Lists of Marathons?

Dismom820

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip to Disney World the first week in February and I've never gone during this time. Is there a list of the marathons going on for 2018 yet? I know they usually have them during the "cooler" months, and I wasn't sure when it was planning on starting. I'm trying to see kind of what the crowds are going to look like and what to prepare as far as fast passes and such. Thanks in advance!

There's only one actual marathon and it's in January.

Check out rundisney.com for info on that weekend and the half marathon weekends as well.
Thank you! We went in April this year they had one going on and the crowds for the buses were INSANE!!! Plus our Hollywood Studios day was "ruined" with ropes all over the place, we had to go around our elbow to get to our thumb so to speak when getting around the park. I just didn't want to have to deal with that again! hahaha

The first week in February is not a race weekend for this coming February. Marathon weekend is Jan. 3-7. The Princess half weekend (which I am running) is February 22-25. You should be fine the first weekend.

The first week in February is not a race weekend for this coming February. Marathon weekend is Jan. 3-7. The Princess half weekend (which I am running) is February 22-25. You should be fine the first weekend.
Woohoo! Thanks!

Check the runDisney FAQ pinned to the top for information on WDW running events.

Thank you! We went in April this year they had one going on and the crowds for the buses were INSANE!!! Plus our Hollywood Studios day was "ruined" with ropes all over the place, we had to go around our elbow to get to our thumb so to speak when getting around the park. I just didn't want to have to deal with that again! hahaha

That's the Star Wars half marathon weekend. :)

If you have ropes and runners around in the future, cheer them on! And marvel at how they move runners and guests around. It's really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter