Last Minute One Day Trip!!

soxyes

Mouseketeer
I'm sooo excited and know that most people will think we're nuts... but I thought folks here might understand. :)

In 2017 we went to WDW in Feb (long weekend), March (spring break), June (summer vacay) and we have a long weekend planned for October and then back in March 2018. When visiting with our neighbors this past Sunday we learned that they were heading to DHS for the DAY (from Chicago suburbs) to check out GMR one last time. Well, we had to join in the fun. We hopped on their flights (pretty decent rates), and are heading out early Friday without the kids!

It's so exciting to add a visit in when you aren't planning on one. I wish it was for the whole weekend, but that would mean child issues, etc, so we're just going for the day.

So crazy and so fun! :cloud9:

I need more info... Are you flying there and back in the same day?

I think it's awesome that you have nutty Disney neighbors to share your obsession with.

Yep- We're leaving early in the morning and then leaving Orlando in the evening.
It's kind of surreal... no need for a checked bag or even a carry-on, just a backpack with items needed for that day.

Got for it!
Any day at Disney is better than a day at work.
As for those who would put down what you are doing; what I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
:rockband: :charac2: :mic: :music:

If your family/friends wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

We did that last year for the Animal Kingdom DVC party in September. We flew in in Tuesday morning and out on Wednesday aftnernoon. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Have a great time visiting GMR one last time.

Wow, that sounds like fun! I would love to do this someday, just to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter