Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

I'm always happy to see a back end.
The funny thing about that line, pkondz... I immediately thought to myself "I wonder how pkondz will respond to that one" :rotfl2:You never disappoint!

Yes! I think it's not just that we all share a love for the same thing, but that particular thing makes people happy, so... we get to meet happy people
Yes! Very true ::yes::

Did you have a crazed look in your eyes or something? Hello! Free FP!
Oh, that. Yeah, "crazed look" is kinda my resting face :rotfl:

Cute shoes though.
Thanks! And not even Star Wars themed :laughing:

Ya like 'em tall and hairy, huh? You need a tall hipster apparently.
Hey, I'll take any advice I can get. I'll have to see if "hairy hipster with height" is a category on the online dating portals :rolleyes1

Do not leave without trying the strawberry shortcake.
I promise I won't! :thumbsup2

Honestly? In a word?

YES!!!
:hug::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

This sounds.... labour intensive. Don't pull a muscle just before your trip!
I wish I could report the dock was successful... but my mom postponed until tomorrow. So at least if I pull a muscle tomorrow, it'll be right before I sit on an airplane/airport for 6 hours :faint:

Ugh. Well... if you're going to be in the water, then I suppose it doesn't matter too much.
That was my reasoning!

:laughing: You really do have to cite, don't you!
:thumbsup2 ::yes::

In some very exciting news, I'm spending my arrival afternoon/evening with @SleepingRebecca, who will be there on her final evening before heading back home. I am SO excited for this! After some brainstorming, we decided to meet for a late lunch/early dinner at Garden Grill. I've never been here before! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
What a great way to begin your trip! Steve and I started with a DISMeet last Saturday and it was so much fun (as they always are). We haven't done lunch or dinner at GG in quite awhile but we love breakfast and the characters are always awesome. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

What a great way to begin your trip!
It was a great surprise that we could make this meet happen!

Steve and I started with a DISMeet last Saturday and it was so much fun (as they always are).
Yes, they sure are :goodvibes

We haven't done lunch or dinner at GG in quite awhile but we love breakfast and the characters are always awesome.
I haven't seen as many reviews of GG lunch and dinner (usually breakfast) so I'm anxious to check it out! :thumbsup2

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I’m so excited for you. Garden Grill is so fun, I hope you two enjoy it. I wore my May The Force be with you shirt to work on May 4th. Everyone knows I love Disney and Star Wars by now at my work:rotfl:Patients get a kick out of my Disney clothes. Have a wonderful trip, I sure hope the weather is awesome and the parks are not to crowded:cheer2:

I will be waiting to hear all about it when you return!

I’m so excited for you. Garden Grill is so fun, I hope you two enjoy it.
It's always so much fun trying new things at Disney! :thumbsup2

I wore my May The Force be with you shirt to work on May 4th. Everyone knows I love Disney and Star Wars by now at my work:rotfl:Patients get a kick out of my Disney clothes.
Yay! That's awesome!!!

Have a wonderful trip, I sure hope the weather is awesome and the parks are not to crowded:cheer2:
Thanks so much, Caroline!!! :goodvibes And a very Happy Mother's Day to you!!! :hug:

The funny thing about that line, pkondz... I immediately thought to myself "I wonder how pkondz will respond to that one" :rotfl2:You never disappoint!

Well, we can't have that, now, can we?

Oh, that. Yeah, "crazed look" is kinda my resting face :rotfl:

RBF. Resting Bonkers Face.

Thanks! And not even Star Wars themed :laughing:

How is that even possible!!!

Wait. Princess Leia wore those in episode VI, right?

Hey, I'll take any advice I can get. I'll have to see if "hairy hipster with height" is a category on the online dating portals :rolleyes1

Of course it is. I mean... it has to be, doesn't it?

I wish I could report the dock was successful... but my mom postponed until tomorrow. So at least if I pull a muscle tomorrow, it'll be right before I sit on an airplane/airport for 6 hours :faint:

So.... good luck today then!
And.... YOU LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!

Tracy, you are going to Disney tomorrow!!!!!!!!

I was beyond grateful for this generosity and made great use of these passes! And @suse66 and I used a couple on FEA :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, parts of my TR that were never realized due to my technology mishaps would have included my very happy meetings with Susan. Like all Dismeets I've had, those meets further convinced me that us Disers are some of the coolest, most amazing people ever ::yes:: Susan, it was such a pleasure meeting up with you and I look forward to the day our trips overlap again :goodvibes
Awww thanks! It was so nice to meet you too and I am sure we will meet up again. :)

In some very exciting news, I'm spending my arrival afternoon/evening with @SleepingRebecca, who will be there on her final evening before heading back home. I am SO excited for this! After some brainstorming, we decided to meet for a late lunch/early dinner at Garden Grill. I've never been here before! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
That sounds like so much fun and what a great way to start your trip!

I'm so excited for my trip and cannot wait to share it all with you once I return (... after having backed everything up so as not to have a repeat of the last technology disaster). My goal is to get everything written up as soon as I get back since it'll be another 3 weeks until I start my summer semester and insanity ensues.
I know you will have the BEST time and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Well, we can't have that, now, can we?
No, we can't! :snooty:

RBF. Resting Bonkers Face.
That's me! :rotfl:

How is that even possible!!!

Wait. Princess Leia wore those in episode VI, right?
Yes! Phew! Thanks for saving me on that one! :thumbsup2

Of course it is. I mean... it has to be, doesn't it?
It's 2018. Of course it is. ::yes::

So.... good luck today then!
Your luck paid off! It was the smoothest dock and lift entry we've experienced to date! :thumbsup2

And.... YOU LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!
I do!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Enjoy your day today! And your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
Thank you! Can't wait to share it!

Happy Mother's Day to you! :goodvibes

Tracy, you are going to Disney tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Yes!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: So hard to believe!

Awww thanks! It was so nice to meet you too and I am sure we will meet up again. :)
Thank you, Susan :goodvibes I'm going to plan on our paths crossing again for sure!

That sounds like so much fun and what a great way to start your trip!
I'm very excited about it! Except that Rebecca texted me just now to warn me to pack a poncho... :faint:

I know you will have the BEST time and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you!!! I won't let a little rain dampen my spirits ;)

Happy Mother's Day to you, Susan!!! :goodvibes

Have an amazing trip!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!!! And Happy Mother's Day!!! :goodvibes

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thanks so much!!! I'm excited to share it all upon my return :thumbsup2

Have a safe flight today and enjoy Epcot, F&G, and Illuminations! I followed your Insta in hopes that you'll be posting fun WDW photos this week :)

Hey, everyone! Boy am I glad to see the back end of this week... and not just because I leave for my trip on Monday (but mostly that ;)).
EEEEEP!!! Today's the day!!! :)

I am SO excited for this! After some brainstorming, we decided to meet for a late lunch/early dinner at Garden Grill. I've never been here before! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Oooohh, have so much fun!!! We love the character interaction here, so what a fun way to begin your trip!!! Have a great time, Tracy! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Have a great trip!
Thank you, Raeven :goodvibes

Have a safe flight today and enjoy Epcot, F&G, and Illuminations
Thank you! :goodvibes

I followed your Insta in hopes that you'll be posting fun WDW photos this week :)
Awesome! :thumbsup2

Oooohh, have so much fun!!! We love the character interaction here, so what a fun way to begin your trip!!! Have a great time, Tracy! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back
I loved GG!!! :thumbsup2

Good! So no strained muscles on the flight. :)
Thankfully strained muscles were not one of my ailments last week... :rolleyes1

Have a wonderful trip!!! :flower1:
Thank you! :goodvibes

Hi, friends! I'm back from my trip and I honestly don't even know where to begin. :faint: I'll start with the good news... I had an awesome arrival night spent with @SleepingRebecca where we met up for some character interactions, dinner at Garden Grill, and some shopping before she had to catch her flight. Day #2 and #3 were spent with my dad and we had such a great time! Lots of happy memories together :goodvibes I also had a fabulous time at the Star Wars Dessert Party and somehow managed not to eat my weight in desserts (what a shame I passed up that opportunity! :confused3).

But soon after those incredible days... things started to turn ugly. I should also point out that it did almost nothing but RAIN the whole time I was there. Poor Florida, sounds like things are getting far worse down there now :sad2: So, on Thursday, I started feeling off, by Friday, I thought I had a slight stomach bug or minor food poisoning, by Friday night I cancelled my KTTK tour for Saturday morning, by Saturday I was barely eating and getting increasingly dizzy, and by Sunday, I didn't leave the room and spent most of the day running from the bed to the bathroom. I can't remember ever feeling as miserable as I did last Sunday. Oh, and then I had two flights to catch on Monday before I could be met by my mom at the airport to be taken directly to Urgent Care. Turns out I had a pretty intense case of vertigo that is still working its way out of my system (and it better work itself out faster because my prescription runs out tomorrow :scared1:). I am feeling better and eventually made it back to work yesterday for a full day, but it hasn't been the best or easiest week! :sad2:

I haven't decided whether I'll do a TR, but I'm leaning towards no. Despite the fact that my first three days were some of my best in Disney, even despite the rain, there are many moments of this trip I'd rather not re-live. Maybe I'll do a small recap on this thread or maybe I'll just focus on catching up on all of your TRs ;)

Regardless, thought I'd share a few happy memories before things went sideways... literally :laughing:

IMG_1479.jpg

@SleepingRebecca and I at Epcot on arrival day!

IMG_1508.jpg

My dad and I at MK on Day #2! You can't see, but I was bedecked in all my Star Wars splendor in preparation for my Dessert Party later that night. That's a BB-8 hair bow you see atop my head :snooty:

IMG_1659.jpg

Me and my BFF PeopleMover on Day #3! I could ride this thing all day everyday. :cloud9:

Thankfully strained muscles were not one of my ailments last week... :rolleyes1

Uh, oh......

Hi, friends! I'm back from my trip and I honestly don't even know where to begin. :faint: I'll start with the good news... I had an awesome arrival night spent with @SleepingRebecca where we met up for some character interactions, dinner at Garden Grill, and some shopping before she had to catch her flight. Day #2 and #3 were spent with my dad and we had such a great time! Lots of happy memories together :goodvibes I also had a fabulous time at the Star Wars Dessert Party and somehow managed not to eat my weight in desserts (what a shame I passed up that opportunity! :confused3).

Glad at least those days were so great! :)

But soon after those incredible days... things started to turn ugly. I should also point out that it did almost nothing but RAIN the whole time I was there. Poor Florida, sounds like things are getting far worse down there now :sad2:

Just saw today... first... storm? Hurricane? Whichever.... not good.

So, on Thursday, I started feeling off, by Friday, I thought I had a slight stomach bug or minor food poisoning, by Friday night I cancelled my KTTK tour for Saturday morning, by Saturday I was barely eating and getting increasingly dizzy, and by Sunday, I didn't leave the room and spent most of the day running from the bed to the bathroom. I can't remember ever feeling as miserable as I did last Sunday.

Oh, no. :( Poor Tracy.

Oh, and then I had two flights to catch on Monday before I could be met by my mom at the airport to be taken directly to Urgent Care. Turns out I had a pretty intense case of vertigo that is still working its way out of my system

Do you know what brought it on? You poor thing. :(

I am feeling better and eventually made it back to work yesterday for a full day, but it hasn't been the best or easiest week! :sad2:

:hug: No, I suppose not.

there are many moments of this trip I'd rather not re-live.

You need another hug. Here: :hug:

img_1479-jpg.325049

Nice photo of two pretty ladies. :)

You both look pretty darned happy. :)

That's a BB-8 hair bow you see atop my head :snooty:

Of course it is.

img_1659-jpg.325051

Me and my BFF PeopleMover on Day #3! I could ride this thing all day everyday. :cloud9:

While I'll never complain about seeing your smiling face, you're supposed to get the classic foot shot!
Wrong end!

Ooops! Maybe considering your next few days of running to the bathroom, I shouldn't mention "ends".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!