Just thinking, its getting close, finally!

WeCampDisney

Mouseketeer
Hello friends! I am so excited, our LONG AWAITED Disney vacation is getting close. We couldn't go last year so its been way too long! I know ya'll understand: the excitment, the anticipation, the memories of past trips and ideas for this trip running roughshod over anything else in my mind! My dvd of our last trip is playing on my big plasma in glorious surround sound right now.
I got our reservation in september of last year, requesting the lovely and peaseful 1800 loop. I got our HDDR tickets ordered in june. I think it was in may when I got our MVMCP tickets. A few weeks ago my wife ordered tickets for LaNuba (girls night out). I have reserved a GC for the 8 days. I reserved kennel daycare space for our 2 huskies. I think we are pretty well set with all the Disney stuff except ordering our park tickets, which I will do very soon.
I have ordered a new fabric for the trailer awning and washed the camper. It is looking good but I still need to check out all the systems as we have not used it all year. A few days ago I ordered a new hi def camcorder. after several weeks of research i chose the Canon HF100. It records on SDHC memory cards. It is very very small, is one of the top rated on all the consumer websites, and is one of the least expensive. I found it for $679 at sams.com. I will get a wide angle lens for it and an external mic and a tripod. All of this will help me get the best possible video and sound when I tape Illuminations, Wishes, and Fantasmic. My old video of Illuminations is pretty good but of course now i want the best. Soon I will have to start making my very special Disney Christmas decorations. The idea I have is similar to some others i have seen at the Fort, but kicked up a notch.
We plan to leave east Texas on friday night and drive all the way. My SIL will help with the driving while i nap. With the help of "The Next Exit" I have planned 3 fuel stops and a few rest area stops. Its going to be great knowing exactly where we will stop along the way. With the time zone change, our clock time will be about 21 hours to the Fort, so we will check in on sat. afternoon. The rest of the day we will get the GC, decorate the site, eat, drink, and be merry!
On sunday we will go to AK, returning for dinner at HDDR. Monday is HS including Fantasmic and the Osborn Family Lights. On Teusday we go to MK. We will take an afternoon break back at camp, then return for MVMCP. We loved the old Christmas parade, I hope the new parade is as good. And we love the Holiday version of Wishes! On wed. we will not do a park. Its time for R&R and a little shopping at DTD. At 6 the girls go to LaNuba while us guys babysit. When they get back to camp, SIL and I will go to the Boardwalk. The ESPN bar and the microbrewary sound like fun. On Thurseday, we will spend the day at Epcot. We loved the new Sorin' on our last trip, and this year looking forward to Nemo. The day concludes in Mexico. Margaritas and loaded nachoes are fantastic while relaxing at a lakeside table, waiting on Illuminations! This is my favorite thing to do in all of WDW. Friday and sat are open to whatever we want to do. Friday night probably partying at the Fort. Sat night about 10:00 we have to ... we have to... you know... I can't say it! We will arive back home sunday about 6 pm. So there you have it, my plans are made. My 15 month countdown from making site reservations is now down to a mere 3 mos. I have a few more details to prepare then its about time to hitch up the wagon and head east. " Wagonnnnnn HOOOOOh!!!!!"

What are your dates? We will be there Dec 7-14 and I'm hoping to meet some other DISers... I know 2 others who will be there overlapping days. I think our HDDR is Sunday night as well, late show (though still trying to snap up an earlier one on cancellation). I have always stayed in 1800 and really love it, like you said, very peaceful... love the canal access. We are staying in another loop this year since when I booked in June they only had premium site available. Our ressie CM said we were going to be in Loop 500 (maybe that's the only prem. pet that'll be ready?), but we'll see. I'm thinking of getting a cart on one of our off-days, we've never done that before and I would love to do some motorized looping... ped. looping is for healthy people! Hope to see ya there... 2 mo 4 wks 1 day to go!!!

Sounds like you've got it together! Also sounds like my trip! :laughing: We'll be there December 13-26!!!!!:banana:

What are your dates? We will be there Dec 7-14 and I'm hoping to meet some other DISers... I know 2 others who will be there overlapping days. I think our HDDR is Sunday night as well, late show (though still trying to snap up an earlier one on cancellation). I have always stayed in 1800 and really love it, like you said, very peaceful... love the canal access. We are staying in another loop this year since when I booked in June they only had premium site available. Our ressie CM said we were going to be in Loop 500 (maybe that's the only prem. pet that'll be ready?), but we'll see. I'm thinking of getting a cart on one of our off-days, we've never done that before and I would love to do some motorized looping... ped. looping is for healthy people! Hope to see ya there... 2 mo 4 wks 1 day to go!!!

Looking forward to seeing you and other disers! We will be checking in dec 6, checking out dec 14. We have catagory 1 seating for the 7:15 show. In Dec '06, our SIL was the brave Indian scout, he was a hoot, we had a great time! Keep calling every day for that full-hookup change to get into the 1800 loop. I called today just to check and see if all was still in order. The castmember said that they are adding cable but the 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 loops are still going to be classified as full hookup.She said the 100, 200, 300 loops will still be preferred , and the others will be premium. The 1500 and 2000 will still be partial. I was happy to hear that the 1800 will still be the full hookup and now have cable. I like to watch the WDW channel when going to bed. Anyway, see you there.

Ya'll are gonna have a great time,,,:thumbsup2
if the anticipation don't do you in first.

Hope your everyday is Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Daa-Day !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter