Lockers outside park entrance?

LOL my daddy was an aerospace engineer. He had "ink" on everything that flew in space, or military airspace, from the Redstone rocket until he passed in 1990. A little bit of civilian aircraft work as well, but mostly for NASA, and various US military aircraft. My husband, as I have mentioned here before, works as a ticketed (A&P) mechanic for a major airline. They both believe(d) that tools were made for everyone to use and I grew seeing my Mom as capable with tools from the garage as from the kitchen. So, yeah - ToolBunny works too! LOL
I hope I didn't come off as condescending or sexist. I reread it a few hours after I posted and thought, "That might sound condescending and sexist." and the hashtag was meant to be honest but also a bit ironic, like showing my 13y/o how 'with it' her dad can be. We Brights are a maker household but it's hard to deny that the times are indeed changing. It just took me by surprise a little to hear the name of a tool called out that wasn't actually the name of an app named after a tool. Not sure if that makes it more or less condescending. Hrmm... Okay, I wasn't surprised to hear a tool called out (and with full title and honors given no less) by you in particular or (less specifically) by a woman, but just in general by anyone at all.

...Have you considered just getting a disposable syringe that could vacuum up all of the yummy goodness in the vial?[...]A syringe and a vial of medicine is something that security can very easily understand.
The vial, like in the picture, comprises the syringe barrel and plunger seal for the machine. If you picture a typical plunger rod attached to the ribbed rubber thing at the tail end of the vial you'll get the idea. Likewise at the business end of the vial in the pic is a pierceable membrane. The capsule goes into the machine like a Keurig coffee pod. But before that, there is an elaborate cap crimped over the end that has a rib that extends back to lock a tab on the plunger seal. I'm using the system as part of a trial and one of the anti-abuse measures is that the medicine has an ingredient that's highly reactive oxygen and the whole thing goes stale within a few minutes of piercing the vial. Benzo tranquilizers are not something most people get to inject into themselves because of the potential for theft and abuse and such. Also, it's thick like pancake syrup. It would take forever to inject it with one needle. Transdermal injection uses 12 tiny needles all at once to put 12 tiny blobs of the stuff almost as deep as a sub-dermal injection, the machine does all the heavy lifting (timing the injection and such). Then the meds leach into my system nice and slow for 5 hours or so.

I brought this dilemma up with my doctor on the phone today, just as a remark in passing, and she thinks the clinic can probably dispense a few days worth without the heavy covers crimped on. She said this was done for a patient that was going to be taking several long flights and needed to be able to open the meds while in the air. So maybe I get a get an easy way out. It's in the clinic's best interest to let the trial proceed without interruptions and I've been with this doctor for close on 20 years now (Jebus ... now I feel old) so she'll vouch for me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get those special "travel" vials. I have long resisted certain aspects of pain management, simply because typically the side effects are so horrendous for me that the "cure" is worse than the "disease". I hope this system leads to other folks finding long-lasting relief, and I appreciate that you are willing to try this for the rest of us.

LOL - don't worry. You weren't condescending at all, and I knew exactly what you meant! And I totally get the maker thing; we have a LulzBot Taz5 that never gets a break! And if you want to feel old... wait until you see the same model car your best friend drove in high school going down the road with an "antique car" license plate on it! o_O LOL happened to me this weekend!

And if you want to feel old... wait until you see the same model car your best friend drove in high school going down the road with an "antique car" license plate on it! o_O LOL happened to me this weekend!
My primary driver is a 1963 Ford Falcon... I am that guy.

Yeah, I put off getting any treatment at all for my anxiety from 2001 until about 2006 because I was raised to just get through it and because so much of the pharmaceutical approach involved heavy tranquilizers or anti-psychotics. Thankfully there are doctors who know their business and I'm doing pretty great now. Pain management adds a whole new element as pain meds (that work) tend to include an opiate and presently the media is jumping on every 'opiate epidemic' story it can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter