Leaving Kids Asleep In Our Cabin.....Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ship is a city unto itself with more foreigners than you might find in a single hotel.

Yes, because we all know that the probability of something bad happening increases as the number of foreigners increases. What does that have to do with anything?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed the "foreigners" comment. Interesting, hm?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed the "foreigners" comment. Interesting, hm?

Glad u are entertained. The point being, take your 10 yo to Europe and do the same thing. It's not your home town where you know everyone. Let's be Frank here - leaving a minor alone in an unfamiliar environment with no clear way to contact the parents is just not a smart thing to do. Because you "can" and because "nothing bad will happen" doesn't make it right. Of course that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

Glad u are entertained. The point being, take your 10 yo to Europe and do the same thing. It's not your home town where you know everyone. Let's be Frank here - leaving a minor alone in an unfamiliar environment with no clear way to contact the parents is just not a smart thing to do. Because you "can" and because "nothing bad will happen" doesn't make it right. Of course that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

The great thing on the ship is there is a clear way to contact parents or the front desk in an emergency. The wave phones really are not that hard to operate just a lot of people don't remember how to use the 90's type cell phones. Show the kids how to use them and no biggie.

Yes, bc clearly nothing bad ever happens in your hometown. This is a ridiculous discussion. No one is changing anyone's mind. Every parent needs to do what is right by their kids and family. I have zero issue leaving my 10 1/2 yr old twins alone at home or to eat room service on the ship while watching tv for an hour or so bc they have my trust and they have excellent instincts and have proven that to me time and again. Heck, their older sister babysat them at that age. Everyone knows their own kids' maturity level, etc, and should do.what they're comfortable with.

This thread has run it's course and the OP has gotten plenty of opinions. Since it's starting to get ugly I will lock it now. Let remember to keep these posts on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter