Legoland , Seaworld, zoo

tink89

DIS Veteran
We would like to take a trip to San Diego at the end of the Month. We have never been to any park or attraction in San Diego. DD is 14 and looking at what SeaWorld offers it might not seem right for us? Is Lego Land much more for younger kids? What about the zoo? Should we give them a try or sightsee other areas in San Diego?

Any great hotels with resort-like style to stay at?

I’ve only done day trips to the main San Diego zoo. When buying tickets, double check which park you are going to. There’s the main Zoo, and the SD Zoo Safari.
I thought it was fun. It seems to be popular with multiple ages. I went in July, and saw families, couples,adult groups, etc. It’s huge and has a cool variety of animals. I love learning about the conservation aspect of the zoo. You can do the tour on the bus to see a good portion of the animals.

We live in San Diego. Your DD will not enjoy Legoland - it’s definitely for younger kids. My daughter is 14 and loves the Zoo and Sea World. If your DD is into roller coasters, they have some pretty thrilling ones there. You can go to Balboa Park. They have 20+ museums and cultural centers. Some of them are free. You can do an Old Town trolley tour - those are hop on hop off. Old Town is fun place to explore with many good Mexican food places. You can rent a tiny go car and tour the city that way. If it’s warm enough, you can rent lounge chairs at the beach in front of the Hotel del Coronado.

If you have a car, I highly recommend the San Diego's Zoo's Safari Park. It is an amazing place. I agree that a 14 year old is not going to enjoy Legoland. We took DD when she was younger, and it was a one and done for us. Definitely geared for younger kids unless you have a kid that is absolutely Lego obsessed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter