Likely Odds? October Polynesian Waitlist

blu3

Earning My Ears
I know it is mostly a "who knows, it is possible" situation, but trying to figure out what the odds of getting a waitlist for Poly standard view studio October 18-20, based on past years if anyone knows.

Is it worth finding availability when I hit the 7 month window at a different resort just in case and canceling the waitlist?

You should have your home resort booked now and be ready at 8 am eastern time to try for Poly or what ever you would like. If not available, get on waitlist(s) ASAP. Good luck.

Polynesian is my home. Those dates are ~8 months right now. I am already on the waitlist for those dates at Poly. Just trying to figure out if I should let the waitlists ride or at the 7 month mark (next month) grab whatever is available and cancel he waitlists... I was thinking the waitlists might come through once 7 months comes when people move what they booked at 11 months over to other resorts, but I am not sure how often that happens.

Since I already put my waitlists in and they are NOT set to replace a reservation I assume if I booked at 7 months elsewhere I would have to deactivate those waitlists and add new ones, resetting my position on the list so that it will replace those reservations, right?

I think kinda bad, to be honest. Now that Poly is sold out and fully declared, the bungalow points are influencing studio availability in high season.

Maybe some Poly owners will move, or plan on getting 1BRs elsewhere. But if you look at RAT, their studio options are kinda stank.

Polynesian is my home. Those dates are ~8 months right now. I am already on the waitlist for those dates at Poly. Just trying to figure out if I should let the waitlists ride or at the 7 month mark (next month) grab whatever is available and cancel he waitlists... I was thinking the waitlists might come through once 7 months comes when people move what they booked at 11 months over to other resorts, but I am not sure how often that happens........
Agree with _auroraborealis_. Even now, only SSR, AKV-Kidani & OKW have availability in a studio for those nights. Where would the people now holding Poly reservations go? It would have to be a 1 bedroom or larger villa or a complete trip cancellation.

If you can afford a 1 bedroom (or are OK with a studio at Kidani, SSR or OKW) , I'd book that at 7 months and call MS to see if they can add a note to your existing waitlist to replace the new reservation. If not, you can cancel & re-do the Poly waitlist. Yes, it would move you down the list, but maybe that won't make too much difference since you only need the two nights. At least you would have the comfort of knowing you do have a place to stay if Poly doesn't work out for this trip. (Dont let the waitlist go past 7 days if the new reservation costs more points than the Poly studio. You don't want points in holding if you can help it).

Good luck!

Makes sense, thanks everyone.

I booked at 11 months for my main stay, was just hoping for an extra room for my mother for a few days so if it doesn't work out it isn't the end of the world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter