Live from Contemporary

emma'sdad

Earning My Ears
We are in the Contemporary listening to the wind howl outside our window. We are on the 9th floor of the Tower, the end room with a great MK view.

Everything was to shut down tonight. However, the food and fun center states that it is operating with normal hours - meaning the snack shop will be open all night. I bet it does not though, as the wind and rain are really picking up now. The CM's here have kept us informed of events with flyers and phone calls. People are stocking up preparing for a few meals in their rooms.

We will post later as the storm progresses.

Everyone stay safe.

:umbrella: :umbrella:

emma'sdad... Thank you for keeping us up to date! Stay safe!

CM's just called. All meal service (except for food and fun center) has been cancelled for breakfast tomorrow. After 11 pm guests in the garden wings may not come to the tower. Boxed breakfasts have been made available.

Tower guests have not been restricted from leaving their rooms.

How scary! I guess we could be in the same situation in 2 weeks. I would have never imagined having to worry about this type of thing when we booked the trip a year ago!

STAY SAFE!!!

Here's hoping you weathered the storm okay. Check in and let us know you're okay and how things are when you get a chance.

We were at the CR for Charley. Have to say that being in the garden wing area was a little restricting. After 7:00 p.m. on 8/13 we were not supposed to leave our rooms. I met a lady who had a large amount of wine and snacks right down the hall from me. She became my 'new, very best friend', but dh didn't want to be imposing on strangers!!! But the invite was very nice anyway. It was an adventure. It would have been better if there weren't people suffering outside of WDW and losing their homes!! Yep, the CR was a good place to weather the hurricane.

Stay safe and stay away from those windows!!!!!! Oh, and how many monorail cars are inside and are the ends of the monorail area closed off with plywood?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter