Kraken Unleashed

Tim Tracker just posted a video from Seaworld. He said he spoke to a ride attendant at VR will be unavailable for a few weeks. Leads you to believe VR will be back. Tim shares this information at 7:10.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has heard any updates? When I went a few months ago the whole coaster wasn't operating. Hoping it gets sorted out by July for my next trip!

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has heard any updates? When I went a few months ago the whole coaster wasn't operating. Hoping it gets sorted out by July for my next trip!
We were there March 31 and we rode several times but there was no VR. A kid in front of us in line said there was no VR only for that day but I don’t know how accurate that is. I didn’t see any VR goggles anywhere.

I would have to say that kid was very inaccurate. All the VR hardware was removed from the cars, and since I have seen 2 or 3 cars running at 1onetime I don't think they can have a few cars in the back with the VR gear still installed. I don't know if the behind the scenes gear is still installed or if it was also removed.

That means if they ever do bring it back they will have to install all the gear back onto the cars (at a minimum, possibly also other gear), and then test it. Last time testing seemed to take several weeks. I personally do not see them bringing back VR in anything under 2 weeks.

I would have to say that kid was very inaccurate. All the VR hardware was removed from the cars, and since I have seen 2 or 3 cars running at 1onetime I don't think they can have a few cars in the back with the VR gear still installed. I don't know if the behind the scenes gear is still installed or if it was also removed.

That means if they ever do bring it back they will have to install all the gear back onto the cars (at a minimum, possibly also other gear), and then test it. Last time testing seemed to take several weeks. I personally do not see them bringing back VR in anything under 2 weeks.
That’s what I figured since I saw no evidence of any VR equipment. I was fine with it because I’m not interested in the VR anyway so we happily rode without.

Is there still a virtual que now that VR has been removed? What is the approximate wait time in the actual line if we are able to get a time in the virtual que? I saw that there is a QQ pass just for Kraken for $10 a person but would rather not spend even more if the lines are manageable!

Is there still a virtual que now that VR has been removed? What is the approximate wait time in the actual line if we are able to get a time in the virtual que? I saw that there is a QQ pass just for Kraken for $10 a person but would rather not spend even more if the lines are manageable!
I didn’t see a virtual queue option when we were there March 31. We stood in the standby line first thing in the morning which was a walk on and later in the day we were able to use our quick queue unlimited pass (not the Kraken specific one) to get on. The standby line seemed to average 30-45 minutes that day with it getting up around 60 minutes in the afternoon but that was right in the middle of spring break crowds.

I didn’t see a virtual queue option when we were there March 31. We stood in the standby line first thing in the morning which was a walk on and later in the day we were able to use our quick queue unlimited pass (not the Kraken specific one) to get on. The standby line seemed to average 30-45 minutes that day with it getting up around 60 minutes in the afternoon but that was right in the middle of spring break crowds.

Thanks for the info! Did you just ask about the QQ pass or is Kraken now included? We are staying at an official SeaWorld hotel and plan on just using the standard QQ pass (not unlimited) that the hotel hands out. Has anyone had success using the pass for Kraken recently?

Thanks for the info! Did you just ask about the QQ pass or is Kraken now included? We are staying at an official SeaWorld hotel and plan on just using the standard QQ pass (not unlimited) that the hotel hands out. Has anyone had success using the pass for Kraken recently?
We didn’t ask. We’d purchased the unlimited qq pass before we went expecting that Kraken would be excluded but we noticed other people using theirs so we tried and they let us use it. Maybe Kraken is included with the regular qq because it isn’t VR right now?

I think they completely got rid of it. I went on it today and they weren’t doing the VR. The goggles weren’t even attached to the ride.

I think they completely got rid of it. I went on it today and they weren’t doing the VR. The goggles weren’t even attached to the ride.

This is a good thing! I tried it in Late November/early December 2017 and there were just way too many issues. One of them being the excessive load and unload time.

I think I read somewhere else that they're just working to redesign the VR equipment for safety/insurance purposes, and that they want to have it working again this summer. I personally liked the VR aspect, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it comes back.

I can confirm that VR will be coming back - the hardware is back on the seats, although they are currently not using them. I am not sure what else needs to be done but they would not add the headgear to the seats unless they were ready to roll it out again soon. I would expect in a few weeks that VR would be up and running again just based on that.

VR is back, although they aren't using it on every row (only on rows 3-7, I believe). Hope this helps with the wait and load times!

It was only being used in those rows before (December, 2017) and it was slooooooow loading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!