"Last Minute" Trip to WDW

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
My DD13 has a fall break in mid October, the weekend after Columbus Day, so I got a notion to take a couple of extra days and go to WDW, since she will be traveling with her dad and stepmom and I'll have a long weekend alone. I called last night and booked the CBR for 6 nights, then was able to call Member Services this morning and book some DVC rooms, so I cancelled CBR. I'll move THREE TIMES in a 6 day vacation!! But that's perfectly fine with me - the first night I'll have a studio at the Beach Club, then I'll move to OKW in a 1BR for 3 nights, then to a studio at SSR for the last two nights. I prefer a 1BR but there was no availability at this late date and I didn't have enough points, so I am paying cash at the member rate for the 1BR at OKW. That will give me the washer/dryer and tub in the middle of the vacation when I'll need to relax and do laundry!!

This will be fun - I love the BCV and we stay there often when we go as a family, so I'll be able to enjoy SAB for a day or two. I've always wanted to try OKW and SSR, but have never booked them because we really love VWL so much that we stay there if we can. So this trip will be about statying at the only DVC resorts I haven't tried yet.

I've never been in mid-October - what are the crowds like?

make sure while at the BCV (if you can) to go try the food/wine festavial at Epcot!!!

get your ticket for MNSSHP!

Oct - some nights aren't bad at all, other nights - you wonder why you came here. (NJ week)

Yes, I just realized I'd be there for my first Food and Wine Festival!!! That should be fun - I've made ADRs for both of my Epcot days for lunch and dinner, but I can cancel if I need to!!!!

I did order my MNSSHP ticket online last night. I think it will be fun to go solo - I am a real parade and firework lover, and my children are more about the rides, so I will be able to indulge!!

My semi-solo (DH could only join me for 2 days) trip in Jan I moved 3x in a week. (SSR-->OKW-->BWV) I thought it was fun, and kinda like a adventure. Also, it's way easier to move when you are solo!

Have fun, October is such nice weather! :thumbsup2

I don't ever mind moving because if the girls are traveling with me I make them pack, and if it's just me I pack very lightly!!! And I won't have much in the way of snacks/drinks in the room this trip, either. I'll probably be loading up on F&W snacks in Epcot instead!!! I'm going to have a rental car so I plan to check out of one resort, take my luggage with me, and check into the new resort before I go to the parks each morning.

Yes, I just realized I'd be there for my first Food and Wine Festival!!! That should be fun - I've made ADRs for both of my Epcot days for lunch and dinner, but I can cancel if I need to!!!!

I/QUOTE]

Yes, you may find that you'd prefer to "eat your way around the world" by tasting at the various food booths. DH and I share most things and usually do 2 meals this way ----- by the time we've leisurely walked 1/2 way around the World Showcase and sampled what we wanted, we're full. This might not work so well with kids, but we enjoy it a lot. We spend a couple of leisurely hours just snacking and people watching and attending a show or looking in a few stores. It may end up costing more than if we just sat down and ate a meal, but we enjoy the opportunity to do something different and we're not doing commando touring any more. Enjoy!

PS ---- your positive attitude about making 3 moves is exceptionally refreshing. No moaning, groaning, "poor me's" because there's no room availability for all six nights in one resort. You're right ........ with a w/d, you can afford to pack lightly! I just bet you have a fantastic time because you sound like you appreciate how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy Disney.

Well, I don't mind moving under any circumstances, because we like to sample different resorts and even book them on purpose, but for a last-minute trip like this it would really be bad to whine when I was lucky enough to get a DVC villa of any sort during F&W!!!

Have a great time I was trying to get a short solo trip down the last week of OCT as DD has no time off school . She started HS this year and we didn't want to take her out.

Then I have a SWA credit that needs to be used as well. But after 4 family trips last year I just couldn't leave them behind.

I guess my friends at the Paintball event at WWoS will just have to do without me this year.

Oh and out June/July 08 trip we will do a few resorts as well. We also want to try them all. We would like to hit AKV and BWV or VWL this thip maybe all 3 if we can as it will be 12 or 13 days total.

What is "Jersey Week" and when is it? I'm planning on going in October 2008. I'm assuming this is when New Jersey schools have a break? How do I find out when Jersey Week is in 2008 so I can avoid it? Thanks.

Jersey week is a time where New Jersey public schools have a week off. However, I had always heard it was around the first week of November, not October.

the first night I'll have a studio at the Beach Club, then I'll move to OKW in a 1BR for 3 nights, then to a studio at SSR for the last two nights. ... I've always wanted to try OKW and SSR, but have never booked them because we really love VWL so much that we stay there if we can. So this trip will be about staying at the only DVC resorts I haven't tried yet.
So this will be your first time staying in a 1BR in OKW? You are in for a treat!! I've stayed in 1BRs at OKW, BWV and VWL and while I love the 1BRs at BWV and VWL, OKW's 1BRs are in another league. Have a great time!!

So this will be your first time staying in a 1BR in OKW? You are in for a treat!! I've stayed in 1BRs at OKW, BWV and VWL and while I love the 1BRs at BWV and VWL, OKW's 1BRs are in another league. Have a great time!!

I agree! You wont want to leave!;)

Jersey week is a time where New Jersey public schools have a week off. However, I had always heard it was around the first week of November, not October.

I can change to the first or second week in Nov - but you are correct it is definitely in Nov.

but since that week is very, very crowded - am assuming that other weeks are equally crowded in Oct - WDW made it regular season for a reason. (okay may be wrong)

We are not OKW owners, but DH has informed me after 1 OKW 1 bedroom stay that he will ONLY stay in OKW 1 bedrooms, doesn't think the other 1 bedrooms are worth it! OK, ok, we do stay mostly in studios, and 2 bedrooms when we're with family, but I got the message!
Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes, this is my first time at OKW - I'm excited to try it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter