Legoland brick or treat worth going?

edit1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Brick or Treat at Legoland? We have never been and are taking our 3 kids in October, and have a chance to go on a day that they are holding the Brick or Treat event. What I was wondering is, will it get very busy on the Brick or Treat days; if so then is it worth going on a busier day just to experience Brick or Treat, or is it not that great and we should just skip it and go on a less busy day? I'm trying to plan our SoCal trip to hit the themeparks when they're supposed to be less busy, but if Brick or Treat is really great then we may be willing to go on a more crowded day.

If we do go on a Brick or Treat day, do all the kids usually dress up? I'm wondering if I should pack their costumes in the luggage (this being from someone who likes to pack really light!) I don't want them to feel left out because EVERYONE is in a costume!

Thanks in advance for any input!

I have gone to Brick or Treat for the last, I think, 3 years. Previous years there was a member's only party on one of the days with an area set aside for members with shows and cotton candy and crafts..not certain that they have that this year--haven't gotten my Fall newsletter. If they are having it, I would recommend you avoid that particular day as it is far more crowded than a typical weekend in October.
The LegoLand website talks of a new night-time festivity with a scavenger hunt. That is new, so don't know anything about that.
The chance for trick-or-treating is pretty lame in my opinion, but my DD always seems to think it is great. You walk along a little path and collect goodies from 5-6 little themed houses with costumed employees. Candy, an apple, a Lego magazine and 1 legobrick are the things I remember. There was a balloon guy making balloon animals, a few costumed characters offering trinkets and some pretty fun decorations. There is a costume contest. Oh and HUGE lego pumpkin for photo ops!!
I'd say about 60% of the kids were in costume last year, and a few, but very few adults in costume. Each year there have been more kids dressing up, so maybe this year there will be more.
So, is it worth it? I'd say YES since I am such a LegoLand fan, but it isn't all that different than LegoLand normally!!

Did I answer your question? Oh, and costumes tend to be pretty low key affairs since kids will want to crawl and climb at the park, so saw a lot of spider man PJ's and girls in leotards with headband ears!!
See you there!! Amy

Thanks for answering my questions, Amy! Since it doesn't sound like it should be terribly busy, then, I'm thinking that we will probably go to a Brick or Treat day as long as it doesn't coincide with the members' only event. With the coupons that you send out and the info you provide, you sure are a great ambassador for Legoland! We're sure looking forward to going. - Yvonne

Yvonne,
I just got my fall/winter newsletter today for LL. There is no member's only party this year, just the new party at night. October 13,20 and 27. It's new this year, so I can't predict how crowded it will be.
Still even with the new night event, I cannot imagine it will be so painfully crowded as to make your visit not fun!!!
Have a great time!!! Amy

I appreciate the update, Amy. The kids (and me!) are getting really excited -- just a few more weeks now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter