late night dining 10/18/03 cruise

4blinkies

Earning My Ears
We have late dining on 10/18/03 cruise. Since this is our very first cruise. We feel our children 5,3 will not be able to dine in the restaurants with us during these late hours. Disney has put us on a waiting list. Anybody been able to change their dining schedule? Any advantages in late dining, given our children's age? Thank you for all your input

Hi 4blinkies!

Welcome to the DIS boards. We will be on this cruise with you!

I really think you belong at the early seating with kids of that age. If you keep pursuing it, I believe you'll get it. DCL is very accomodating. If you're on a waiting list, keep checking with your TA, or even call DCL directly once the cruise is 60 days away or closer.

if you care to see who else is cruising with you, check out my thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=308714

Welcome aboard!!!

'Beano':cool:

Originally posted by 4blinkies
We have late dining on 10/18/03 cruise. Since this is our very first cruise. We feel our children 5,3 will not be able to dine in the restaurants with us during these late hours. Disney has put us on a waiting list. Anybody been able to change their dining schedule? Any advantages in late dining, given our children's age? Thank you for all your input

4blinkies, at the time of our first Disney cruise (May 1999) our 3 boys were 11, 8 and 4 we had early seating (6pm). I think it's going to depend on your children. I found it extremely hard to pull my kids out of the pool, from the clubs, etc. to get them showered, dressed and ready for dinner at 6pm not to mention I had myself to get ready as well! Last May (2002) the boys were 14, 11 and 7 and we had late seating (8:30pm). It was so much easier this time around. Even though we didn't eat until later there is always something to eat, chicken strips, hot dogs, burgers, room service. We also found that we still were on West Coast time and given the fact that we usually don't eat dinner until 7-7:30pm the late seating was really better for us. Not everyone will agree with me but it is what worked best for our family. HTH

I see that you're from SoCal; don't forget that with the time zone difference, it'll feel 3 hours earlier to you. Even late seating felt pretty early to us!

The Early vs Late debate also hinges on activities in the Kids Clubs. Early seating slightly favors the kids activities more than the late (see the recent Kids Navigators). Our children missed some of the better club activities because of our late seating (having to take time to get them ready to dine in the restaurants).

We switched from early to late when we boarded (outside Sessions Lounge on Deck 3 Forward) - A mistake we won't make again. Only the youngest in our party (our 3 year old daughter) of a party of 8 children all under 11 had any trouble staying up.

We just sailed in May with our friends who have a 3 year old and a 7 mos old. The three year old has no problems at dinner at all during the late seating. They did put him down for a nap every afternoon and I think that was the key.

The 7 mos old was in Flounders Reef a few nights fast asleep while his parents were able to eat in the dining rooms.

We always book late seating and prefer it!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter