Kidani Two Bedroom Villa Question

DisneyDeb83

Mouseketeer
We are planning a stay with DD and her boyfriend, looking at a two bedroom at Kidani. She wants her privacy, so I’m just curious as to whether the dedicated bedrooms all have doors. When we stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at SS I don’t remember the 2nd bedroom having a door.

Also, what is the ratio of dedicated to lock offs?

TIA!

When we travel with another couple (i.e. my parents), we prefer to book a 2-BR lock-off. My parents take the studio portion so that way, they have their own entrance. My dad is an early riser and so if he wants to go down to the lobby for coffee, he doesn't have to worry about going through the living area (where our kids are usually sleeping) and waking them up. They also have their own kitchenette so they can keep their own stash of snacks and beverages without leaving their room. The lock-off 2BR is set up perfectly for 2 sets of adults or 2 families travelling together who want to maintain privacy. It's just a 1 BR and a studio that connect...it's less points than booking them separately and you are guaranteed to be connected to your travel party. Everyone's MB will open both doors and the "rooms" are treated as one "room" as far as charging privileges, DDP, etc. Also, although there have been scattered reports of it being done, it is not likely that you would be able to cancel one "part" of the room. For example, you couldn't book a lock-off 2BR and then decide to cancel just the studio portion. You booked a 2BR so you have to cancel a 2BR...you can't book a 2BR and cancel a studio. (Like I said, some people have reported that MS allowed them to do it, but it is not standard practice and, IMHO, it should not be allowed at all)

When we travel with another couple (i.e. my parents), we prefer to book a 2-BR lock-off. My parents take the studio portion so that way, they have their own entrance. My dad is an early riser and so if he wants to go down to the lobby for coffee, he doesn't have to worry about going through the living area (where our kids are usually sleeping) and waking them up. They also have their own kitchenette so they can keep their own stash of snacks and beverages without leaving their room. The lock-off 2BR is set up perfectly for 2 sets of adults or 2 families travelling together who want to maintain privacy. It's just a 1 BR and a studio that connect...it's less points than booking them separately and you are guaranteed to be connected to your travel party. Everyone's MB will open both doors and the "rooms" are treated as one "room" as far as charging privileges, DDP, etc. Also, although there have been scattered reports of it being done, it is not likely that you would be able to cancel one "part" of the room. For example, you couldn't book a lock-off 2BR and then decide to cancel just the studio portion. You booked a 2BR so you have to cancel a 2BR...you can't book a 2BR and cancel a studio. (Like I said, some people have reported that MS allowed them to do it, but it is not standard practice and, IMHO, it should not be allowed at all)

Thanks Kristen! I’m renting points from a friend, and was trying for two separate studios, but there is no availability. So I’m figuring we would most likely end up with a dedicated instead of a lock off, otherwise there should be studios available. Just guessing. As long as there’s a door on one of the rooms we should be good. And from looking at some YouTube videos it seems that the master has a door. My spoiled DD will ❤️ that!

This link is for a lockoff 2BR only. There is a door to the 2nd bedroom at the bedroom and another door to their bathroom, but only a doorway leading to that hallway for the 2nd bedroom/bath in a dedicated Kidani 2BR.

So both bedrooms have a measure of privacy?

Yes. There is also a third full bath off the living room area.

That’s great! We only have three nights booked, my friend only has so many points available. Was going to just book 2 values for the first two nights, but may look into staying there for the entire stay!

Thanks everyone for the info!

Every two bedroom on property has doors that close to both the bedrooms.

I wasn’t sure. We stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom, just DH and me, and never used the other room at all, so I couldn’t remember if it was closed off.

Now, you might say, why in the world would you rent a 2 bedroom for two people? Well, a woman on the boards was renting expiring points for 5 bucks a pop, and the only availability for our already booked trip at ASM was a 2 bedroom at SS. It was beautiful, but I felt bad that I couldn’t find anyone to come down with us and enjoy it!

The only issue I find with the two bedrooms is that the fancy tub usually cohabitates with the master bedroom. So if someone is in the master bedroom you can’t use the fancy tub.

Every two bedroom on property has doors that close to both the bedrooms.

The only issue I find with the two bedrooms is that the fancy tub usually cohabitates with the master bedroom. So if someone is in the master bedroom you can’t use the fancy tub.

Some of the older resorts have an open door between the bathroom portion with whirlpool tub to master bedroom. Not much privacy for either parties. And the some of newer ones that have a separate bathroom with the whirlpool tub have a door from the master bedroom like AKV-Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter