Lagoon Show

KatieCharlotte

DIS Veteran
So, I'm hearing rumors that the US lagoon show is expected to open in a month or two? When will we see an announcement? Any chance there'll be an upcharge event a la Disney? I'm curious how this will affect attendance, especially at night.

So, I'm hearing rumors that the US lagoon show is expected to open in a month or two? When will we see an announcement? Any chance there'll be an upcharge event a la Disney? I'm curious how this will affect attendance, especially at night.

They did have a dessert party with the last lagoon show so it's a possibility. I liked the universal one a bit better cause for the price you also got a meal at Lombard's during the day and then the dessert party at night. Tho I will admit there were only a couple desserts I actually enjoyed.

The work they’re doing on enhancing standing space for this show alone tells us they are expecting it to be popular........it does sound spectacular........looking forward to the announcement!!

I really liked the last one even though I know most did not think it was anything special. I hope they still find a way to incorporate the history of Universal movies in this and not just shove, Fast and Furious down our throats. If they can do something as good as the Hogwarts projections on a larger scale, it should be a good one.

I really liked the last cinema show on the lake.

I knew about most of the Universal movies that were featured in the show....

Excited for the new one that is coming out.

I hope they find a way to integrate an HHN version of the show.

I had this same thought recently as well. They can really use this space, considering it's 365 degree viewing, to set theming and mood year-round for the holidays as well as HHN. I am super pumped for this show based on the rumors I've heard.

They did not show the cinema lagoon water show during hhn last years

I saw it on a Monday when no hhn was scheduled

Some rumors are saying it won’t open until next year, probably closer to summer or later, to have some response to Star Wars opening at WDW. I don’t know if I believe they would hold it off like that, but I haven’t heard any rumors that it would open this summer.

This is on the military site, but not anywhere else, it looks like this got put up early there (maybe too early):

https://site.universalorlando.com/military/Universal_Studios_Florida/See-Whats-New.aspx

Universal’s Cinematic Celebration™ – Epic Cinema Under the Stars
lagoon-show_tcm55-65764.jpg
Starting this summer, nights at Universal Studios Florida™ will be brighter and bolder than ever as music from the world’s biggest films fills the air and scores of dancing fountains erupt. Massive walls of water blaze with epic movie moments and powerful projections bring the entire waterfront into the movies. You’ll see and hear roaring dinosaurs from Jurassic World, feel the adrenaline rush of high-speed cars from Fast & Furious, watch the mischievous antics of the Minions from Despicable Me, and so much more. Don’t miss the amazing new show that’s lighting up select nights all year long.

This is on the military site, but not anywhere else, it looks like this got put up early there (maybe too early):

https://site.universalorlando.com/military/Universal_Studios_Florida/See-Whats-New.aspx

Universal’s Cinematic Celebration™ – Epic Cinema Under the Stars
lagoon-show_tcm55-65764.jpg
Starting this summer, nights at Universal Studios Florida™ will be brighter and bolder than ever as music from the world’s biggest films fills the air and scores of dancing fountains erupt. Massive walls of water blaze with epic movie moments and powerful projections bring the entire waterfront into the movies. You’ll see and hear roaring dinosaurs from Jurassic World, feel the adrenaline rush of high-speed cars from Fast & Furious, watch the mischievous antics of the Minions from Despicable Me, and so much more. Don’t miss the amazing new show that’s lighting up select nights all year long.

Looks like it's already taken down. Those darn minions...

Got home yesterday and they are working in a major way on the lagoon area. There are A LOT of features going in in the water. So whatever it is appears to be big.
They are by no means finished, or near to being finished, from what I could tell. Seeing how they are still working with equipment in the water.

It is open and running as of four days ago from Timthetraker's video on Youtube. He interviewed the producer of the show and he was happy to say it was up and running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!