King Triton’s Carousel at California Adventure to Close March 2

I can't find it now, but I thought I read that Goofy's Sky School was going? Or majorly changing? Or...maybe getting scratched in favor of King Triton?:teeth:
I can hope!!

Goofy's Sky School being replaced by a carousel? They would have officially lost their minds if they did that.

Nope, Goofy's just went through a major refurbishment and is now back up and running. I wish it would go away. :)
Ugh, Goofy messed up my neck. Rode it in 2011 and I heard a click on my neck. Since then it has been acting up and even giving me migraines. Whenever we pass by it I give it a dirty look>:(

Ugh, Goofy messed up my neck. Rode it in 2011 and I heard a click on my neck. Since then it has been acting up and even giving me migraines. Whenever we pass by it I give it a dirty look>:(

LOL!! Agreed!! OMG...I'm a tall girl and that seat was not designed for the vertically enhanced. I think all the herky-jerky with so much sticking out the top made my chiropractor's year!o_O

LOL!! Agreed!! OMG...I'm a tall girl and that seat was not designed for the vertically enhanced. I think all the herky-jerky with so much sticking out the top made my chiropractor's year!o_O
I am vertically challenged and my neck still paid the price of a Goofy ride - so basically not design for tall or short, maybe there is a "just right" height.

While King Triton's is not a must, not a long line, or an E-ticket, I have a lot of good memories on that ride. While my older two kids would ride Screamin' me and my wife would take turns taking our youngest on the carousel. Just the pure joy of watching her getting to pick out an otter or dolphin or giant pink fish is one of my favorite DL memories. Even though she's now tall enough for Screamin', she'll definitely miss the "mermaid carousel".

upload_2018-1-22_9-14-9.png

We used to look at Goofy's Sky School and think....no way! Then DGS begged us to go on it with him and we all laughed and laughed and laughed. So much fun! Yep, it's awkward to get in and has those sharp turns, but.....they would be CRAZY to replace it with the carousel!! (Always a line at Goofy's, sometimes a long one....never a line at the carousel!!

I am SOOO disappointed about this. I feel sometimes they intentionally overlook the littles and those who aren't all about the thrill rides. My girls and I love the carousel and always ride it. Not everyone loves coasters and thrill rides. I have never been on Screamin and never will be on it.

If they replaced it with a new ride it would be neat if they could relocate the carousel over near Little Mermaid.

Ooooh, YES!!! (Is there room?)

I don't think there would be room... Of the spaces near Little Mermaid, to the right of the building is a walkway to Grizzly Peak, and tons of stroller parking. To the left is some little shops, and then Corn Dog Castle, and then Goofy's Sky School. In front of the building would interfere with WOC viewing areas.

I am so sad! This carousel is gorgeous and I hate the idea of the beautiful creatures being in a warehouse somewhere :(

Chances are they will likely auction them off. Lately, it's been through Von Eaton Galleries, I believe.

I am SOOO disappointed about this. I feel sometimes they intentionally overlook the littles and those who aren't all about the thrill rides. My girls and I love the carousel and always ride it. Not everyone loves coasters and thrill rides. I have never been on Screamin and never will be on it.
It will still be a carousel based on what I've heard... just Toy Story themed. So, it's not taking away a ride from the little ones (or the less adventurous ones!). Though, I still agree that it often seems like they are forgetting about the littles/less adventurous people in some of their rides!

I actually think one thing DLR has done is kept a good balance of ride types. Our first trip our kids were 8 and 9 and they were chickens even for their ages and they did not want to ride Space, Indy or Screamin for example even though height was not an issue. This upcoming trip they are now 15 and 14 and we almost cancelled when they found out Screamin was going to be down as they ride that multiple times a day when we visit! My daughter has asked several times why Disney doesn't use the real estate in Bugs Land for something "better". ONce I told her about all the little kids that visit a light bulb went off and she realized, yes, there has to be something for everyone.

Kids are an ever changing customer base at Disney - they need to make sure they entertain from the little ones up to the adults and that everyone needs to remember to respect those not in their category. I hope they keep it a carousel!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter