• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

living room..any ideas, i'm stuck on the window coverings

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
usually i don't hang around here but the photo board doesn't cover this and this is driving me to crazy;) so hope i can pick some brains here
...redoing living room, topaz venetian plaster walls http://interiorillusionsfx.com/ventianII.aspx it looks a little brighter and more yellow on my screen it's kind of dulled burnt orange in reality, dark solid oliveish couch and solid sage-y greenish chair( going to get another one , no idea as to color as yet) white trim. dark walnut wood floor, probably going to get a off white shaggier type area rug. i am having a real time figuring out what kind of pattern to put on the cornices i am going to make, i want them to pull the topaz, furniture and accent color together...husband loves these sheers http://www.target.com/dp/B000RB5O9O...=bottom-5&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101 ( not really what i had in mind but i am getting my way with most of the other rooms so i would like to let him have some say in this one:rotfl: .) so any ideas about the cornices, other chair ( maybe brown leather?)or ottoman? thinking of making the sheers into a soft roman shade and then an upholstered cornice maybe matching the ottoman(s), depending on what i get or do. I'm thinking either plum/purple( sheers have the topaz, some green and a little purple) or light blue for accents ie pillows etc. the lamps i have now are verdigris copper, need another. it's a little room, only other big thing is a armoire for the tv in a dark walnut french country style( other furniture is probably more "vintage-y" looking than contemporary, but not technically traditional,so french country-ish style, rolled arms and backs, no skirts but curvey wood legs etc thinking of a bombe type chest for an end table by one of the chairs)
so any ideas? thanks for any help!

Those sheers are very pretty. My living room walls are very similar to that color, I have a sage green couch and love seat and dark wood furniture and I have dark red silk curtains. My fireplace is a stand alone and is also painted the same red color and I have bits of matching red accessories around the room. It looks very Tuscan.

You could use the sheers for summer time and purchase darker, heavier curtains for winter or even layer the sheers under the darker curtains. I think purple could be pretty but be sure you aren't going too much on the Mardi Gras side of colors (gold, green and purple) unless that is something you are really looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter