Lauren & George's Wishes Wedding- 12.01/16- WP/Attic *Updated 11/06: TR Day 6!

Ahh Lauren, everything is just so beautiful, I am loving every minute of it! You both looked amazing, and I know exactly what you meant about the super awkward moments for the photos, glad it wasn't just us haha. Can't wait to read more! :lovestruc

Looooooove everything!! I almost wish I had done the generational wedding ring picture with my family, that would have been so cool! Your Boardwalk photos are just simply stunning.

Oh my god your first look is just so lovely and sweet and perfect. Such an intimate moment and if you ask me just the definition of a first look!! But then the bird poop :eek: Kristie really is a secret magician goddess woman, I swear. So glad it didn't throw off any other part of your day!

Oh, Lauren... what a wonderful start to your wedding TR. You look unbelievably gorgeous. I don't think I could begin to pick a favorite, but the photo of you and your mom is precious. And all of the first look pictures!

You are just glowing in your photos. I can't wait to see the rest of your report. :goodvibes

Thank you! <3 Its way, way, way too hard to pick favorites. I have probably about a dozen top favorites though. Lol. I love that one of my mom and I! And I didn't think much about our first look pictures at first, but now that I've looked at them a bunch, they have really grown on me and I really love the candid-ness of them. Because of Cricket's photography style and the fact that we didn't do much dancing at our reception, we don't really have too many non-posed photos from our day, so I appreciate these so much more now.

Ahh Lauren, everything is just so beautiful, I am loving every minute of it! You both looked amazing, and I know exactly what you meant about the super awkward moments for the photos, glad it wasn't just us haha. Can't wait to read more! :lovestruc

Thank you so much!!! I'm glad I wasn't alone with our first look being a tad awkward. lol. All I kept thinking of was how romantic and amazing elphie's first look was and I thought I was weird for not having that extremely emotional reaction, but that's just us!

Looooooove everything!! I almost wish I had done the generational wedding ring picture with my family, that would have been so cool! Your Boardwalk photos are just simply stunning.

Oh my god your first look is just so lovely and sweet and perfect. Such an intimate moment and if you ask me just the definition of a first look!! But then the bird poop :eek: Kristie really is a secret magician goddess woman, I swear. So glad it didn't throw off any other part of your day!

Thanks, Jenn! I love the ring picture. Not only is it really special, but its super cool to see how the ring styles have changed over the years! The Boardwalk really is just such a stunning backdrop for any type of photos. Seriously considering going back for an anniversary shoot there.

First looks are the best! It may have been a tad awkward, but that's just so us! Haha. Really, it was perfect <3 and the bird poop was HILARIOUS! I was worried about it for a moment, but as soon as I saw that it didn't bother George, it really became a funny highlight of the day. Kristie definitely handled the situation like a champ! I'm kinda disappointed there are no pictures of said bird poop scenario. THAT would have been hilarious!

Your photos are awesome! Where did you get the "I'm celebrating" buttons. Love them! And the bouquets are very original!!!

Your photos are awesome! Where did you get the "I'm celebrating" buttons. Love them! And the bouquets are very original!!!

Thank you! I got the button design from Etsy from the seller SomethingPrintable. I then printed them through Purebuttons.com (since the design did not include the actual buttons).

Omg I love your boardwalk photos, I feel like I am breaking some unspoken rule that you need to get boardwalk photos on your wedding day. I hope I don't regret it! The color of the bridesmaids dresses are just so perfect.

Also, you're totally allowed to be vain on your wedding day, you look great. In true stalker fashion I can not wait for your park portraits! I know they're this month!

I love seeing guys nervous, and George definitely looks so cute-nervous waiting for you to arrive. Perfect first look and you can tell that you both just had so much anxiety leave once you saw each other. I love it!!!

Omg I love your boardwalk photos, I feel like I am breaking some unspoken rule that you need to get boardwalk photos on your wedding day. I hope I don't regret it! The color of the bridesmaids dresses are just so perfect.

Also, you're totally allowed to be vain on your wedding day, you look great. In true stalker fashion I can not wait for your park portraits! I know they're this month!

I love seeing guys nervous, and George definitely looks so cute-nervous waiting for you to arrive. Perfect first look and you can tell that you both just had so much anxiety leave once you saw each other. I love it!!!

Girl, you are too sweet <3 Of course you aren't breaking any rules with no Boardwalk photos, they wee just a must for me because its my favorite resort. Plus you'll be getting fireworks photos, which I'm sooo sad we don't have. That will totally make up for it!

Ahh only a few more weeks until our park shoots! SO excited!

He is a pretty cute, slouchy dude <3 First looks are the best.

Part 4- Pre-Ceremony Portraits

After George got back from cleaning the bird poop off his shirt, we started taking our couples portraits. We had about 15-20 minutes until the start of the ceremony, which doesn't seem like a lot of time, but we actually had times for tons of pictures. Originally, I didn't care much about getting a ton of pictures at the Wedding Pavilion, because I wanted to have the majority of our couples portraits done on the Boardwalk at the end of the day, but these pictures are actually some of my favorites from the whole day and I'm glad we allotted the time for them before the ceremony. First Cricket positioned us for pictures under the arch.

32284469281_953e8ffc7b_z.jpg

Then I mentioned to her that I'd love to wait here until the monorail went by so that we could get some pictures with the monorail in the background! She said of course and we waited for a few minutes until one came by, then got into position. Look at the camera, look at each other, kiss (that became the theme of the day, lol).

32284468401_1f48faa30d_z.jpg

32365455396_57479537db_z.jpg

We actually lucked out, because 2 monorails came from each direction, so we got two different colored monorails.

32284467911_f3a7f1fdb5_z.jpg

31562407304_7c8c8c9dec_z.jpg

After we got our monorail pictures, we wanted to get a shot of us with the entire Wedding Pavilion in the background so we walked more towards the bridge where Cricket and Sean helped position us perfectly. They even taught us how to do a proper dip so that I looked somewhat graceful and George didn't drop me. Haha. These pictures turned out AMAZING and are definitely amongst my favorites of the day. The sky and clouds were just so perfect and I feel like these photos perfectly captured our day. We even used the "dip" picture as our thank-you card picture.

32365453506_e7dc27cc08_z.jpg

32284466351_3db3fdfdc4_z.jpg

31562405324_7dfab79303_z.jpg

FAVORITE <3

And I really love this one too.

32404780555_09d5896ed3_z.jpg

When we walked back to the Pavilion for some more pictures, Cricket heard the monorail coming and got some more awesome monorail pictures :) These are a little different from the first set and I really love them because they look more candid.

32404780355_644d1ea4d3_z.jpg

31562402764_43aa2b54f9_z.jpg

31562401794_3732a90d02_z.jpg

31562401434_563b276f6d_z.jpg

31562401024_b62c627179_z.jpg

And after all that kissing, George really needed to comb that mustache! LOL. Cricket thought this was so hilarious when he did it that she had to get a picture.

32404779875_90ae9d528c_z.jpg

And don't forget the shoe pics! George really wanted to show off his stormtrooper socks.

32365450306_bda8e9c7f6_z.jpg

31562402824_0dd50cbf69_z.jpg

Then Cricket got us to prom pose, which felt SO awkward and I thought would turn out horribly because its such a weird pose, but I actually love these and are some of my favorite pictures of the two of us.

31562400644_735eeb10de_z.jpg

32254661322_cb564fc7ba_z.jpg

We then walked about halfway back to the bridge for one last picture together before the start of the ceremony. Gotta love that fish-eye lense.

32254660332_98f6006311_z.jpg

After we finished this picture, Kristie came to tell us it was almost time to start the ceremony. George was brought to the groom's room (I think) and I was brought to the bride's vestibule for any last-minute wardrobe fixes and a lipgloss touch-up. My mom and dad then met me right outside the bride's vestibule and we were just waiting for our cue from Kristie. All I remember from this last moment before walking down the aisle was that one of Kristie's assistants that day was named Ariel and my dad commented that she should have seen my sister's hair and that she was the real Ariel.

WEDDING CEREMONY IS NEXT!

Spotlight on This Fairy Tale Life Blog

Yesterday, our wedding was featured on This Fairy Tale Life blog! This blog was created by Disneyland bride Mindy and was a super helpful resource while planning our Disney wedding. While the blog does mainly focus on Disneyland weddings, there is still lots of WDW wedding stuff posted in it and I highly recommend anyone who is still wedding planning to check it out. Its not just a wedding blog, but a lifestyle blog and TONS of her articles are Disney-related. The spotlight on our wedding goes over highlights of the day, some budget breakdowns, and advise on planning in general. It'll also give you a sneak peek on some photos that I haven't gotten to in my wedding report yet, so if you're extra antsy on seeing those, go check it out :)

In the future, I will continue to contribute blog articles to This Fairy Tale Life as a WDW correspondent, so if you're into the blog scene, especially Disney and lifestyle blogs, be sure to subscribe to Mindy's blog.

Everything is gorgeous, especially you! I can't wait to see more! It looks like a picture perfect day.

I checked out your blog post also - I've been reading your posts over there too :-)

Everything is gorgeous, especially you! I can't wait to see more! It looks like a picture perfect day.

I checked out your blog post also - I've been reading your posts over there too :-)

Thank you! It really was a perfect day, and as much as I complained in the planning on how badly I wanted everything to be over, I'd so do it all over again (plus it would be way easier this time). Thanks for also following along on the blog!

Part 5- The Ceremony

Sorry about the very-delayed break! I've been working on wedding albums for my mom and grandmothers...as well as mine and its been an excruciating process. I also started to write this post a couple weeks ago, got 90% of the way through it, and then my computer crashed and it didn't save the post so I got upset and boycotted the boards for a few weeks. Haha. Without delay, lets get to what you've all been waiting for--The Ceremony <3

When I last left off, I was waiting at the back of the Pavilion with my parents for Kristie's cue to start our walk down the aisle. I was pretty nervous to walk down the aisle and then be up on a pedestal in front of everyone, but surprisingly not as nervous as I thought I'd be. In the moments leading up to my walk down the aisle, I remember only focusing on myself and my parents. I did not see any of the guys walking down the aisle, none of my bridemaids walking down the aisle, and I don't remember hearing any of our ceremony music at all. Now that I think of it, I don't even know where the groomsmen and bridesmaids were lined up because I don't remember them being any near my parents and I. For those curious, our processional songs were the main Star Wars theme for George and his mom, as well as the groomsmen, and "Married Life" from Up for the bridesmaids. We had a violinist playing for our ceremony, which was swapped out for the usual organist that comes with the Wedding Pavilion.

Of course my sister was the only one not paying attention to anything. Lol.

And then it was my turn to go. I was concentrating on not walking too fast and not tripping on my dress, so I don't remember hearing my processional song either, but for those interested, it was "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter. I was originally going to walk down to "At Last I See the Light", but after thinking long and hard about it, I decided that Harry Potter played just as big of an impact on my life as Disney did, so I wanted to incorporate that into my day. I'm so glad that I did because as a last-minute change, George and I ended up doing our first dance to "At Last I See The Light" instead (more on that later).

I made it without tripping!

While I do have the ceremony script and our vows written down in documents, I'm far too lazy to type everything out on here. Our ceremony was short and sweet (about 15 minutes tops) and we used a template that we found on Off Beat Bride with some minor tweaking (and a few things I stole from Jenn and Amanda's ceremonies).

At some point during the ceremony, one of the Magic Kingdom boats went by and honked its horn, which is why I'm laughing in that last picture. It was definitely an ice breaker and one of George and I'd favorite parts of the ceremony.

Then came my actual favorite part of not only the ceremony, but of the whole day--George's vows. For those of you that know me, you know that music is a big part of my life. Before my obsession with Disney started (well, again, since I was obsessed with Disney as a child), you would find me at shows at least 3 nights a week. All my friends were in bands or people I met at shows, all I wore were band tshirts, and any social gathering either involved going to a show or hanging out and listening to music. This started in high school and stayed with me all throughout my 20s. When I met George, he was working at one of my favorite concert venues and we went to countless concerts and festivals together for the first few years of our relationship. So when he said that the best way he could describe his love for me was through the help of some of his friends (John, Paul, Bruce, Laura, Dave, Tim, etc.) I almost lost it (in the form of laughing like a hyena). Yes, my wonderful husband took the lines from all my favorite songs and bands and pieced together the most beautiful vows I've ever heard. It was the most perfect thing he could of done and I love him so much for that.

Then it was my turn to say my vows that I wrote, which were pretty standard but had a few cute Disney things thrown in there. They must have not been too interesting because our photographers took no photos of me reading them. Haha. Its fine. I will totally admit that George's blew mine out of the water. Mine were very run-of-the-mill.

After my vows were done, it was time to exchange our rings.

And then it was time to kisssss!

Yay!!! Mr and Mrs Becker!

Our recessional song was "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News (we're big Back to the Future fans) and I actually remember hearing this one! It was awesome! So now that the most nerve-wracking 15 minutes of my life were done and I had my pretty ring and super cute husband by my side, I was super happy and ready to party!

Your hair looks amazing! and the flowers hanging in the little clear glass holders are so so so nice. The location, the arch, the water-how perfect!

Love all your pictures and recount of the day. What a perfect place to get married. While we love the chapel, we also wanted an outside wedding and went with Italy in Epcot. Can't wait to read more. Thanks.

Part 6: Post- Ceremony & ALL the Mickey Balloons!

After the ceremony was over and myself and George and our bridal party walked down the aisle, we held back for a minute while all of our guests brought inside the Wedding Pavilion so that we could take all of our formal family pictures. I won't bore you with all of these because we must have done 15 different configurations of family members, but here's a few of our immediate families.

My parents, sister, and grandma

George's mom and dad

George's dad, brothers, and sister

And then George and I took a couple of just the two of us in the Wedding Pavilion, though it was kind of awkward because everyone was just staring at us. LOL.

After that, our guests stayed inside the Wedding Pavilion for a few minutes to enjoy the A/C and me, George, and the bridal party headed outside for some of my favorite pictures of the entire day...with Mickey balloons! I knew I wanted Mickey balloons incorporated into some of our photography, as well as our reception decor. The balloons were 100% worth the small splurge, although without the plastic bubble around them (like you'd find in the parks), some of Mickey's ears did start to deflate pretty quickly as they got hit with the wind.

Since Cricket and Sean were with me all morning, George didn't get any pictures with him and his groomsmen, so they took some of those next. They all look so dapper :)

His sister always has to be the center of attention. lol.

My handsome hubby <3 Eww, why did I just say that? LOL. I hate that word.

Love this one of me, my sister, and our bestie. Laughing, of course.

As those photos were being finished, Kristie started lining our guests up outside the Pavilion for our staged exit. She handed out all of the bubble packets, and gave lightsabers to my sister and George's dad to form an arch. George and I had a couple minutes to ourselves while that was all being set up and it was our first time alone together since we got married. I'm pretty sure we just said "Holy crap, we're married." and George complained about how heavy his ring was for the first time. We then got our cue from Kristie that we could start heading out towards our guests and to the limo waiting for us.

And then we got into the limo to go to the Boardwalk for our reception! But it wasn't just George and I...Meghan came along too! Since she was our MC and the one in charge of getting our music queued up, we wanted her to come with us to get the sound system all set up in the Attic. It was awesome being in the limo with my 2 favorite people in the entire world <3 I remember chugging a water and then George and I checking our Facebooks to see that we each had at least 20 notifications. Haha. In just a few minutes we made it back to the Boardwalk and made the very long, but excited trek up to the Attic. Before going into the Attic, we did stop by our room and some of our special guests (which I'll tell you all about later) were in our room getting suited up and ready. They all cheered for us when we came in the room and it was super fun to get a few minutes with them. Then there was a knock on the door and it was Kristie. She had a glass of Diet Coke ready for me and it was at that moment that I knew I loved her. LOL. It was the best Diet Coke of my life. Who knew getting married made you so thirsty?!? She told us that if we wanted to see how the Attic looked before all our guests arrived, that we could have a few minutes to check everything out. Of course we did!

Last edited:
Part 7: Reception Details

After having a few minutes in our hotel room, we made the 10 foot trek to The Attic to see what our reception space looked like before all of our guests arrived. When I stepped in the door I was like a giddy child. The Attic is already a beautiful space without any decorations, but the little decor we did add just made the space look absolutely perfect. It was exactly as I had envisioned it when I described what I wanted to our floral/decor planner.

My attention first gravitated towards our sweetheart table because that mint tablecloth was EVERYTHING! I don't know when it would be appropriate to use a mint, sequined tablecloth in everyday life, but I seriously wanted to steal it. The rest of the table looked amazing too, down to the chair covers (recommended by the amazing @lurkyloo ) and our floral arrangements, which were brought in from our ceremony to save a few bucks.

I was equally thrilled with how our our guest tables looked as well. The arrangements of mixed wild flowers in different assortments of vintage glasses and jars was exactly what I had pictured. I also love how our attraction poster table numbers looked with the floral. Those frames were $1 each at Ikea and we printed the attraction posters for free! Cheapest and easiest centerpieces ever.

Our guest favors were our custom "I'm Celebrating" buttons, attached to an organza bag filled with some Dove chocolates and tied together with a "Best Day Ever!" tag. A little nod to my favorite princess, Punzy <3

Our gift table, which included our Vinylmation guest book and our "Once Upon A Time" cardbox, which I got at Disneyland.

Marquee lights that we brought in for a little added vintage touch.

Our Mickey toasting flutes that we got from Epcot. Yes, we totally had blue champagne. It reminded me of the blue milk from Star Wars and I had to have it! It was really good too.

And saving the best for last--our cake! I was so thrilled when I saw our cake! It was exactly the fun and whimsical cake that I had dreamed of (and spoiler alert: so, so delicious).

Last edited:
Everything looks amazing! You had so many fun ideas and it all really flowed well together. I might have to use (steal) some of these ideas in the future for my wedding lol :stitch2: Also, your pictures came out beautiful and your dress is wonderful! Can't wait to see more!! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!