Kickin' it at the Fort

View attachment 203612 Quiet early morning. Just me and six month old baby boy. He had a tough morning but a nice walk seems to have calmed him right down

The Fort has that effect on people.

Did you find an early cup of coffee or were you on the porch waiting for Trails End to sell you a cup? :surfweb: :laughing:

Bama Ed

Sorry, just saw this reply.

No I haven't found an early morning coffee source yet. I've been heading out around 5:00-5:30 and walking the loops. Getting about 8 miles and heading towards trails end around 7:00ish. Waiting for a 7:30 opening.

Today was great. Someone came out and gave me a free cup of coffee. Before the place even opened. Much appreciated.

Actually if anyone from the fort reads this. Coffee is a must in the morning. 7:30 is too late. Just a suggestion, have coffee earlier.

We were in loop 400 so we made our cups and made the quick ride over to the porch... The Trails End buffet wasn't open yet. I would recommend having your morning coffee there. It was so peaceful. Watched the sun rise. and listened to all the sounds. Boats and the train at the MK. Cant wait to do it again.......

213 days till we are back. May make a quick trip in February!!

Hey AliceAnn, are those shoes wonderfully propped up on the fence "DIS" green color? Sure looks like it! :thumbsup2 :disrocks: Have fun - Bama Ed

IMG_8047.JPG
My wife and I were able to sneak down on a last minute flight last week and enjoy a little Disney. We did not stay at The Fort but went over for a visit to our regular home away from home. Kicked back and enjoyed a beverage while checking out the decorations. It was our fist time seeing everything decorated for Christmas.

Hey Ed , how are things at the fort? Is the place full up?
Hope you're having a great visit.

Scott

Scott,

I would say it's pretty full. I've noticed relatively few empty sites last night and tonight. The holiday rates expired Sunday and I think there was a good bit of turnover as the folks come in this week for the Marathon events.

You can follow our updates in the group trip report thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wh...cember-into-mid-january-trip-reports.3517654/ It starts getting real for me about page 5.

Bama Ed

Scott, hopefully it will clear out a BIT this weekend. Will let you know, this has been our usual experience though.

My folks are here at WDW with us and they kicked back on the Trails End porch on this sunny day in the 80s. So here is Dad (on the left) and Mom (on the right).

BTW this is Mom's 2nd appearance on the Kickin' It thread. She is also in post #106.

Bama Ed

Good to know the porch is still is there. Was beginning to worry.

The porch is still there, but they removed the bench that was sitting on it next to the takeout doors.

Still got plenty of rocking chairs or are they skimping on them again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!