Just Remembering my childhood

tirby

Mouseketeer
I remember being so excited about going to Disneyland when I was younger. Like 7 or 8. Then I got the treat of a lifetime. My mother was dating the son of Walt Disneys house keeper .In the earlyto mid 70's. I did not see any of the family that I can recall. But there were a few people there. I was only about 5 or 6.
I honestly don't remember a lot about the house. But I do remember a little train that went around his Backyard that was like a giant rose garden. Someone drove us around the back yard one time. Again not sure who(Flowers and plants everywhere) I also remember the Kitchen. HUGE stainless steel frig. doors. (when your young everything seems big) funny thing to remember.
I remember a small Film theater in the back yard where me and my sister watched old micky films. It has theater chairs and everything. I also remember a pool (I think it was in the shape of mickys head) and 2 seperate changing rooms for the pool. One for Micky (men) and one for Minnie (girls).
The house keeper Taught us how to make paper dolls.
That is a trip I will never forget. And now taking my own children to Disneyland is all the more special!

what a beautiful memory, and it is true that taking your kids to DL is the greatest feeling!

Wow! What a great memory! Do you have any photographs taken from there? I would love to see some! How wonderful it is for you to have such a neat story to pass down to your family. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

I wish I did! My mom did take a few of us on the train but our home was destroyed COMPLEATLY in a fire around 1980 and nothing worth keeping made it.

I don't have any good memories about Disneyland when I was a child. I remember going there with my dad and sister and my dad did not want to stand in line for the rides or go on them. we went on the car ride (can't remember what the name of it is) and now I won't go on that ride because it remids me of how awful I thought Disneyland was when I was a kid. :guilty: but now I'm 26 and my husband and I have created new memories and very good ones at Disneyland :) and he even let's me take pictures with most of the main characters and doesn't ever get mad. :teeth: where my dad got very upset every time I wanted a pic with Minnie mouse or any other character and you know, when your a child everything in Disneyland is suppose to be magical not awful. It just really sucked :furious: but I'm glad I have new memories to hold on to and am able to make new ones thanks to my husband. He loves Disneyland just as much as I do and that's a lot. Were going there this Dec for 9 days and I just wanna cry because Im soooooo happy. :sad1:

lovedisneyland,
hey I just wanted to share something with you. WEchoose to learn what not to do when we grow up. Learn from the mistakes of others.
That is what I think you can get from it.
I had som BAD memories as a teen but you know I refuse to let that have any affect on who I am and how I see things.
I challange you to go an, autopia, or what ever ride it is and make ALL of Disneyland a happy place for you to be.
How lucky you are to have a great guy to create a whole new world with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter