Kidani Grocery delivery....Publix?

msaseifert

Hooked on Disney
Has anyone here had recent experience with Instacart/Publix grocery delivery at Kidani? We had everything set up for Safeway but just got an email that they are discontinuing service. I have my cart at Publix loaded for our arrival in 2 weeks...its a big order including a bit (ok ok A LOT) of alcohol. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with them....TIA

We just got that email also. Looked at the Publix site and thought the prices were high! I couldn't even find Coca Cola!

We have used instacart several times a WDW, no issues worth mentioning.

:earsboy: Bill

I found the Instacart/publix option is more affordable than the garden grocer option. We did garden grocer a few times and never had issues with it but usually for smaller orders. This is food for the entire family for the week with most of our meals in our room....especially breakfast & dinner. AND a lot of alcohol just because its cheaper to buy through Instacart than to buy at Disney. We are flying this trip and will only check one bag, the rest we will do carry-ons. For 4 adults for the week (3 bottles of wine, 12 pack beer, 6 pack Mike's Lemonade, 6 pack of Angry Orchard & a 6 pack of Smirnoff - YES we will drink it all) plus dinners to include sandwiches, burgers, chicken, spaghetti, tacos & breakfast foods (we will go through 4 dozen eggs) for 8 days the total is a little over $400. We would spend that much times 2 or 3 if we were doing meals/drinks at Disney prices. I find it more expensive than my home prices but not by too much.

We just used instacart for Publix...only downfall with alcohol is you have to BE THERE when it’s delivered to show your license (proof of age). So we removed the beer from our order,rather than try to guess when we would arrive by ME. Everything was delivered and prices were much cheaper than garden grocer who we always used in the past.

We just used instacart for Publix...only downfall with alcohol is you have to BE THERE when it’s delivered to show your license (proof of age). So we removed the beer from our order,rather than try to guess when we would arrive by ME. Everything was delivered and prices were much cheaper than garden grocer who we always used in the past.

We arrive Tuesday evening so that wont be an issue. I think our flight lands at 4pm, I am thinking a 7-8 delivery time to be on the safe side. This will give us a chance to settle in & maybe go over to Jambo to grab a bite to eat at the quick service while we wait.

Has anyone here had recent experience with Instacart/Publix grocery delivery at Kidani? We had everything set up for Safeway but just got an email that they are discontinuing service. I have my cart at Publix loaded for our arrival in 2 weeks...its a big order including a bit (ok ok A LOT) of alcohol. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with them....TIA

We used Garden Grocer. Prices are not that much different than around here. There is a delivery charge but it is waved if you are spending over a certain amount.

So they were able to leave at bell desk? I am thinking of packing wine in my checked luggage just for this reason. Thanks!

I just placed my Tues delivery order through Publix/Instacart - getting excited to be home soon! Keeping my fingers crossed delivery goes goes smoothly.

Really- the bell services desk won't sign for you?

Regarding alcohol purchases -- I've had mixed results. The first two times I used instacart -- they had no issues leaving the liquor with bell services (although one time they left the liquor with the front desk instead of bell services -- and the groceries were delivered to bell services, so it made it difficult to track everything down -- but i digress). the second time I used instacart, the driver insisted that I had to be at the lobby to get the delivery. He said it was company policy.

So my guess is that it is probably company policy, but perhaps each driver takes their chances with the policy.

Don't think it matters -- but here's the timeline and resorts:

1. November 2017 -- BWV -- ordered groceries and alcohol. everything delivered to bell services. I didn't have to be there at time of delivery.
2. January 2018 -- BCV -- ordered groceries and alcohol. Groceries delivered to bell services -- alcohol went to front desk (there are different drivers for each since groceries were from publix and alcohol came from ABC).
3. April 2018 -- POR -- just alcohol. Driver showed up 40 minutes before scheduled time (I didn't order it until I landed at MCO -- and he was at hotel lobby before I got there). I had to text him a few times saying I was about to arrive and he could just leave with front desk, but he said he couldn't.

So it's possible policy changed after January 2018 -- or I just got lucky with the first two drivers. But certainly plan on being able to sign for the alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter