Liberty of the Seas- Panoramic Family Stateroom - Any experiences?

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
We are cruising on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston leaving on December 24. We just upgraded to the Panoramic Family Stateroom for 5 of us and I'm so excited about it.

Has anyone here stayed in these rooms? I understand there are just 2 of them that are the Family staterooms. There's a king bed and double sofa bed as well as a separate room with bunk beds and then 1.5 baths.

It's my husband and me and our two 14 year old girls and then my sister. It's a surprise for our girls who think we have connecting interior staterooms. I can't wait for them to walk in and see the room!

We've not cruised RCCL before having just done Princess and Carnival previously, and we are really excited to give them a try.

Ok, I don't have any experience with that category of rooms, but I know they're new following the Dry-dock in early 2016. DW and I took our honeymoon on Liberty in 2007 when it was new (balcony), we cruised on her again in Summer 2016 (promenade view), and we're taking dd7 and dd2 with us on Dec 3rd 2017 (balcony). We've also cruised Royal Caribbean several more times as well as Celebrity, Norwegian, and Carnival. I will tell you this, Liberty is by far my favorite ship and RCCL has always been a MUCH better experience than any others we have tried. My only problem with RCCL is that they seem to KNOW they are the best and they push the price envelope accordingly.

Liberty is a HUGE ship, but it's not a mega-ship like Oasis-class ships. I feel like Liberty with its most recent upgrades (more water slides among other things like panoramic view staterooms) has a near perfect ratio of 'passenger capacity':'things to do'. I've been on ships where there is 'that one thing' that everyone wants to try and you have to wait forever or have luck to do that one thing. On Liberty there's so much that if that one thing is busy at the moment there are some great alternatives and you can return when the crowd dies down.

The panoramic staterooms look amazing! I considered them instead of a balcony for, um, 'hover-parent safety reasons' (have to laugh at myself sometimes)

Please tel us about your trip when you come back!

Ok, I don't have any experience with that category of rooms, but I know they're new following the Dry-dock in early 2016. DW and I took our honeymoon on Liberty in 2007 when it was new (balcony), we cruised on her again in Summer 2016 (promenade view), and we're taking dd7 and dd2 with us on Dec 3rd 2017 (balcony). We've also cruised Royal Caribbean several more times as well as Celebrity, Norwegian, and Carnival. I will tell you this, Liberty is by far my favorite ship and RCCL has always been a MUCH better experience than any others we have tried. My only problem with RCCL is that they seem to KNOW they are the best and they push the price envelope accordingly.

Liberty is a HUGE ship, but it's not a mega-ship like Oasis-class ships. I feel like Liberty with its most recent upgrades (more water slides among other things like panoramic view staterooms) has a near perfect ratio of 'passenger capacity':'things to do'. I've been on ships where there is 'that one thing' that everyone wants to try and you have to wait forever or have luck to do that one thing. On Liberty there's so much that if that one thing is busy at the moment there are some great alternatives and you can return when the crowd dies down.

The panoramic staterooms look amazing! I considered them instead of a balcony for, um, 'hover-parent safety reasons' (have to laugh at myself sometimes)

Please tel us about your trip when you come back!

Thanks for your response. I'm so glad to hear that you like Liberty. We certainly think it looks amazing! The panoramic family room is certainly a splurge, but once we saw them, it was hard to resist. I'll certainly report back after our trip.

Ack! 1864 on Freedom. That's what I get for going by memory. And that's deck 12, which is weird, but whatever. :)

So are you in 1854 or 1804?

Ack! 1864 on Freedom. That's what I get for going by memory. And that's deck 12, which is weird, but whatever. :)

Hey just out of curiosity, how would you rate this room vs a regular balcony? It seems they're higher fares than most balconies, but that could be because of the higher deck and limited supply. When I was on Liberty in Jun '16 there seemed to be a TON of foot-traffic by the couple of rooms adjacent to the door that led to the pool deck. Some of that foot-traffic may or may not have been mine because of being lost...

DW and I debated between those 2 categories for our next cruise.

As much as I say I love a balcony, I just don't use them that much. It's windy, I get a little bit scared (completely irrationally, which I totally recognize), and it's often noisy. So to have the views of the giant pano windows is AMAZING for me.

I can't really comment on foot traffic mainly b/c it's not something that I notice (so obviously it doesn't bother me either way). But the views are lovely. And the OP is almost looking straight forward, vs our side-ish-ways view in 1864 (or the totally sideways 7584 not-floor-to-ceiling-not-called-pano-anymore-but-they-were-when-we-were-there on Vision), so it's even more awesome. IMO.

And if you're like me and like to "collect" interesting rooms, it's worth it for that, too.

Some views from 1864's windows.
DSCF6660.JPG IMG_2245.JPG IMG_2246.JPG

Last edited:

We are in 1854. It’s those views that sold us! When I looked at a video of the room I was just in love!

As much as I say I love a balcony, I just don't use them that much. It's windy, I get a little bit scared (completely irrationally, which I totally recognize), and it's often noisy. So to have the views of the giant pano windows is AMAZING for me.

I can't really comment on foot traffic mainly b/c it's not something that I notice (so obviously it doesn't bother me either way). But the views are lovely. And the OP is almost looking straight forward, vs our side-ish-ways view in 1864 (or the totally sideways 7584 not-floor-to-ceiling-not-called-pano-anymore-but-they-were-when-we-were-there on Vision), so it's even more awesome. IMO.

And if you're like me and like to "collect" interesting rooms, it's worth it for that, too.

Some views from 1864's windows.
View attachment 279467 View attachment 279468 View attachment 279469

Those views are just
6150908247646ed63cad6e3d1eaa7821f5e5cab18f0e843af1e8cdab3b6643e7.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's definitely gonna have to happen one of these cruises... bravo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter