Location of Laundry rooms on ships

On our first cruise (Oct. 2000) we were right across from the laundry room on deck 2 (we were in 2094 & 2096) and were not bothered at all by it. I, too, am a light sleeper and was never woken up by someone doing laundry.

And, NO, I never ever ever do laundry on vacation! And we are a family of 6 and a family of 7 on the 2nd cruise (Oct. 2002)!!!! I do at least 3 loads every day of the week at home and when I'm on the cruise I AM ON VACATION!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Bottom line - I wouldn't fret about it!

Wishing on a star, I was told in an email that there were no rooms to change to "at this time." I assume that means they are all sold out.

Maria, if you plan on doing your laundry at the crack of dawn.....well, when are you sailing again?? :D

Originally posted by joanb
do you all really do laundry while on vacation???????
I don't plan on it nor do I want to do any while on vacation!!!!!!!
If we all pack enough underwear for a week my family can wear dirty clothes!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Joan

I did it last cruise right after getting back on ship from castaway cay. I HATE packing dirty clothes in my suitcase and taking them home. I usually do laundry the last day of vacation so once I get home I can just put the clothes back where they belong nice and clean. There was not a person anywhere near the laundry room that day!

IM ON JAN 24-31. I REALLY HATE THE THOUGHT OF DOING LAUNDRY ON OUR TRIP, BUT WE ARE SPENDING 3 DAYS AT WDW BEFORE WE SAIL AND WE WILL RUN OUT OF CLOTHES! I ALSO WILL HAVE A 5 MONTH OLD BABY WHEN WE SAIL AND WILL NEED TO WASH ALL OF HER STUFF. IF THE LOCATION OF THE LAUNDRY ROOM DOES DISTURB THE GUESTS NEARBY, OUT OF RESPECT I WILL WAIT AND FIND A BETTER TIME..........I HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME. WE STAYED NEXT TO A LAUNDRY ROOM AND A WOMAN HAD HER LAUNDRY AND HER 5 CHILDREN IN TOW. SHE LET THE MONSTERS RUN UP AND DOWN THE HALLS YELLING(IN POLISH) AND BANGING ON DOORS. OH, DID I MENTION IT WAS 1 AM!!! :mad: WHEN THE WOMAN IN THE ROOM NEXT TO US WENT OUT THERE AND TOLD THE MOTHER TO CONTROL HER KIDS, THE WOMAN CLAIMED TO KNOW NO ENGLISH AND LET HER KIDS CONTINUE!!!!ANYWAY, SECURITY HAD TO STEP IN. OH, ALSO THE WOMAN WAS WASTED! SHE HAD A BEER IN HER HAND AND REEKED OF BOOZE.I AM SO PARANOID OF STAYING NEAR A LAUNDRY ROOM NOW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter