Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Mmm cronuts, love them!

Cute pics at Character Spot!

You got a lot of rides done at Epcot!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! It can never be bad when cheddar cheese soup is involved, right? :)

I know that walk between HS and EP!!! (Pro tip: It is much better in January or even October)

Yay for the ride on Soarin'!

Boo on the removal of your favorite from The Land. They screwed me over too when they discontinued my favorite salad ever, the roasted beet and goat cheese. :(

I love the dating advice you got from the characters.

Sorry the Le Cellier meal had some issues. You are paying way too much there for mediocre anything.

That is awesome about Test Track!

:car:

We love Soarin and LwtL, I have never tried Sunshine Seasons which is so odd because we have been in that building so many times, maybe one day!

Yummy cronut, love the character pictures!

The pretzel bread is so good! I would eat it at every meal if I could lol!

They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:

This rider swap thing is intriguing...does it only work with little kids lol? Glad you go to go and also with Su-Lynn and Steve - how awesome!

I saw O' Canada which I always enjoy and checked into my ADR at Le Cellier about 15 minutes early and they got me right in.

Funny I just watched this on our last trip for the first time in like 20 years lol. It's good, and I'm glad that they allude to the fact that a lot of people think we in Canada all live in Igloos lol!

A trip to Canada would just not be complete without that yummy cheddar cheese soup.

That looks so good! I know so many people lately who've gone to Le Cellier, and talked about how good it was. I definitely think we need to try it soon.

Great Epcot pics...you're putting me in the mood for our weekend starting this Wednesday night + solo trip in March.
Thank you! Oooh, so jealous you leave Wednesday - have a WONDERFUL trip!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

My initial thought was this must refer to the wookie, but he's a bit hairy and the vocab might be a bit limiting (although that has its advantages too). But then I see the word "Solo" in your title, so...
:rotfl2:

librarian-jpg.270384
I actually LOLed on this! :rotfl2:

I have stayed at All Star Movies twice, both for my sons' 8th grade class trips. I love the theming of the resort.
I agree! The theming is awesome! :thumbsup2

You got to meet AND eat with Su-Lynn and Steve???
I'm one lucky girl!!! ::yes::

Loving your report!!!

The ride photos are great- keep 'em coming.
Thank you so much... and yep, I plan to keep 'em coming - they're just too entertaining not to :laughing:

I have not dined at Liberty Tree. What a great meal and great company.

And the Colonial Ears on both of you cracked me up.
It was a great meal, and even greater company :goodvibes Aren't the ears great?! :laughing:

The vending machines are cool, but what I really love here are the luggage lockers. They are super huge and only $1 for a single use. We use them if we need to stow stuff while at HS.
What?! That must be the best deal on property.

I suck at selfies, but Su-Lynn is the queen. She has the best selfies ever!
She really is! I should have asked for a lesson :laughing:

Mmm cronuts, love them!
I could go for one right about now :rolleyes:

Cute pics at Character Spot!
Thanks! This was my first time doing the Character Spot and I don't know what took me so long :sad2:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! It can never be bad when cheddar cheese soup is involved, right? :)
Exactly!!! ::yes::

I know that walk between HS and EP!!! (Pro tip: It is much better in January or even October)
I know you do! :thumbsup2 And yeah... great advice :rotfl:

Boo on the removal of your favorite from The Land. They screwed me over too when they discontinued my favorite salad ever, the roasted beet and goat cheese. :(
It was such a bummer, I'd been really looking forward to that. Ahh, yes, I remember that salad, too! :sad2:

I love the dating advice you got from the characters.
They really know what's up.

Sorry the Le Cellier meal had some issues. You are paying way too much there for mediocre anything.
Exactly! To be fair, I probably should have skipped the mostly CHEESE meal I had all around :laughing: Maybe the soup or the mac and cheese next time :rolleyes1

We love Soarin and LwtL, I have never tried Sunshine Seasons which is so odd because we have been in that building so many times, maybe one day!
You must try Sunshine Seasons - it's such a great selection of fresh foods at counter service prices :thumbsup2

Yummy cronut, love the character pictures!
Yummy, indeed. Character interactions are the best!

The pretzel bread is so good! I would eat it at every meal if I could lol!
Agreed! :thumbsup2

This rider swap thing is intriguing...does it only work with little kids lol? Glad you go to go and also with Su-Lynn and Steve - how awesome!
Right?!

Funny I just watched this on our last trip for the first time in like 20 years lol. It's good, and I'm glad that they allude to the fact that a lot of people think we in Canada all live in Igloos lol!
HAHAHA yeah, I love the intro to that movie, with the snow and the stereotypes... glad Martin Short is there to correct them, though :laughing:

That looks so good! I know so many people lately who've gone to Le Cellier, and talked about how good it was. I definitely think we need to try it soon.
Yes, you really must! Just one word of advice - from one cheese lover to the next - maybe just get one cheese-heavy dish there, instead of the soup AND the lobster mac and cheese - even for me, that was a bit much on the stomach :rotfl: Hope you had a great trip, was following you on IG and can't wait to read all about it! :thumbsup2

But first… I was on the prowl for my beloved muesli which I discovered they did not have anymore! :headache: I settled for overnight oats with blueberries and walnuts instead and they were pretty good, but definitely not quite on the level as the muesli.

What! They got rid of the muesli?! Well, I guess overnight oats is similar but they got rid of a lot of things at Sunshine Seasons (RIP croissant bread pudding).

Ooh was there a PP photographer in front of Soarin' with the fisheye lens? CS would have been all over that had she noticed one!

I was able to see the new movie in January, but was again just blown away by it. Soarin has been one of my favorites since my first ride, and I just never tire of it.

Sigh it really is an amazing ride...

No visit to the Land would be complete without LWTL so off I went in that direction, or at least so my notes claim. But guys… I have no photographic proof this happened so I sincerely question this note. You know me, I can’t ride that thing without 18,207 pictures. So, LWTL may or may not have actually occurred. :sad2:

What!?! Steve claims you must not have gone on the ride. :laughing:

The overnight oats had only somewhat filled me up and they were the first thing I’d eaten that day so I decided to grab… a cronut to hold me over until my late lunch ADR. This baby needs no description. It was heavenly.

Ooh looks delicious!!!
_goofy-jpg.270005

Goofy lectured me to stay away from Kylo Ren.

Hahaha that's so cute! Yes stay away from the immature "bad boy" with daddy issues.

_minnie-jpg.270007

And Minnie told me to just follow my heart. I think she was just swoonin' over seeing her boy on my shirt. You know how she is. :cutie:

I looooove this picture!!

After that, I headed straight for Figment, then Seas with Nemo and Friends, and then off to Test Track. Su-Lynn and Steve saved me here because I never get Test Track FPs because I’d never give up my beloved Soarin. But I do love me some TT so I typically end up waiting in the Single Rider line. They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:

YAY!!! I'm so happy you were able to use the passes!!! We never got to ride TT once during that trip so I'm glad you got to ride it!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I tried to hit up Mission Space because I was curious about the new green version but the wait was at 50 minutes and… nope. Instead, MDE told me SE was only at 10 minutes so I headed in that direction.

Wow that's crazy. the green size was always very short compared to orange Hope you got to ride it though as I really enjoy the new ride video on Green.

Of course the soup was delish, but the lobster mac was only just okay to me, though I did make a valiant effort and did some significant damage on it anyway. :laughing: The pretzel bread was my favorite bread selection by far. Though my server was very nice, he was a bit too efficient and I felt a tad rushed, which a solo diner can already feel a bit sensitive about anyway. Despite the mediocre lobster mac and a somewhat rushed meal, I still enjoyed my time here and am glad I went.

I think the best things there are the soup and the pretzel bread!!!
the filet tends to be a little overcooked IMO but I know that is popular there.

I rode Soarin one more time before heading out of the park… I had a certain flight I just had to get to before the night was over. :hyper:

Up Next: Animal Kingdom fun!

OOOOh I wonder what this is...:rolleyes1

What! They got rid of the muesli?! Well, I guess overnight oats is similar but they got rid of a lot of things at Sunshine Seasons (RIP croissant bread pudding).
I know!!! They really have changed things up a lot.

Ooh was there a PP photographer in front of Soarin' with the fisheye lens? CS would have been all over that had she noticed one!
Yep! :thumbsup2

What!?! Steve claims you must not have gone on the ride. :laughing:
:rotfl: And I tend to think Steve is right!

Hahaha that's so cute! Yes stay away from the immature "bad boy" with daddy issues.
:rotfl2:

I looooove this picture!!
Thank you! :goodvibes

YAY!!! I'm so happy you were able to use the passes!!! We never got to ride TT once during that trip so I'm glad you got to ride it!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Thank you so much again! And bummer you weren't able to ride yourselves.

Wow that's crazy. the green size was always very short compared to orange Hope you got to ride it though as I really enjoy the new ride video on Green.
Right?! And I wasn't able to get back to try again. I don't know what happened this trip but there was SO much I didn't do that I expected I would. It just goes by too fast! :sad2:

OOOOh I wonder what this is...:rolleyes1
;)

You got a great amount of rides in! awesome!!

I have yet to try a cronut. I need to remedy that soon.

I love Le Cellier. The pretzel bread is my FAVORITE! That soup too! YUMM!!!!

OMG I think I know what ride is up next... Soarin on steroids??? SO GOOD!!!!! :)

You got a great amount of rides in! awesome!!
I really did! :thumbsup2

I have yet to try a cronut. I need to remedy that soon.
You must remedy this asap! ::yes::

I love Le Cellier. The pretzel bread is my FAVORITE! That soup too! YUMM!!!!
Isn't it amazing!!! :cloud9:

OMG I think I know what ride is up next... Soarin on steroids??? SO GOOD!!!!! :)
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! ;)

I'm here! Sorry, I've been pretty inactive lately here, but I'm glad I found you!

I had no idea that Pirates had a Photopass now (again, not active enough on the DIS, haha).

Love that you had dinner with Su-Lynn and Steve...I briefly contemplated trying to do a solo trip just to crash that dinner, haha.

I told Dug about the I Love You / I Know shirts and he said his (Orlando-based) co-worker and her husband have those and wear them to the parks (heck, maybe you saw them?)

Looking forward to more!

I'm here! Sorry, I've been pretty inactive lately here, but I'm glad I found you!
Yay!!! Glad you're here now :goodvibes

I had no idea that Pirates had a Photopass now (again, not active enough on the DIS, haha).
It's there, and it's in a really random spot (obviously) :laughing:

I briefly contemplated trying to do a solo trip just to crash that dinner, haha.
We would have loved that!!!

I told Dug about the I Love You / I Know shirts and he said his (Orlando-based) co-worker and her husband have those and wear them to the parks (heck, maybe you saw them?
Who knows, maybe it was them! :thumbsup2

Sorry for the dealyed responses, I haven't been getting notifications! What a jam packed Epcot morning! I always seem to spend the most time in that park and yet I also ride the least. DH doesn't come on all my trips and as a result has yet to ride TT or Soarin, that's how little we accomplish in FW. So it's great to read about others getting stuff done and still being able to hit up a TS restaurant in WS.

What a jam packed Epcot morning! I always seem to spend the most time in that park and yet I also ride the least.
It really was! And yet I still manage to leave Disney each trip thinking I didn't pack enough in :laughing: Epcot is definitely where I spend most of my park time, too ::yes::

So it's great to read about others getting stuff done and still being able to hit up a TS restaurant in WS.
:thumbsup2 More jam-packed days coming up soon!

Sunday, August 20: Part 3 or the Night I Rode a Banshee
Hello, friends! Yikes, has it really been over two weeks since my last update? :crazy2: I'll blame school. And family. Not that I'd have it any other way, well the part about my family at least. At this point, I'm kinda wishing school was over! :laughing: Only 5 more classes after this semester though!

Anyway, onward!

When last we left off, I'd departed Epcot around 5:15 bound for Animal Kingdom! On the bus over, I snagged a RoL FP for 8:45pm. At this point, the skies were looking pretty ominous and by 6pm there was a 90% chance of rain (this is important for later, otherwise I wouldn't bother boring you with the weather report ;)). I did race through Pandora a bit but didn't really take pictures because of the rain. Instead, I headed to a favorite AK ride - Dinosaur! It was listed at 15 minutes but I just walked right on. :thumbsup2

Disney August 2017 102.jpg

Disney August 2017 103.jpg

Disney August 2017 104.jpg

And...

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20170820_8086852603 - Copy.jpg

... you're welcome.

By the time I exited the ride, the rain had picked up so I ducked under the Dino in Dinoland and pondered my plan. I ultimately decided to cancel my RoL FP and instead head for ITTBAB, hoping the weather might improve. After remembering to take my belongings (I had no small grubs, after all, to take by their grubby little hands), I made my way out of the theater and headed back to Pandora.

Nav'i River was listed at 45 minutes so I settled in for the wait, noticing the queue was pretty darn cool.

Disney August 2017 105.jpg

The river ride itself was very pretty and really neat to see. I can't imagine the time, thought, and effort that went into every little detail (like everything Disney does).

Disney August 2017 107.jpg

Disney August 2017 109.jpg

That said, it's probably a ride I only need to do every couple trips. By this time, I was both hungry and curious to check out Satu'li Canteen.

But first... these... :cloud9:

Disney August 2017 111.jpg

Disney August 2017 113.jpg

*Continued in next post*

*Continued from previous post*

I was really excited to try this place and was quite intrigued by the cheeseburger pods, so I gave these suckers a whirl.

Disney August 2017 114.jpg

Disney August 2017 116.jpg

Aren't they pretty!? The bun is pretty good but I found it to be a bit... too... bun-y? Meaning there wasn't enough filling and therefore seemed to be pretty dry to me. And the filling was just okay, nothing spectacular. However, I was one of the final guests of the evening and I wonder if it wasn't just a bit dried out by that point? The chips, however, were excellent! Anywho...

From there I sauntered up to the FoP FP queue and redeemed my entry for the MOST AMAZING RIDE EVER OMG, courtesy of @ChunkyMonkey! (thanks again, Su-Lynn!!!) I had to ride again. And no I didn't care one bit that the wait time was listed at 90 minutes. Heck, I would have waited far longer to ride this again. This second ride was my first in the standby queue and holy cow is the queue an attraction in and of itself.

Disney August 2017 117.jpg

Disney August 2017 118.jpg

Disney August 2017 119.jpg

Disney August 2017 120.jpg

Disney August 2017 121.jpg

Disney August 2017 122.jpg

Disney August 2017 123.jpg

I made fast friends with two Universal CMs which made the wait time feel like nothing. When the FoP CM asks how many are in your group, one of the girls said "three" and then turned to me and said "Oh, I hope that's okay that we included you in our group?!" Of course! A benefit of going solo is that you can make friends with anyone! So my party of three had an equally fabulous ride as my solo ride a short time before. I honestly cannot say enough about this ride. And no description will begin to do it justice. It's just one of those rides you have to see to believe. I wouldn't think twice about waiting 2 hours for it if I had to.

At this point I was especially happy that I'd met my Universal pals as I was pretty confused about how to get out of the park - in the dark - from a place I wasn't at all used to. It was old hat for them by now.Disney August 2017 124.jpg

A bus was already at my stop at 10pm so off to the Movies I went (the resort... not GMR :(). Looking at you @ariane37 (I know you feel my pain).

At this point I contemplated my plan for the next day. Previously, I'd planned to hit up AK first thing in the morning. But... I was so happy with how my night went, I wasn't sure at this point it made sense to head back for EMH the very next morning. Instead, I decided I'd "sleep in" and head for park opening at Epcot. :thumbsup2

Up Next: A Total Eclipse of the Heart!

Wow what a great time at AK despite the rain! I love making friends in line or at a lounge :rolleyes1 or whatever. It's always nice to have kind folks around enjoying their trips too.

FOP really is amazing. I can't wait to ride it again (this time with the patch) so that I can fully enjoy it. And Satuli looks really appealing - sounds like the pods might not be the way to go, but holy cow the ambiance and the view!

Love love love your dinosaur photo! Great updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter