just loving this

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
I am off for the whole week :banana: the weather is changing...its overcast and very cool....I made a pot of coffee and some cinnamon cake and now I can sit here :surfweb: and relax, doing what I love to do most...talk about DL :lovestruc let the fun begin :teeth:

Sadly I have school but for the moment I'm free to talk about DL :goodvibes Seriously, on Sunday in So. Cal it was cold and it even rained! We got a pumpkin and carved it already! We don't really celebrate Halloween because we're christians. Yeah I know some Christians do and I don't see anything wrong with it, we just go to a church carnival instead of trick or treating as not to confuse my little sister. I want to be the queen of hearts and my little sister, Violet from the incredibles.

I love fall + Disneyland!

Next trip in only 32 more days! :banana:

dohgusgus said:
We don't really celebrate Halloween because we're christians. Yeah I know some Christians do and I don't see anything wrong with it, we just go to a church carnival instead of trick or treating

Im christian too but I love Halloween...I think a big reason is because summer is finally OVER :woohoo: and the weather changes...trees are so beautiful and I get so happy...my dd is grown so we dont do trick or treating anyways and I have done the carnival thing as well...but I love seeing the kids in costume and all the decorations on houses as well...I have about 53 days left till my trip to DL and I cant wait :cloud9:

disneegrl4eva said:
Im christian too but I love Halloween...I think a big reason is because summer is finally OVER :woohoo: and the weather changes...trees are so beautiful and I get so happy...my dd is grown so we dont do trick or treating anyways and I have done the carnival thing as well...but I love seeing the kids in costume and all the decorations on houses as well...I have about 53 days left till my trip to DL and I cant wait :cloud9:

You have a whole week off?? You're so lucky! I hope you have a great time :) I would love to take time off work but I'm too busy. :(

I love fall and winter. I'm disgruntled in the summer time due to the heat! :rotfl:

BTW, I grew up in a Christian school and what I never understood was how they were so adamantly against Halloween, yet on Oct. 31st (every year), they forced us to have "Colonial Day." The boys were given an option of dressing like an Indian, Cowboy or President. The girls could be a President's wife or an Indian. They gave us a short list of "acceptable" U.S. Presidents & President's Wives that we could be. I always hated it because my costume made me feel like I was supposed to churn some butter! :lmao:

eatmypixiedust said:
You have a whole week off?? You're so lucky! I hope you have a great time :) I would love to take time off work but I'm too busy. :(

I love fall and winter. I'm disgruntled in the summer time due to the heat! :rotfl:

BTW, I grew up in a Christian school and what I never understood was how they were so adamantly against Halloween, yet on Oct. 31st (every year), they forced us to have "Colonial Day." The boys were given an option of dressing like an Indian, Cowboy or President. The girls could be a President's wife or an Indian. They gave us a short list of "acceptable" U.S. Presidents & President's Wives that we could be. I always hated it because my costume made me feel like I was supposed to churn some butter! :lmao:

good grief pix :rotfl: churning butter....I went to school my whole life in christian private schools and in elementary we always dressed up on halloween...I dont understand none of it :confused3

I think the reasons some christian churches/schools are against Halloween because it has pagan roots. But come on, how many people do you know nowadays who actually worship Satan on Halloween. Sure, it happens but its not what halloween is celebrated as. To me its just a great way to get FREE candy :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter