King Triton’s Carousel at California Adventure to Close March 2

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Based on information from the official Disneyland website, the last day of operation for King Triton’s Carousel on Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure will be March 1, 2018.

The bulk of Paradise Pier is being converted to Pixar Pier, and the carousel is in that heart of that area. California Screamin’, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, the Games of the Boardwalk, and many other shops and restaurants closed on January 8th to start their transformations, but until now the closing date for King Triton’s Carousel hadn’t been released.

Disney has not yet given any details about the future theme of King Triton’s Carousel, but based on sketches that show Jessie standing in front of the attraction, it is expected to be part of the Toy Story neighborhood.

An opening date for Pixar Pier has not been announced.

Source

I'm disappointed. BFF and I never rode it and were hoping it would still be open when we're there.

We will miss the sea creatures, but if they re-theme it to a Toy Story carousel (*fingers crossed*), my TS obsessed 2 year old would be in heaven. Assuming, again, that is reopens before our mid to late June trip.

Wouldn't it be?? Imagine riding Bullseye! If this isn't what they are doing, they sure missed the mark! IMO, of course.. ;)

It does sound exciting, but I hope kids won't be fighting over riding the one Bullseye or the one Slinky Dog or whatever... hopefully there will be multiples of special ones. That is what is nice about the current carousel, if my son wants to ride a dolphin there are lots to choose from. Maybe it will be a bunch of aliens or something

My DD will be heartbroken! It is such a pretty little carousel and perfect for taking her when her big brother goes with DH on rides she’s too little for. I hope it’s not just a different themed carousel for Pixar. If it’s taken away I’d rather it was a real ride.

My DD will be heartbroken! It is such a pretty little carousel and perfect for taking her when her big brother goes with DH on rides she’s too little for. I hope it’s not just a different themed carousel for Pixar. If it’s taken away I’d rather it was a real ride.

If they replaced it with a new ride it would be neat if they could relocate the carousel over near Little Mermaid.

I am so sad! This carousel is gorgeous and I hate the idea of the beautiful creatures being in a warehouse somewhere :(

Craaaaappppp, my son LOVES that carousel! So bummed, I think it is one of the prettiest carousels I've ever seen personally!

My thoughts exactly! :worried: My son has a special seal that he visits every time. He's even named him. We've been going to visit his special buddy for over four years. I'm so sad thinking about breaking the news to him. It was just one of those special little things that ends up a Disney family tradition. I hope Disney can find a new home for this beautiful carousel.

That said, I know the Toy Story one will be amazing. Think they'll sell off the sea creatures if they don't decide to keep the carousel?? LOL:teeth:

Awww, shoot. It's literally the one thing in both parks that I've never ridden. I've always said "next time!"

I can't find it now, but I thought I read that Goofy's Sky School was going? Or majorly changing? Or...maybe getting scratched in favor of King Triton?:teeth:
I can hope!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!