Location of Value Rooms at AKV?

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
We have a 2 bedroom and another studio- all Value category for AKV in July. What are the locations of the value rooms? Certain area? Certain floor or all over? And am I correct that these can be pool, parking lot or savannah view? Luck of the draw?

Yes, on the views and it is luck of the draw. I believe I read that most were either pool or savannah. You can request a certain view but it is not guaranteed.

And, the value rooms are in Jambo House (the main AKL) and I believe they are located on the 5th floor (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Does anyone have a map view that shows the value rooms location? Any secret to trying for the partial savannal or pool view? Would on-line check in hurt or help the possibility?

tHIS HELPS. oN TH EMAP- THE ROOMS THAT ARE IN WHITE FACING THE PARKING LOT- What size rooms are those? The key doesn't show what is the white rooms?

tHIS HELPS. oN TH EMAP- THE ROOMS THAT ARE IN WHITE FACING THE PARKING LOT- What size rooms are those? The key doesn't show what is the white rooms?

I believe those aren't rooms at all. Or they are Animal Kingdom Lodge (NOT DVC) rooms. If you book any DVC category, you won't have any chance to get any of the white rooms you mentioned.

Excellent! That means for a lock-off 2 bedroom there are 8 with pool or savannah view and only 2 with parking lot view. I like those odds! Plus, now I will put in a request for Sunset Savannah view to boost my chances!

Those are hotel (AKL) rooms. Not all of the rooms on the 5th floor of AKL were converted to DVC villas. Fortunately for those booking Value villas, there are only two 2BR lockoffs that face the parking lot. Most of the parking lot view rooms were not converted and were kept as AKL hotel rooms.

Do any of the value studios face the parking lot? Are any HA?
Two 2BR lockoffs face the parking lot. A lockoff consists of a 1BR and a Studio so that means there are potentially two Studios with a parking lot view.

Based on the floor plans, there is only one HA room in the Value category. It is room # 5010, a 1BR with a tub rather than a roll-in shower. It faces the pool area. We've seen a few cases where what was actually built differed from the floor plans so I can't say for sure whether this info is accurate.

ETA: As far as I'm aware, the only HA Studio in Jambo House is a Standard View room, # 5456. The floor plans show it having a roll-in shower.

We were in room 5010, HA in Jambo. It has a Tub. The bedroom area is exactly the same as the regular 1 brs. The kitchen and living areas are completely different than the other 1 brs. The kitchen is missing the center island, there is less counter space. The refrig is a freezer on the bottom style. The stove has "different" controls, closer to the front. There is no lounge chair in the living room. The dining table is located next to the window and not near the kitchen area. The hall way that leads to the bedroom and the bathroom are much larger than the other 1 brs. The bathroom had only 1 small light. It was very dark, Especially with the shower curtain pulled closed. Also, the Bathroom, everything, was in the same room. Toilet, shower, sink/vanity.. all in one.. no privacy. The washer dryer and the extra closet were located next to the bathroom. Since I am not in need of a HA unit I was quite disappointed.. It even appeared that some of the artwork was missing. We were moved a day later because someone needed our room (I was glad) and we moved to a regular 1 br. It was really evident of the differences. :hippie:

Adding that the dining table has 4 chairs, not the cute built in bench with a cushion and 2 chairs as with the others.

Two 2BR lockoffs face the parking lot. A lockoff consists of a 1BR and a Studio so that means there are potentially two Studios with a parking lot view.

Based on the floor plans, there is only one HA room in the Value category. It is room # 5010, a 1BR with a tub rather than a roll-in shower. It faces the pool area. We've seen a few cases where what was actually built differed from the floor plans so I can't say for sure whether this info is accurate.

ETA: As far as I'm aware, the only HA Studio in Jambo House is a Standard View room, # 5456. The floor plans show it having a roll-in shower.

Lisa I can verify 5010 is a HA 1 bedroom with a tub instead of shower. It is also a lock off to 5012.

Denise in MI

Thank you both for the information about room 5010. I added it to my Jambo House database.

I stayed in a value 1BR in the main lodge. I had quite a horrible parking lot view & the room was too small for everything they crammed into it :sad2: Not something I would sign up for again :sad2:

We were in room 5010, HA in Jambo. It has a Tub. The bedroom area is exactly the same as the regular 1 brs. The kitchen and living areas are completely different than the other 1 brs. The kitchen is missing the center island, there is less counter space. The refrig is a freezer on the bottom style. The stove has "different" controls, closer to the front. There is no lounge chair in the living room. The dining table is located next to the window and not near the kitchen area. The hall way that leads to the bedroom and the bathroom are much larger than the other 1 brs. The bathroom had only 1 small light. It was very dark, Especially with the shower curtain pulled closed. Also, the Bathroom, everything, was in the same room. Toilet, shower, sink/vanity.. all in one.. no privacy. The washer dryer and the extra closet were located next to the bathroom. Since I am not in need of a HA unit I was quite disappointed.. It even appeared that some of the artwork was missing. We were moved a day later because someone needed our room (I was glad) and we moved to a regular 1 br. It was really evident of the differences. :hippie:

Adding that the dining table has 4 chairs, not the cute built in bench with a cushion and 2 chairs as with the others.
Melynny or anyone else that may have stayed in room 5010, I am wondering if the tub is the same size as the others at AKL in a 1br?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter