Lifeguard vs QSFB Roles

Orreed

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am currently a seasonal QSFB cast member at Casey's Corner and Tomorrowland Terrace. I overall like it but am itching to do something new, especially since some nights I work until 2am. I saw on the HUB they are looking for seasonal lifeguards and I'm tempted to apply... anyone have comparisons between the two?

Lifeguarding is really what you make of it. The hours are less because the pools and the water parks are only open for so many hours each day. It isn't as must guest interaction. You can make it fun, but there are some really boring days. You'll be at a resort or a water park. If you work QSFB at a park, I can see this being boring and not as fast-paced and as exciting as you're used to.

Lifeguarding at Disney is EXTREMELY physical and the training is intense. It's standing and walking for long periods of time out in the sun. Very minimal guest interaction since you're not even supposed to make eye contact with them (eyes always on the water). I've never done QSFB but it'd be quite the change and you'd be in a location far different from that of the Magic Kingdom. You won't have crazy Main Street hours tho and you'll be on a more consistent, limited schedule. It's whatever is a bigger pro or con for you.

I appreciate the responses so thanks! Hmm, I think I'll stay with QSFB, as I really love guest interaction and I'm not the strongest swimmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter