Last minute long weekend: OKW or SSR, and why?

What would you do with expiring points?

• Total voters
I don't care for the theming at SSR. To close to what we have at home. OKW is also our favorite. Love the large rooms. The tropical laid back feel. DS is only a 20 minute boat ride away so the dinning options are not an issue. My daughter loves the sandcastle slide at the pool. The Gurgurling Suitcase also has the best bartenders on property. It even has it's own FB page.

Any thoughts on best room request to make for a 2br at OKW? What are the chances of a refurbished 2br there?

OP, you are no where near last minute, even if you do it the day of arrival:
DW and I several times have been at DS (DTD) for the day and decided we wanted to stay the night. Called the resorts directly (back before MS was open on Sundays) or MS and checked in within 15 minutes. We have done this with both OKW & SSR.

At MK for the day in Feb ’14 for our anniversary, called MS @09:00, and booked a room at BLT for that night. Checked-in @11:00 and the room was ready. We did not plan on this day going like this until @05:00 while still in bed.

Any day at WDW is better than a day at home, work, or school. You can not go wrong with either resort, especially if you have not stay there. All the resorts have their own special feel/atmosphere and only you can know if it is right for your style/type.

Any thoughts on best room request to make for a 2br at OKW? What are the chances of a refurbished 2br there?
Turtle Pond (my favorite area, enjoy being near the quiet pool, Turtle Shack and BBQ grills, building 42) and South Point have been reno’d!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter