Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Oh, and then I had two flights to catch on Monday before I could be met by my mom at the airport to be taken directly to Urgent Care. Turns out I had a pretty intense case of vertigo
Oh NO!!!! I am so sorry to hear that! Vertigo is rough! I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering why the photos kind of dropped off of facebook. :(

Hi, friends! I'm back from my trip and I honestly don't even know where to begin. :faint: I'll start with the good news... I had an awesome arrival night spent with @SleepingRebecca where we met up for some character interactions, dinner at Garden Grill, and some shopping before she had to catch her flight. Day #2 and #3 were spent with my dad and we had such a great time! Lots of happy memories together :goodvibes I also had a fabulous time at the Star Wars Dessert Party and somehow managed not to eat my weight in desserts (what a shame I passed up that opportunity! :confused3).
I am glad your first three days were good, love that you and your Dad had such a nice time together!

by Friday night I cancelled my KTTK tour for Saturday morning, by Saturday I was barely eating and getting increasingly dizzy, and by Sunday, I didn't leave the room and spent most of the day running from the bed to the bathroom. I can't remember ever feeling as miserable as I did last Sunday. Oh, and then I had two flights to catch on Monday before I could be met by my mom at the airport to be taken directly to Urgent Care. Turns out I had a pretty intense case of vertigo that is still working its way out of my system (and it better work itself out faster because my prescription runs out tomorrow :scared1:
Oh Tracy!!! I am so sorry to hear this! What a horrible experience for you. You totally need a trip do-over, in August...right???

@SleepingRebecca and I at Epcot on arrival day!
What a beautiful picture of you both.

My dad and I at MK on Day #2! You can't see, but I was bedecked in all my Star Wars splendor in preparation for my Dessert Party later that night. That's a BB-8 hair bow you see atop my head :snooty:
Love, love, love this picture of you and your Dad!

Me and my BFF PeopleMover on Day #3! I could ride this thing all day everyday. :cloud9:
You and me both! I honestly wouldn't care what else I did at MK as long as I could ride the People Mover!

Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.:hug:

Ugh Tracy I'm so sorry to hear that :( My oldest stepson is dealing with vertigo now, it's horrible and honestly I had no idea how bad it could be until he started going through this. I do hope it's on it's way out.....
At least your first few days were good, very happy you got quality time with your dad :hug:

Sorry to hear that you got so sick on your trip, and glad you are feeling better. Must have been a big disappointment to miss KTTK; hopefully you'll be able to go during a future trip. If you do a mini TR/recap, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Star Wars dessert party. Hope you're getting some good rest this weekend and are back to 100% soon.

Uh, oh......
A little subtle foreshadowing... :rolleyes1

Glad at least those days were so great! :)
Agreed! :thumbsup2

Just saw today... first... storm? Hurricane? Whichever.... not good.
Not good at all :sad2:

Oh, no. :( Poor Tracy.
Thank you :hug:

Do you know what brought it on? You poor thing. :(
I really don't know? One too many free-falls on ToT? Oddly enough, I actually took off my scopalomine patch Friday because I thought it might have been messing with me... but an anti-nausea patch was probably not the worst thing to have kept on, in hindsight :rolleyes1

You need another hug. Here: :hug:
Thank you! :goodvibes I can always count on you!

Nice photo of two pretty ladies. :)
Oh, shucks :blush:

You both look pretty darned happy. :)
We were... it was the calm before the storm... um, literally and figuratively :rolleyes1

Of course it is.
::yes::

While I'll never complain about seeing your smiling face, you're supposed to get the classic foot shot!
Wrong end!
Oh yeah... I got those too! It was so rare I was smiling on this trip though... thought I'd document that :laughing:

Ooops! Maybe considering your next few days of running to the bathroom, I shouldn't mention "ends".
Know your audience, pkondz! :rotfl:

Hope you are feeling better! I was at WDW the 14th through the 20th, so I can attest to the rainy weather.
Thank you! Darn, wish I'd known you were there the same days!

Oh NO!!!! I am so sorry to hear that! Vertigo is rough! I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering why the photos kind of dropped off of facebook. :(
Thank you so much! Yep... this explains that now, huh? :laughing:

I am glad your first three days were good, love that you and your Dad had such a nice time together!
Thanks, Susan :goodvibes

Oh Tracy!!! I am so sorry to hear this! What a horrible experience for you. You totally need a trip do-over, in August...right???
I agree ::yes::

What a beautiful picture of you both.
Thank you! We really had a great time. Dismeets are the best, aren't they?! ;)

Love, love, love this picture of you and your Dad!
Thanks! :thumbsup2

You and me both! I honestly wouldn't care what else I did at MK as long as I could ride the People Mover!
Exactly! :cloud9:

Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.:hug:
Thanks so much!

Ugh Tracy I'm so sorry to hear that :( My oldest stepson is dealing with vertigo now, it's horrible and honestly I had no idea how bad it could be until he started going through this. I do hope it's on it's way out.....
Thank you, Ariane! Ugh, so sorry to hear your stepson is dealing with this, too. Any idea what brought his on?

At least your first few days were good, very happy you got quality time with your dad :hug:
Yes, I'm thankful for that :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear that you got so sick on your trip, and glad you are feeling better. Must have been a big disappointment to miss KTTK; hopefully you'll be able to go during a future trip. If you do a mini TR/recap, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Star Wars dessert party.
Thank you, Greg. I honestly was crying when I made the call to cancel the KTTK :sad1: I will surely do a write-up on the dessert party!

Hope you're getting some good rest this weekend and are back to 100% soon.
Thank you! :goodvibes

A little subtle foreshadowing... :rolleyes1

Just a little.

Thank you :hug:

You are very welcome.

I really don't know? One too many free-falls on ToT? Oddly enough, I actually took off my scopalomine patch Friday because I thought it might have been messing with me... but an anti-nausea patch was probably not the worst thing to have kept on, in hindsight :rolleyes1

Oh dear.... :sad2:

Thank you! :goodvibes I can always count on you!

Yes you can! :)

We were... it was the calm before the storm... um, literally and figuratively :rolleyes1

Whoops! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... I got those too! It was so rare I was smiling on this trip though... thought I'd document that :laughing:

Okay, then you get a free pass!

Know your audience, pkondz! :rotfl:

:laughing:

So sorry to hear your trip was so rough, but glad to hear you got a few decent days in. Hope you are feeling better.

Oh no, I'm so sorry and I hope you feel better soon! It's really awful to get sick on vacation, especially so early into the trip. I got the flu like 1 day into a trip once (but it got really bad a couple days in) and it was the most miserable thing. We still did a lot and I'm glad we didn't leave in retrospect, but at the time I was really disappointed and I don't remember that trip as fondly as others.

Wow Tracy, so sorry to hear that you were sick for the second half of your trip. You must have been so disappointed. I'm glad that you had a great first 3 days at least with a dismeet and your dad.

I hope you're fully recovered and that it's not long before you start feeling the itch to get another spreadsheet going! ::MickeyMo

Wow, sorry to hear you were sick. Its bad enough getting sick, but getting sick away from home is the worst.

Glad you're on the mend...it'll just make you look forward more to the next trip!

Oh Tracy :( I'm so sorry to hear the trip took such a bad turn. I'm glad you could enjoy the first few days, but I can't imagine what a bummer it was to miss out on the last half of the trip (and have to fly home while feeling so crummy). I hope you feel 100% better soon :hug:

Hi Tracy, so sorry to hear about the vertigo, ugh! That is miserable from what I hear. I know several people who have had this and it was not good.

I’m sorry you had to cancel your KTTKT bummer! I was hearing about all the rain and thinking about you down there:umbrella:
The first couple days look fun, love your pictures with your Dis friend, Dad, and of course the awesome PM!

If you feel up to it, I would love to read a recap or TR about the trip.

So sorry to hear your trip was so rough, but glad to hear you got a few decent days in. Hope you are feeling better.
Thank you so much, Kari! :goodvibes I'm feeling a LOT better than last week - about 80% normal again... whatever that means ;)

Oh no, I'm so sorry and I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you, Raeven! :goodvibes

It's really awful to get sick on vacation, especially so early into the trip. I got the flu like 1 day into a trip once (but it got really bad a couple days in) and it was the most miserable thing. We still did a lot and I'm glad we didn't leave in retrospect, but at the time I was really disappointed and I don't remember that trip as fondly as others.
It really is the worst to be sick on vacation - not only are you away from your own bed, but you're wasting precious vacation time! (and money!)

Wow Tracy, so sorry to hear that you were sick for the second half of your trip. You must have been so disappointed.
Thank you so much - it really was such a disappointment. We spend so much time anticipating our trips, it's so crummy when things like this happen.

'm glad that you had a great first 3 days at least with a dismeet and your dad.
Yes! I was very grateful for these things :goodvibes

I hope you're fully recovered and that it's not long before you start feeling the itch to get another spreadsheet going! ::MickeyMo
Thank you so much! :goodvibes I'm hoping for the same ;)

Wow, sorry to hear you were sick. Its bad enough getting sick, but getting sick away from home is the worst.
Thank you! Yes, all you want is your own bed... and to not be wasting vacation time and money :laughing:

Glad you're on the mend...it'll just make you look forward more to the next trip!
That's right! Thank you :goodvibes

Oh Tracy :( I'm so sorry to hear the trip took such a bad turn
Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm glad you could enjoy the first few days, but I can't imagine what a bummer it was to miss out on the last half of the trip (and have to fly home while feeling so crummy)
Thank goodness for those first few days! :thumbsup2 Those saved the trip from being a total disaster :laughing:

Hi Tracy, so sorry to hear about the vertigo,
Thank you!

I’m sorry you had to cancel your KTTKT bummer!
This was SUCH a bummer! I confess I was crying when I made the call. In my defense, I was also feeling pretty terrible at the time. :laughing:

I was hearing about all the rain and thinking about you down ther
Thank you! :laughing:

he first couple days look fun, love your pictures with your Dis friend, Dad, and of course the awesome PM!
The first couple days were great, and I'm forever grateful for those!

Ooooooh, sorry that you had such a rough end to your trip!
Thank you! :goodvibes As if end-of-the-trips aren't bad enough :laughing:

was lucky that a few trips ago I was only down for the last day and my travel day- I try to remember it as an involuntary "cleanse"..
:scared1: Oh dear!

Sounds like things started out awesome! So sad you had to miss your KTTK tour you were so excited for :( My husband recently suffered his first case of vertigo. It came on suddenly and without warning. I never realized how awful it is. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!!

Oh no ! Sorry you got so sick . Not the way you want to spend your vacation. Hope you are back to normal soon

So sad you had to miss your KTTK tour you were so excited for
Thank you, Jackie! It was such a heartbreak.

My husband recently suffered his first case of vertigo. It came on suddenly and without warning. I never realized how awful it is. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!!
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. It's truly miserable. I'm doing much better now, thank you! :goodvibes

Oh no ! Sorry you got so sick . Not the way you want to spend your vacation.
Nope, not at all! :sad2:

Hope you are back to normal soon
Thank you! I'm getting close to normal again! :thumbsup2

Welcome back! Oh no I can't believe you had vertigo! Did you wear your scolpamine (sp?) patch this time too?
Sorry the latter half of your trip was so rough. That sucks you had to cancel KTTW. :(
I'm glad you're feeling better though. Maybe you can just report on the best part of the trip?
It sounds like a great 3 first days though, and I'd love to hear about the SW Dessert party and your outfit sounds super cute! (i.e. we need to see a full length picture.)

Oh no I can't believe you had vertigo! Did you wear your scolpamine (sp?) patch this time too?
Sorry the latter half of your trip was so rough. That sucks you had to cancel KTTW. :(
Yep, I even wore the scopolamine! I ended up taking it off because I wasn't sure if it was making things worse, but that probably wasn't the best idea in hindsight, especially for the flights home :sad2: Canceling KTTK was awful! I have to admit I was a bit emotional doing that, equal parts emotional and physical pain :headache: :laughing:

I'm glad you're feeling better though. Maybe you can just report on the best part of the trip?
Thank you! :goodvibes That's a great idea :thumbsup2

It sounds like a great 3 first days though, and I'd love to hear about the SW Dessert party and your outfit sounds super cute! (i.e. we need to see a full length picture.)
It was a great start to the trip at least! Maybe the Dessert Party is where I can start with a "best of" recap :scratchin

I also had a fabulous time at the Star Wars Dessert Party and somehow managed not to eat my weight in desserts (what a shame I passed up that opportunity! :confused3).

Oh man! Sounds like fun! But no eating your weight in desserts? Dessert party: you're not doing it right.

Turns out I had a pretty intense case of vertigo that is still working its way out of my system (and it better work itself out faster because my prescription runs out tomorrow :scared1:). I am feeling better and eventually made it back to work yesterday for a full day, but it hasn't been the best or easiest week! :sad2:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this, Tracy!! :sad1: I've been behind around here, so I hope that by now you're feeling much more like yourself. That's rough. I can only imagine how miserable you were. But I do understand to an extent. The very first time I started getting really ill before my brain condition was diagnosed, it was on a Disney trip with my mom. We had 10 days there, and I did fine the first half of the trip, then spend most of the second half in bed. My mom kept trying to get me out and about so I could enjoy what I could of the vacation, but I wouldn't be able to manage it, or I'd be out for an hour and then head right back to bed for the rest of the day. It's never good to be sick, but it's so much more frustrating and heartbreaking when you're supposed to be doing all kinds of fun things at the happiest place on earth!

Maybe you could just report the first three fun days? I definitely understand not wanting to relive that trip though! The few pictures you shared looked great :)

img_1659-jpg.325051

Me and my BFF PeopleMover on Day #3! I could ride this thing all day everyday. :cloud9:

I'm with you on that one!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!