March 16 Hank Williams, Jr.
March 23 Earth, Wind & Fire
March 30 Hootie and the Blowfish
April 6 Sister Hazel

Pat Travers Band Performs March 17-29; March 31 -
April 5. Larry Hoppen Band Performs Feb 8, 15, 22 &
March 1, 8

Mardi Gras Parade

The nightly Celebrate Americana parade features 14 floats direct from New Orleans. To complement the Heroes Salute program and our Celebrate Americana theme, we have invited police, military, firefighters, and rescue personnel to march in the parade in their uniforms and carrying their unit’s banners.

Our Floats Include…

• Spirit of 76
• American Expands Westward
• American Inventions
• American Sports
• American Entertainers
• America Rocking & Rolling
• Americans in Space
• American Heroes
…and many more!

On Saturday nights, the parade will commence at park closing time, with the concert starting approximately 30 minutes afterward. All other nights the concert will take place first, followed by the parade.

Child viewing areas are located by Earthquake and in front of Hanna Barbera Store. AAA VIP parade viewing area is located on the sidewalk across from Monsters Café. AAA members must have passes for entry. AAA passes will be distributed at the Studio Audience Center each day of Mardi Gras.

How Guests Can be in the Mardi Gras Parade…

A limited supply of tickets will be available at the Studio Audience Center each day of Mardi Gras. Tickets are first come first serve and each day guest will have to be present in order to receive a ticket. Guests must be at least 48 inches tall to ride and an adult must accompany all float riders under the age of 18.

Earl,

Thanks for the info. Do you know what time the Studio Audience Center opens in the mornings? We will be there 3/15 and 3/16 and we would love to ride in the parade. We will be staying on site, so we could get there bright and early to get in line.

Donna

I really appreciate your post as we will be there 2/14-2/16. Your post does lead me to beleive that this parade will be every night rather than just Fri and Sat as earlier posts indicated? We are hoping to catch it Thurs the 14th. thanks again for the info.
Jenn

I was told by guest services that the parade would be weekends only until March, and then nightly after that.

OMG!!!! HANK!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Earl.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to do the weekend of March 9 - 10 or March 16 - 17. This decided it for me. Have always been a huge Hank fan. (I once dated a guy who paid $150 per ticket so I/we could have a front row seat to my 10th Hank show. What an idiot. Oh yeah, I married the "idiot"....)

Can anyone please verify if there will or will not be a parade on Thursday, Feb. 28th? I planned my days around the fact that I thought the parade would be held nightly. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it has always been nightly in the past. I just got over the fact that I would be missing ET this year, I hope I am not also going to be missing the parade!

Gina

sorry but the word on the street is the parade is only on friday and saturday during the month of February.
the weekly does not start until MARCH.
:(

The post is a cut an paste right off of the news release. It didn't mention anything other than what is says. If I get a chance, I'll check on it.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I am looking in to changing reservations now, but it is a little late I am sure!

Gina

How nuts is this??!! To have the "Mardi Gras" Parade every night in March but not Nightly the week of Fat Tuesday!! Oh Well, just disappointed. We will be there Thurs and Fri but suppose to check in to our resort at 4 on Friday. DH is not going to want to drive back for the parade. :~(

Okay here's the official clip, don't shoot the messenger....

Mardi Gras’ good times roll every Friday and Saturday from February 8 through March 9. Then, on March 15, Mardi Gras is every day until April 6. That is a total of 33 nights of Mardi Gras!

I see that the web site has now been changed to reflect the official word as spoken by Earl - it had previously said that Mardi Gras was every night. It is too late to change our trip. Oh well. I am sure we will have fun anyway, just have to come up with other things to do.

Originally posted by Earl

AAA VIP parade viewing area is located on the sidewalk across from Monsters Café. AAA members must have passes for entry. AAA passes will be distributed at the Studio Audience Center each day of Mardi Gras.

Not sure if you can answer but,

Would this be for any AAA member or do you have buy a special ticket to get this? I am an AAA member that has an annual pass to both parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter