these boards :)

glad i read this thread too! Called and gave the ages of 3 dds and was told they should expect an age appropriate gift at check-in. (Wont tell them......let them be surprised) the CSR I spoke with was soooo nice! When i told her how excited we were and how it'll be our first stay she told me "off the record" to go to beyondwdw.com for more info and photos about the resorts.

After looking at the pics I just cant wait to get there!!!! Too bad we're only staying one night. :( oh well, next trip!

curly :wave2:

I was told (at HRH) that the promotion is only in the summer. They did give my 4yo a blow up guitar and my older kids pens. My 2 middle children had good report cards, which I had with me. My 16yo daughter for the first time didn't make the honor roll and I asked the lady checking us in if they had a "Grade D" program for her. That gave the lady a good laugh. My daughter's report card wasn't that bad, but I'm always on the lookout for corny jokes. :teeth:

T&B

We are staying at HRH Memorial Day weekend. I called HRH direct (407-503-7625) yesterday to ask if they still had the Grade A program. The sweet Aussie lass at the front desk said absolutely!! She said to bring the kids report cards if they were on the honor roll (all A's and B's) and they would receive free drinks at the hotel for the length of stay. WOW that is quite a deal since my 10 & 14 year old both qualify!!!

So glad I asked about the programs and everyone has done some research to help everyone else. It's amazing what you learn on these boards (they are such a value).

My son is going to love the Grade A program - free drinks - he'll be in heaven!

We stayed at HRH last year and they would only honor the free soda promotion. It was noted on their room key cards for when they got their sodas at the Beach Club. We were told by the waitress at the Sunset Grill that they didn't honor it there. Go figure.

We're thinking of staying there this summer (if we go at all). DS doesn't drink soda. Do they have other drinks like lemonade or juices.

starwood

my 4 yr old dd was able order what ever she wanted. She mostly ordered juice (orange and cranberry) from the bar at the RPR pool. The entire staff was very nice about it.

MandaMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter