Kidani Construction Update /Photos

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
I almost forgot that I took pictures of the AKV construction.

What we were told about Kidani:

Every CM we talked to at AKV asked how we liked the villas so far and told us that if we thought the existing AKL is nice, just wait till we see Kidani. Evidently they are going all out. One of the construction managers told us the rooms will be much nicer at Kidani, and we were told that the pool will be the largest one anywhere on Disney property - "bigger than SAB".

Our Animal Keeper friend (from the trip report) told us that the Kidani lobby is planned to go where the current animal barn is going, and that they are almost finished building a new barn for them - which they'll be moving into in a few weeks. Actual Kidani building construction will start when the animals are moved. She was very positive about DVC and the construction - we got no armageddom reports of freaked out animals.

From the construction noise, it sounded like all construction was taking place at the Kidani site - we only heard it in the distance when our balcony doors were open. I am guessing that the Jambo lodge work is mostly cosmetic at this point because we did not hear or see anything major going on.

We did drive by the construction site and it is huge. I can't imagine the sunset savanna rooms being usable anytime between now and Kidani's contruction because they are facing such a major work site. (unless, of course, the site visible in the photos is going to be a barn and Kidani's main construction won't be as visible when it starts) We saw plenty of giraffes calmly feeding close to the active construction fence; it does not seem to be upsetting them at all.

22335544.0c0c92.jpg

22335578.03b0f2.jpg

I assume Kidani Village will be opened in phases starting in early 2009?

Does anyone know the latest timeline?

I almost forgot that I took pictures of the AKV construction.

What we were told about Kidani:

Every CM we talked to at AKV asked how we liked the villas so far and told us that if we thought the existing AKL is nice, just wait till we see Kidani. Evidently they are going all out. One of the construction managers told us the rooms will be much nicer at Kidani, and we were told that the pool will be the largest one anywhere on Disney property - "bigger than SAB".[\QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this contradicts my AKL paperwork. in the public issue statement, it clearly states a 5,000 square foot pool at Kidani Village, and 1,000 square foot "interactive water play area". Considering the main pool at Jambo House is over 7,000 square feet, I cannot see this area being anywhere near the size of SAB. Cast members are know to over exagerate, and this must be the case. I am sure that we will all be happy with what we get over at Kidani Village. Thanks Starbox for some great pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter