Just returned - 10/23-10/29 - Complete!

queenmum2 said:
DS really got into it (made his Dad proud!).
Good for DS. :thumbsup2

I tasted the kraut, too and liked it. Now, I normally don't like saurkraut, but this was milder than other krauts I've tried.
Probably had some sugar in it...a tip I learned to make "Kraut" less krauty.

DH liked his meal, but wasn't bowled over. The bratwurst came on way too much bread...that was his main complaint.
Sounds like me...would rather have more Brat & less Bread. :smooth:

This is a great report. And like others I'm glad you're illustrating the ease & logic of "sharing" counter service meals. Keep them coming! :teeth:

hound

Sunday - 10/29 - we got up early and packed everything up to check out of the WL :sad: : Fortunately for us, the time changed Sunday a.m. so we had an "extra hour" to get everything done before our last hoorah at the MK.

For once, we actually made it to the MK before park opening - and so we got to see the characters come in on the train and do the song and dance. Yay!

Now - on to meals:

We skipped breakfast entirely as the line at the Main Street Bakery was just about out the door and we didn't want to take the last precious hours waiting in line. We had packed some small snacks to get us through.

Fortunately for us, Columbia Harbor House opened early for lunch - we got there at about 10:50 (felt like 11:50 to our tummies) and had our pick of counters. This time we actually "cheated" the system. DS really wanted fish and chicken. DD wanted chicken. DH wanted fish & chicken. I wanted to try the ham sandwich and the clam chowder.

So - DH stood in one line and ordered what he wanted to eat. I stood in another and got one fish/chicken basket and one soup/sandwich combo. 3 CS credits gone (and 2 left on our card). This worked out just fine for us.

The kids went upstairs to find a table -- I was hoping for one by a window and since the place was deserted, it could have easily been had. But they picked the table right by the stairs. Oh well - no biggie.

We all tasted the fish and chicken. Both were very good. My sandwich was very good too. I wouldn't say I LOVED it, but it was good. My soup was yummy. The deserts -- back to the cake-in-a-cup. Nothin' to write home about.

Overall a nice place to eat.

Rating: :goodvibes :goodvibes

Having dining credits remaining, we planned on stopping by Roaring Forks on the way to pick up our car and go home. I couldn't remember exactly how many credits we had left. I knew we had a table service credit left over that could be converted to a CS. So before ordering sandwiches for the road, I asked the CM at the register if he could check my card. He said that he couldn't check it until I checked out with something. So - thinking I had 2 CS and 1 TS left, I ordered 3 sandwich meals. Two ham and one turkey. Got a fountain drink and 2 bottled waters, plus 3 pkg of grapes to round out the meals. When I got to the counter, the cashier said that I had only one CS credit remaining. I told him I wanted to convert my TS credit so he did that and I ended up leaving him with one of the ham sandwich meals. If only he could have checked my credits beforehand, we wouldn't have had that problem.

Now - the sandwiches. The lady at the counter graciously wrapped the sandwiches for travel. We took an empty bag and hit the ice machine. Luckily we had a small cooler in the car so that we could keep the sandwiches for dinner.

We stopped at a McDonalds off of I-95 so that everyone could have a drink and to get some "extras" to stretch the 2 sandwiches. That was a good thing, because nobody really liked the turkey sandwich. I remember reading the descriptions and thinking they sounded good - but the cheese on the turkey was not to anyone's liking. It might have been brie, which I usually like - but didn't like in combo with the turkey and whatever spread was on it. Once I took off the top bread and cheese, I could eat the turkey and bottom bread but nobody else wanted to mess with it. The ham and cheese was good, but not outstanding. Overall, I'm glad we didn't depend on these sandwiches for our entire dinner. They were huge, but not that good.

Rating: :goodvibes

So that was the end of our CS adventures. I'll post the TS reviews in another post soon. Thanks, all, for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter