Kiz, Jem and Jim's Adventure along the Rio Grande The COMPLETED TR!

Our first trip was Santa Fe 2003 2 night 3 days no way you can do it all in that time, I was desperate to get back with in one day of being home !!, booked with in a week.
Our longest trip was 2010 7 night HNY very chilled :goodvibes.

If you give DH a lie in and some good food sure he will have a great time, that's my plan for march anyway :thumbsup2

I've had meals in the NPB and loved it the view over lake disney onto cafe mickey makes me cry.

It's my happy place :)

The pool looks fab I will stay there one day after the referb.

Double ticker :cheer2::cheer2:
Xx

Day 5 - Friday October 11th

We woke up at 6.55am today. Yay for lie ins! :rotfl:
We strolled across to La Cantina for our final brekkie and all had loads of pastries and some hot cocoa as it was our last morning and it was a lovely treat :)

We went back to our room and went back to bed for a bit of a snooze before we got up to finish getting ready to check out. It was then time to hand back our key and bring the cases over to the luggage room and we walked out just as a bus was coming along to the bus stop. We were at the park about 9.20am.

Today we had three things on our itinerary. We all picked one thing we wanted to do before we said goodbye - I wanted to have it all a bit planned as we were leaving earlier then we are used to at 12.45pm.

We headed up Main St and I stopped in The Emporium to change Christmas decorations I'd bought that had been broken when I collected them in the hotel shop the night before. We also bought lovely socks for my Dad.

Then it was time for James' choice was to meet Duffy to replace the pics we had lost from Jemma's camera and because our professional photos had disappeared from the photopass cards - we lost ride pics and a couple of character ones but luckily I think I had taken photos with my camera all these times too.

We were 2nd in the queue and were soon getting cuddles from the big fella.

He was full of fun this morning and was trying to grab the Haribo sweets from the bucket and demanding that the CM gave him some! He also whispered into the CMs ear and the CM gave us loads more sweets!

He got his stamp to also replace the stamp we'd had in the autograph books that were left on the train.

Next on the list was Jemma's choice which was..... BTM....Twice!! :banana::banana:
It was amazing!

It was time then to say a sad goodbye to DLP. We waved goodbye to BTM and the Castle and were almost in tears but we soon cheered up when we got to do a little pin trading in the Village - this was my pick and DS got a very nice Stitch pin.

We ventured into Earl of Sandwich to get some lunch for a little later.
We had two kids meals - one ham sandwich, one pizza bread and I had the Hawaiian chicken sandwich - we also had a Peach parfait, crisps, drinks (kids had coke and I had Nestea) and coleslaw. And when its gone through the server then tells me my drink (Nestea) and the parfait aren't included in the meal and I was to pick a dessert and drink. So we had an extra coke and the mini brownies too.
It came to €32 and I think we had some discount on that. It was all very nice and tasty but to be honest I think I'll skip it any more - its just too expensive and we had nicer, cheaper sandwiches that felt more like filling meals from New York Sandwiches.

We caught the bus back to the Santa Fe and chilled out watching cartoons in the lobby while we waited on the shuttle. It arrived at 12.45pm and we were in CDG 35 minutes later and got through check in and security quickly. We then fell on some bad luck. Our plane was delayed by 20 minutes.

We eventually got going and things were really looking up as we were off the plane quickly, had a passport check queue open just at the right time infront of us and my suitcase was 1st on the carrousel when we got into the baggage hall! Score!

And thats where it all went horribly wrong. We got back to the Premier Inn hotel where we had parked the car for the duration and got about a mile down the road when it started jerking very badly and the dash lights were flashing at me (I would have driven on if the lights had just come on - but they were blinking!! :scared1:)

My car insurance had expired the day before and I wasn't sure if I would be covered for call outs that soon on the new policy - thankfully I'd renewed so I was ok!
So there we were stuck in Dublin, in a seedy carpark waiting in the cold for the RAC guy to come out to fix the car. The kids luckily were still full from EoS and even slept. He arrived two hours after I'd rung and was lovely and got us back on the road in a few minutes. It was a horrible drive home as I kept panicing as I can't see properly which makes driving at night a nightmare and we slowly made our way home. We got home at around 10pm (should have been home for 6.30pm :( ) and it was great to get a big hug from my husband.

This was by far the most fun, relaxed and enjoyable trip we had to DLP. We had plenty of great food, did loads and loads of rides and shows and made two lovely new friends. I would go back anytime to the SF since its shiny new refurbishment and can honestly say the only real bad point on this trip was coming home - both the actual leaving and the trying to get home!
I am thrilled after this visit to be bringing my Mam in May to show her all the magic of Disneyland Paris and to be bringing my favourite guy in the world back again for a proper family trip the following January. I had been worried DLP was losing some of its allure and downgrading its entertainment schedule but I'm sold - it was even better then ever before for us. It just a pity I can't squeeze in some more trips!!

Thanks to all the lovely Disers who gave great advice, information and tips in the lead up to this trip and to all the lovely people who followed along on our PTR and TR a huge :thanks: we've loved having you along and reading all your messages. Hope you can join us for a Peter Pan themed PTR which should be appearing around March!
:grouphug::wave::tink:

I've just caught up with this. Great trip report and loving all the pics with your lo's, they look so happy :goodvibes

Roll on the next one :thumbsup2

Ms Poppins said:
I've just caught up with this. Great trip report and loving all the pics with your lo's, they look so happy :goodvibes

Roll on the next one :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Julie - sorry I'd missed your comment. Delighted I've finished it now but I'm counting the days til I can start the next one. Another 100 days I reckon ;)
Looking forward to reading all about your trip. Its going to be amazing :yay:

Finally had 5 minutes to catch up! Loved your trip report - your kids look so happy in the photos; it's the best feeling in the world seeing your kids that happy isn't it?

And another trip...we loved NPB!!!

your kids look so happy in the photos; it's the best feeling in the world seeing your kids that happy isn't it?

Thats it! :thumbsup2 Best feeling ever!! They loved every single second and it was strangely relaxing! I couldnt help but book again. Would be a shame to miss a bargain :thumbsup2:rotfl2::goodvibes *insert excuse here*
Thanks for reading along xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter