Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Hi Tracy, just jumping in here. When I saw your spreadsheet I felt this surge of excitement that is unique to an approaching WDW trip ,lol. The color scheme reminded me of the one my DD made up for our last trip. Just a quick dejavu moment of elation :banana: followed by a "wait, that's not yours" crash. :crutches:

I admit that I'm just a TINY bit jealous but happy for you and hope you have a great time. I think May is my favorite time to go. I'm interested in what you think of the KTTK tour (always plan on taking it, but never pull the trigger and book it).

I've never done a solo trip but I've been giving it some thought, so I'll be following along if it's ok with you.

Hi Tracey! I am very late to the party but I rhave read all of your TR updates!
Hi Alison! So happy you're here!!!

I enjoyed reading about your August 2017 TR, and I'm really sorry about your pictures:sad1:
Thank you so much! Ugh, what a bummer the picture fiasco was... I'll be sure to back them up after this trip to avoid a repeat heartache!

Your January trip looked really fun with your family!
It really was! :goodvibes

Yay for a trip thats so soon! I am looking forward to hearing about the Keys to the Kingdom and The SW Dessert Party! :goodvibes
I cannot wait to write up a new TR upon my return! I'll put the link in this TR/PTR when I get it up and running. :thumbsup2 So happy to have you here!

Hi Tracy, just jumping in here. When I saw your spreadsheet I felt this surge of excitement that is unique to an approaching WDW trip ,lol.
Hello and welcome!!! Isn't the Disney spreadsheet a thing of beauty?! :laughing:

The color scheme reminded me of the one my DD made up for our last trip.
Aww, clearly your daughter and I would get along well! :thumbsup2
Just a quick dejavu moment of elation :banana: followed by a "wait, that's not yours" crash.
Ugh, I hear that! That's how I feel with everyone's plans and TRs! But at least we all get to live vicariously through each other, right? ::yes::

I admit that I'm just a TINY bit jealous but happy for you and hope you have a great time.
Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

I think May is my favorite time to go.
Mine, too!!! That and October-ish when Magic Kingdom is bedazzled in all its Halloween glory :laughing:

I'm interested in what you think of the KTTK tour (always plan on taking it, but never pull the trigger and book it).
I've been wanting to take this tour FOREVER too! It's a bit of a splurge, but something I'm sure I'll remember always :goodvibes And I got a good discount on it with my AP which helped me to justify it :rotfl:

I've never done a solo trip but I've been giving it some thought, so I'll be following along if it's ok with you.
Solo trips are amazing!!! I highly recommend them, especially when you plan a trip so it coincides with other Disers. Unfortunately, this is not one of those trips for me :sad2: But at least I'll have my dad joining for a couple days! The beauty of solo trips is the freedom you have to do whatever you want. I'm a park hopper (you know this already after seeing my spreadsheet! :laughing:) and that doesn't appeal to everyone, so it's a great time to just hop around when the mood strikes ::yes:: Yes! Please follow along on my TR - would love to have you!!! :goodvibes I'll be sure to put the new link in this TR/PTR when I get it up and running :thumbsup2

We're having our Walk-a-Thon at school today--all the kids are in black tshirts with our school name on the front and MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU in giant letters on the back :) I'm not a Star Wars fan typically, but guess I'm celebrating today! :)

Love your spreadsheet! I'm better on Word than Excel, but do something similar for most trips. Going back 12 years, my wife was looking at the honeymoon itinerary I was working on and said "I need you to schedule one relaxation day during the trip". She was then amused/horrified when I sent her the final itinerary and she saw that I had, in fact, SCHEDULED the relaxation day. Not only was it titled "Relaxation Day", but I had actually scheduled hour by hour where we would be relaxing and how :) An hour at this pool, two hours at this beach, etc. What can I say? Some of us are planners ;)

For the trip my daughter and I just did, my itinerary literally went ride by ride every day. At least I don't schedule the rest room breaks, right? :D

I look forward to reading about your next trip.

We're having our Walk-a-Thon at school today--all the kids are in black tshirts with our school name on the front and MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU in giant letters on the back :) I'm not a Star Wars fan typically, but guess I'm celebrating today! :)
This is amazing!!! I love your school! :thumbsup2

Love your spreadsheet!
Thanks, Greg!

I'm better on Word than Excel, but do something similar for most trips. Going back 12 years, my wife was looking at the honeymoon itinerary I was working on and said "I need you to schedule one relaxation day during the trip". She was then amused/horrified when I sent her the final itinerary and she saw that I had, in fact, SCHEDULED the relaxation day. Not only was it titled "Relaxation Day", but I had actually scheduled hour by hour where we would be relaxing and how :) An hour at this pool, two hours at this beach, etc. What can I say? Some of us are planners ;)
YES!!! We are cut from the same cloth, my friend :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

For the trip my daughter and I just did, my itinerary literally went ride by ride every day. At least I don't schedule the rest room breaks, right? :D
:rotfl2:

I look forward to reading about your next trip.
Thank you! I'm excited to get back into TR mode after the photo debacle a couple months ago :sad2: :laughing:

Aww, clearly your daughter and I would get along well! :thumbsup2
Yup,right down to the Minnie outfits. Lol
Mine, too!!! That and October-ish when Magic Kingdom is bedazzled in all its Halloween glory :laughing:
I agree. My last 2 trips have been October and September. MK has such a different feel to it with all the decorations, party, parade, Hallowishes... The only downside is
that it's quickly becoming a super crowded time to go.
I've been wanting to take this tour FOREVER too! It's a bit of a splurge, but something I'm sure I'll remember always :goodvibes And I got a good discount on it with my AP which helped me to justify it :rotfl:
Yeah, every trip we look into booking this tour, then we don't. It's ALL about us losing a block of FOUR precious MK hours. :scared1: Never mind the fact that all four hours are spent touring MK, learning about MK,
and doing things in MK that we otherwise would never be able to do.:scratchin Sometimes I confuse myself.

BTW, love hearing that your Dad will be spending a couple of days with you down there. Other than my first 2 trips taken eons ago, all of my WDW trips have been Dad/Daughter trips.
They are the best.

Yup,right down to the Minnie outfits. Lol
She sounds like a pretty awesome daughter! :thumbsup2

I agree. My last 2 trips have been October and September. MK has such a different feel to it with all the decorations, party, parade, Hallowishes...
It's so true! I love MK in the fall... when I went last August, the decorations were coming out, but it didn't quite feel the same since it was still technically summer! :laughing:

The only downside is
that it's quickly becoming a super crowded time to go.
Yes, that's so true. I remember taking September trips years ago and it was gloriously "empty". Now, there doesn't seem to be any such thing!

Yeah, every trip we look into booking this tour, then we don't. It's ALL about us losing a block of FOUR precious MK hours. :scared1: Never mind the fact that all four hours are spent touring MK, learning about MK,
and doing things in MK that we otherwise would never be able to do.:scratchin Sometimes I confuse myself.
This has been part of my reasoning too! Actually, a BIG part of my reasoning! I guess I confuse myself, too ;)

BTW, love hearing that your Dad will be spending a couple of days with you down there. Other than my first 2 trips taken eons ago, all of my WDW trips have been Dad/Daughter trips.
They are the best.
That's amazing - what a great relationship the two of you must have :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to this time with my dad. Gonna make the most of the two days he joins me :thumbsup2

Hi Tracy!! I can't believe you are only 8 days out from your trip! Are you packed yet?? I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. Even though I don't want to wish away my whole summer, August really can't get here fast enough!

Hi Tracy!! I can't believe you are only 8 days out from your trip!
Hi Susan!!! I know, I can't believe it either! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Are you packed yet??
I have my clothes laid out and all my purchased toiletries, etc. piled up on my dresser. That kinda counts, right? :laughing:

I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.
Thank you! I'm so excited to share them :goodvibes I'm still so heartbroken that my last TR fell apart after my simultaneous computer and phone crash... I hadn't even gotten to our part yet :sad1: I'm thinking of trying to do a "wrap up" of my August TR in my next/final PTR update before I leave... :thumbsup2

Even though I don't want to wish away my whole summer, August really can't get here fast enough!
I know what you mean! It's hard not to though ::yes::

Up early for work
Oh, yes... I'm on of those insane people (hey, hey... no need to agree so quickly!) who voluntarily get up at 5am to work out. It's how I burn off all the calories I consume on my Disney trips :rotfl: Chilling on the Dis as I eat my breakfast before work is the best way I can think of to start the day ;) ::yes::

One week to go!!! Woot!
YES!!!!!!! I'm just a teensy bit excited. No big deal. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Oh, yes... I'm on of those insane people (hey, hey... no need to agree so quickly!) who voluntarily get up at 5am to work out. It's how I burn off all the calories I consume on my Disney trips :rotfl: Chilling on the Dis as I eat my breakfast before work is the best way I can think of to start the day ;) ::yes::

ummm.... er...... uh......

I got up a couple of days ago at 4:30 so I could work out before work.

:rolleyes1

YES!!!!!!! I'm just a teensy bit excited. No big deal. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

:laughing: Good!

Hey, everyone! Boy am I glad to see the back end of this week... and not just because I leave for my trip on Monday (but mostly that ;)).

I wanted to do a brief wrap-up of my now-defunct August TR. Some of you may have been clued in about my "FP story" from my final day via @chunkymonkey 's August TR in which she explained that she'd given me some of her family's leftover FPs. I was beyond grateful for this generosity and made great use of these passes! And @suse66 and I used a couple on FEA :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, parts of my TR that were never realized due to my technology mishaps would have included my very happy meetings with Susan. Like all Dismeets I've had, those meets further convinced me that us Disers are some of the coolest, most amazing people ever ::yes:: Susan, it was such a pleasure meeting up with you and I look forward to the day our trips overlap again :goodvibes

And now, on to the "FP story." As I left Epcot on my final day, I had one lone FP left and was determined to pay it forward. But I knew it'd be hard to unload a single FP on a group or a couple so I tried my best to find someone who "looked single" (incidentally, I spend some of my non-Disney time doing the same :laughing:). I zeroed in on an unsuspecting passerby and approached him with a smile on my face and naivete in my heart. "Excuse me, sir, are you here alone?" He looked at me, puzzled, so I tried again. "Are you here alone, sir? I have a --" but it was no use, the guy got away from me before I could even say "FP that I'd love to give to someone but I only have one so I'm hoping you can use it, have a great day!" I tried my best to find someone else but there's a fine line between wanting to be a good person and wanting to be readmitted back into the parks in the future :rolleyes1 Anyway...

I promised I'd post a picture of my May the 4th outfit but the picture my friend took later that night at the movie theater doesn't highlight much beyond my R2 shirt - in addition to that, I had a BB-8 bow in my hair, "I love you"/"I know" earrings, and a Star Wars charm bracelet. At least I got a picture with Chewie ;) Speaking of... in case any of you remember my suitor profiles from my August TR (might have left off with Kylo?), wonder no more: the Wookiee won! ::yes:: (and now the reason for my TR title has been revealed... you're welcome).

IMG_1329.jpg

In some very exciting news, I'm spending my arrival afternoon/evening with @SleepingRebecca, who will be there on her final evening before heading back home. I am SO excited for this! After some brainstorming, we decided to meet for a late lunch/early dinner at Garden Grill. I've never been here before! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

gardengrill.jpg
(Thanks theadultsideofdisney for the use of your photo! Hey, I'm a librarian, I can't not cite my image source :laughing: Just feel lucky I didn't catalog it for you! @pkondz - are you getting more excited about your potential visit in September?! Clearly I'm painting a picture of an exciting work life :laughing:)

So now it's just two more days until my trip! Tomorrow I'll be helping my mom and stepfather put in their boat dock. Here's a picture of one of my other favorite places in the world - Waneta Lake. The weather is calling for rain... swell.

f.txt.jpg

(Thanks, vrbo.com!)

And on Sunday, my family will be going to brunch in the town I grew up in for Mother's Day - at a lovely hotel on Seneca Lake.

watkins-glen-harbor-hotel.jpg

(Thanks, autosweblog.com)

I'm so excited for my trip and cannot wait to share it all with you once I return (... after having backed everything up so as not to have a repeat of the last technology disaster). My goal is to get everything written up as soon as I get back since it'll be another 3 weeks until I start my summer semester and insanity ensues.

Until then... see ya real soon! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Boy am I glad to see the back end of this week...

I'm always happy to see a back end.

Some of you may have been clued in about my "FP story" from my final day via @chunkymonkey 's August TR in which she explained that she'd given me some of her family's leftover FPs.

::yes::

Like all Dismeets I've had, those meets further convinced me that us Disers are some of the coolest, most amazing people ever ::yes::

Yes! I think it's not just that we all share a love for the same thing, but that particular thing makes people happy, so... we get to meet happy people. :)

I tried my best to find someone who "looked single" (incidentally, I spend some of my non-Disney time doing the same :laughing:).

:lmao:

:hug:

I zeroed in on an unsuspecting passerby and approached him with a smile on my face and naivete in my heart. "Excuse me, sir, are you here alone?" He looked at me, puzzled, so I tried again. "Are you here alone, sir? I have a --" but it was no use, the guy got away from me before I could even say "FP that I'd love to give to someone but I only have one so I'm hoping you can use it, have a great day!"

Did you have a crazed look in your eyes or something? Hello! Free FP!

I promised I'd post a picture of my May the 4th outfit but the picture my friend took later that night at the movie theater doesn't highlight much beyond my R2 shirt - in addition to that, I had a BB-8 bow in my hair, "I love you"/"I know" earrings, and a Star Wars charm bracelet.

Cute shoes though.

in case any of you remember my suitor profiles from my August TR (might have left off with Kylo?), wonder no more: the Wookiee won!

Ya like 'em tall and hairy, huh? You need a tall hipster apparently.

In some very exciting news, I'm spending my arrival afternoon/evening with @SleepingRebecca,

Nice!

I've never been here before! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Do not leave without trying the strawberry shortcake.

Hey, I'm a librarian, I can't not cite my image source :laughing:

:laughing:

Just feel lucky I didn't catalog it for you! @pkondz - are you getting more excited about your potential visit in September?! Clearly I'm painting a picture of an exciting work life :laughing:)

Honestly? In a word?

YES!!!

Tomorrow I'll be helping my mom and stepfather put in their boat dock.

This sounds.... labour intensive. Don't pull a muscle just before your trip!

Here's a picture of one of my other favorite places in the world - Waneta Lake.

pretty

The weather is calling for rain... swell.

Ugh. Well... if you're going to be in the water, then I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

:laughing: You really do have to cite, don't you!

I'm so excited for my trip and cannot wait to share it all with you once I return (... after having backed everything up so as not to have a repeat of the last technology disaster).

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!