Just made our ressies!!!!!

• Thread starter pixie dust gal!
  • Start date
P

pixie dust gal!

Hi Barry and Robin and all my pals!

I have been away from these boards for awhile (but keeping tabs);)

At the insistance of one fine-tightly-clad masked marvel (HEAR THAT ROBIN????), I am heading down there again this summer. We went for a few days back in February - stayed at PBH kids suite. Now we are doing 10 days at HRH - kids suite. Stayed in the kids suite last summer at HRH and loved it so much - we are doing it again. Not doing Disney this time though. 10 days at HRH and hoping that isn't too long of a stay. I always think it is, but then when I get there, I love it so much I can picture doing the whole 10 days while I am there. I love PBH a little more, but the kids wanted HRH again.

Hopefully, we can stir the boards up again.................

;) ;) ;)

PDG

We love the kidsuites at PBH! How did their kidsuites compare to hrh's?

The concept of the kid's suite is great. However, I have 16 and 11 yr old boys. We are planning a trip to HRH and both parks. A double room just sounds a little tight for the 4 of us.

Suggestions? :cool:

nhrenee! How are you??????????? I am glad to see you are still faithful and sticking to this site! The kids suite at the PBH, although it is very juvenile in their design (castle or sailboats), is bigger and roomier than the suite at HRH. HRH has a table and 4 chairs, 2 twin beds, armoire with tv and draws in it and a separate dresser - but the BEST?????? the kids room has their own bathroom! They have a shower stall, pedestal sink and toilet. Then the master br is one big room with a king bed and a livingroom area with a sofabed, 2 end tables, coffee table, tv dresser and a huge bathroom - plus a walkin closet. The other nice touch is that there is a wall that curves around the br suite once you enter the room - so, if you are answering the door for room service, no one can see into the room - nice touch!

ritzy, I think it is a perfect idea for your kids. Mine are 12 and 17 and they get to watch their own tv shows, movies, or just listen to music and we get to have our own privacy. They like having their own space too. It works for us.

Any questions just ask.

:) :D

Pixie,

What rate did you get for this kidsuite? I was interested in whether or not you can get entertainment or other discount. Thanks in advance

PDG! Hello, hello! I'm terrific, hope you are same!

How did the HRH stuff all that in a kidsuite smaller than the PBH? Is the kid's part of the kidsuite smaller at HRH than at PBH? I wish the kid's had their own little bath at PBH too!

Sleepy,
We are paying a fan club rate of $289 a night.

Rhrenee,

I re-read my post and it does sound bigger than PBH doesn't it? HA HA. You know how spread out the kids rooms is at PBH - you can walk all around the room and not come close to furnishings - at HRH at the foot of the twin beds is the armoire with tv and draws - well, between the armoire and beds is just enough space to walk between the two on your way to the bath; and barely enough! But, the kids say they don't even notice. They like it fine. It is long and narrow not square like PBH - does that make any sense???????????? If not, just ask again.:confused:

That does make sense! Thanks. Do you have access to the club room when you stay in a kidsuite at HRH? I shared a club level room with Molokai gram in Feb and it was awesome to be able to get coffee and breakfast goodies there.

nhrenee,

You shared a room with Molokai???????? How FUN was that? All through these boards????? I think that is the BEST! Was it great? You must tell me how much fun you all had.

In answer to your question, I have always been too late in getting the kids suite on the club floor - there are only 2 on that floor. But guess what????? I did get to request it this time as they are not spoken for on my dates. YEAH!!! So, tell me if you can, what you enjoyed most about being on that floor.

Thanks,

PDG:bounce:

Oh, you missed all the threads about "MG-con", lol! That's what Barry named the gathering in early Feb. Donna and I shared a room for 3 nights! Also, around that weekend was H20jag and family, Barry, Robert Walker, MsDisney, MIB999999, Kelly Monaghan, Rocketman, Suzysezo and family and Robvia! We had 14 for lunch at Mythos. It was amazing, even more so because I had never met any of these people in person. During the trip Barry, MG and I got to meet "Earl" and "notatourist" showed up for a few minutes at lunch. A very unforgettable trip!!

What I really enjoyed about club level was getting breakfast in the morning. I have to have my morning java. It was terrific to be able to grab a beer or a cup of tea to enjoy before bed. We only ate the evening snacks the first night we were there. Usually we never got back to the hotel until around 11pm! Whew! We never got to use the pool! Oh, and the view we had was amazing. We could see both parks, the back of citywalk and the whole pool area. The down side was the slight bass noise from the music played in the evening (by the pool).

Barry posted some pictures. He probably posted them late Feb/early march.

nhrenee,

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! How fun was that! You got to meet everyone on these boards practically and I bet you felt like you were meeting up with old friends! That must have been some laugh-fest at Mythos! How could you not have used the pool? At all? You are some BUSY lady............ lol

I am off to search for the pix and some posts on this...........

PDG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter