Kingdom Keepers

I'm going to move this to our Disney books, music, movies, and television board.

DS12 and I are currently reading the 4th book - we really enjoy them. The first one was a little tough to get into and a little confusing at first. But, once we pushed back that, we really enjoyed them. Accurate on not, we love reading books that include our favorite vacation destination. We had a lot of fun on our 2010 vacation pretending that the dolls on Small World were coming to life and imaging the dungeons in Pirates. Silly, I know, but we had a good time. :)

They make a big deal about how much assistance the author had from Disney Cast Members...
but the errors... the SO obvious, major errors... are astounding for anyone familiar with even the basics of WDW.

One glaring miscue...
He makes a point of describing how the kids are riding the monorail to the Studios.
Are you KIDDING me?

That must be in one of the books I haven't read yet. That will sure confuse kids/adults if they think they can take the monorail to DHS.

For the people that don't like the Kingdom Keepers series have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? or the Never Land series?

I read the first one in a day, I enjoyed the whimsical idea and the fact they're running around the Magic Kingdom after dark. I tried to read it like the age group it was written for, but I honestly disliked the book with a passion.

I'm a cast member, I live and work in the Magic Kingdom. The whole time during the book the only thing I wanted to give him was a map. It was like he went to the parks on a vacation, thought it would be a great idea for a book and he took the keys to the kingdom tour, and then wrote the book. He seemed to forget about cast members until the last few chapters (he kept calling them employees or workers. No. Stop.). Then he described the tunnels. Okay fine, but the characters? Really? That made me want to cry. The trash system was accurate, except for the fact a human being can't fit into it, much less have a choreographed fight in it.

They take a monorail to DHS in the first book(I think), I couldn't figure out what they were doing until like a chapter later.

Lets just say I spent the whole book either angry or confused, but sadly I may read the rest just to see if they get better.

i am an avid reader of YA books, but I didn't enjoy this series. I want to try the first one agina, in case I'd like it better the second time.

I agree with the poster that wrote about Jim Dale. He is the reason I am hooked on audio books!! Love his voice!!!

I didn't know where to post this, sorry if I chose wrong.

So, I found out today that there is a whole series of books for young readers called Kingdom Keepers!

Has anyone had kids that read these? Are they good? I got the first one in the series for my 10 year old DS to read at the airport & on the plane.

I'm 14 and I love disney. No matter how stupid it is for a high schooler to love it. I love the Kingdom Keepers. It takes all the parks in WDW except for the water parks and turn then in to more of a dream and magic. I have all four Kingdom Keepers' books and I read them over 15 times a year. I love seeing all the attractions that I love in the book. Their like hidden Mickey's. The 3rd one is the longest and coolest. I wished the 4th one was a little longer. Also when their'll a 5th one I hope it takes place on one of the cruise ships. I give it 5 out of 5 Mickeys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter