Just found out son has peanut and tree nut allergy

Have you been able to enjoy any ice cream or sweet treats?

Yes but I can also eat stuff that is processed in facilities, (I have only had 2 reactions in my whole life from "processed in facilities" ) I don't think my allergy is quite as severe as your son's, also as an adult who is in control and has been dealing with it for years I think I am just more willing to gamble once in awhile because I always have benadryl with me and epi pen so it I can be in charge of my own body. It is different with kids especially when they are young and can't tell you or really know what is going on. (One of my best friends' daughter has the same allergy as me but she is 2 we call her my allergy twin LOL)

Sorry that was really rambly, the answer is yes but I can tell you right now there will be certain places that are just going to be out from the get go, The French Bakery in Epcot like 90% of the the pastries are made with almond flour. That is sadly all I can think of off the top of my head sorry if I think of any others I will post them here. There will for sure be things to try if nothing else there is always cotton candy 100% sugar 100% allergy safe :thumbsup2 Honestly the best thing to do is just ask, the cast members want to help and they want to make sure everyone is safe and taken care of, every restaurant the manager should know but if they don't they all have a bible that lists everything they serve and what is in it and any allergy information they can consult.

Also like someone mentioned they have special allergy safe bags for trick or treating, last year they were at the desk when you first walked into town square theatre (where Mickey and Tink are) but there was information on the special maps for the event.

Yes but I can also eat stuff that is processed in facilities, (I have only had 2 reactions in my whole life from "processed in facilities" ) I don't think my allergy is quite as severe as your son's, also as an adult who is in control and has been dealing with it for years I think I am just more willing to gamble once in awhile because I always have benadryl with me and epi pen so it I can be in charge of my own body. It is different with kids especially when they are young and can't tell you or really know what is going on. (One of my best friends' daughter has the same allergy as me but she is 2 we call her my allergy twin LOL)

Sorry that was really rambly, the answer is yes but I can tell you right now there will be certain places that are just going to be out from the get go, The French Bakery in Epcot like 90% of the the pastries are made with almond flour. That is sadly all I can think of off the top of my head sorry if I think of any others I will post them here. There will for sure be things to try if nothing else there is always cotton candy 100% sugar 100% allergy safe :thumbsup2 Honestly the best thing to do is just ask, the cast members want to help and they want to make sure everyone is safe and taken care of, every restaurant the manager should know but if they don't they all have a bible that lists everything they serve and what is in it and any allergy information they can consult.

Also like someone mentioned they have special allergy safe bags for trick or treating, last year they were at the desk when you first walked into town square theatre (where Mickey and Tink are) but there was information on the special maps for the event.

I would say any shop they make candy apples is probably and most pastry cases as they share with tree nuts and peanut items (sometimes directly touching each out) and then definitly Norway bakery! That is the only place I ever saw a reaction in my 2 years as a CM. A little boy found a shaved almond piece and either touched it or put it in his mouth or whatever and just seeing that call broke my heart. Reddy Creek (disney ems) was there so so fast but he was already swelling up and the legit ran on ran him to the ambulance and raced off. Not to scare you OP but that particular bakery seems like a better to stay away and not risk it deal.

Table service restaurants like Beaches and Cream and The Plaza will do ice cream. The chef or manager takes a special order and the ice cream is scooped in a safe location. If you have a villa, you could bake. I bake brownies, cookies, cake. That way my daughter has treats too. She is quite happy with the ice cream.

If you are flying, tell your airline. They should let you preboard to wipe down the area, they may also ask people in the rows around you to refrain from eating nuts.

You'll get used to this. Disney is great with allergies. I'd do a sweep of your own home for nuts. Once your house is nut free, you will find that having a safe zone is freeing. At home we don't eat out. We have a few places we go. Disney is our happy place because we get to have fun meals like everyone else.

We only have a studio this time, so no oven to bake. Like i said this is all new to me, but after the awful incident we cleaned the house of anything with or made in factory with nuts.Even my face wash had nuts in it! I am having a hard time trying new things or foods with him because i am so nervous. I did come across the brand Enjoy Life that sells chocolate chips for baking and they have a line of cookies. Any brands you recommend? I also have not found an ice cream brand that i trust yet to try.

Thanks for your info

You will find that bread and baked goods are pretty much a no go, at home and at Disney. You will have to make your own or source them from dedicated, nut free bakeries.

Last edited:
I would say any shop they make candy apples is probably and most pastry cases as they share with tree nuts and peanut items (sometimes directly touching each out) and then definitly Norway bakery! That is the only place I ever saw a reaction in my 2 years as a CM. A little boy found a shaved almond piece and either touched it or put it in his mouth or whatever and just seeing that call broke my heart. Reddy Creek (disney ems) was there so so fast but he was already swelling up and the legit ran on ran him to the ambulance and raced off. Not to scare you OP but that particular bakery seems like a better to stay away and not risk it deal.

I know it might sound silly since he will only be a year and half, but I want him to be able to enjoy the sweets i did. I know that will not happen and for now he wont care, but as he gets older I know he will want to have what he sees all the other kids enjoying. Like i said Im a first time mom so i guess i am a little crazy!! I know my husband and I used to live on mickey rice crispys and frozen ice cream treats, but now we will have to find something else. Which i am totally ok with because after seeing how bad his reaction was, my husband and I eat nothing that could harm him. That was the worst day of my life!

We only have a studio this time, so no oven to bake. Like i said this is all new to me, but after the awful incident we cleaned the house of anything with or made in factory with nuts.Even my face wash had nuts in it! I am having a hard time trying new things or foods with him because i am so nervous. I did come across the brand Enjoy Life that sells chocolate chips for baking and they have a line of cookies. Any brands you recommend? I also have not found an ice cream brand that i trust yet to try.

Thanks for your info
Oreos are nut free, Nilla wafers as well. Ice cream in the states is tough. We have Chapmans in Canada. Labelling in the US isn't as good as Canada. You will have to contact the manufacturers most times to get the inside scoop on allergens. When I do my grocery order for Florida, I need to research the allergy info for the products I purchase. For baking Ghiardelli chocolate chips are safe for my daughter. I'm not a fan of Enjoy Life. I've also packed baked goods for my daughter in our luggage. Make sure you bring food for your son while travelling. Airports seem to be particularly tough for finding nut free food.

I know it might sound silly since he will only be a year and half, but I want him to be able to enjoy the sweets i did. I know that will not happen and for now he wont care, but as he gets older I know he will want to have what he sees all the other kids enjoying. Like i said Im a first time mom so i guess i am a little crazy!! I know my husband and I used to live on mickey rice crispys and frozen ice cream treats, but now we will have to find something else. Which i am totally ok with because after seeing how bad his reaction was, my husband and I eat nothing that could harm him. That was the worst day of my life!

I totally understand. I only deal with allergies 2nd hand (i.e. A friend and then my step newphew who I never see) so I don't get the full experience. I think one day you may find out he can have Mickey bars and rice crispys but for now it is easier to focus on stuff not even made with shared equipment.

For ice cream treats let him have a dole whip! I've never heard of peanuts or tree nuts around that cart so should be pretty safe.

For ice cream treats let him have a dole whip! I've never heard of peanuts or tree nuts around that cart so should be pretty safe.

I forgot about dole whip, lol, ya i feel like the place you get at MK only sells that and no other treats, il look into that

Dole Whips are safe!

I know how you feel right now. When my dd was diagnosed, it brought me a sense of control to know there were treats out there she could still have. I researched it like crazy.

Oh just remembered that the Contemporary Bakery team makes cakes for the Wilderness Lodge. They will make a custom cake for you that is nut safe. Here is their email

wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com

You could get a cake made for your trip. I have done this many times. That way dd has something really special.

IMG_0997.JPG

We had this one made in 2015. Only $23 dollars. An amazing deal!

The donuts from the Joffrey's coffee kiosks are nut safe. It's one of the only places dd can eat a donut.

Oh just remembered that the Contemporary Bakery team makes cakes for the Wilderness Lodge. They will make a custom cake for you that is nut safe. Here is their email

wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com

You could get a cake made for your trip. I have done this many times. That way dd has something really special.

View attachment 256331

We had this one made in 2015. Only $23 dollars. An amazing deal!

The donuts from the Joffrey's coffee kiosks are nut safe. It's one of the only places dd can eat a donut.
Thats good to know!! Thank you!!

My son does not have a nut allergy, but he is 6 and cannot have artificial food dye (which is in all the sweet treats kids are attracted to!) He hasn't been able to have it for 3 1/2yrs now and is truly OK when others have it and he doesn't. So don't worry about that scenario! We always have to send something else to birthday parties because he usually can't eat the cake or ice cream. He doesn't bat an eye. And if we forget, he just asks when he gets home if you can have a sweet treat since you couldn't have anything at the party. No tantrums, no complaints. He will be more ok with it than you think when he sees kids eating things he can't have. And you will find alternatives. It will just take a bit of time.

My son does not have a nut allergy, but he is 6 and cannot have artificial food dye (which is in all the sweet treats kids are attracted to!) He hasn't been able to have it for 3 1/2yrs now and is truly OK when others have it and he doesn't. So don't worry about that scenario! We always have to send something else to birthday parties because he usually can't eat the cake or ice cream. He doesn't bat an eye. And if we forget, he just asks when he gets home if you can have a sweet treat since you couldn't have anything at the party. No tantrums, no complaints. He will be more ok with it than you think when he sees kids eating things he can't have. And you will find alternatives. It will just take a bit of time.
So true. Dd is the exact same.

Oh - and don't stress if the only thing he ends up eating is goldfish and watermelon. I was stressed over the fact that my son ate only goldfish, cereal and bananas the first time we went until I realized that som parents are probably stressing over the fact that their child has only eaten mac and cheese and french fries for an entire week. It's one week - just focus on getting food into him!

Ditto. I took my oldest for the first time when he was just over 2 years old. He has a rare and severe food allergy condition and only had 20 total foods in his diet. Most of them fruits and veggies, but we made preparations to have safe meals for him. The only things he ate the entire time were yogurt, soft serve ice cream, and he nursed often. But he was happy and healthy and he went home and ate normally again. So don't fret over it if he doesn't eat as healthy on vacation.

Same here with all three of my children. Oldest is turning 9 next month and my twins turn 6 this weekend. My oldest can occasionally have a dessert option or treat at a party, but it's still rare. My twins are grain free, egg free, milk free, soy free and more so they are never able to have the same treats we have or that other kids have. And 99% of the time they are totally fine with it. Once in a blue moon they'll ask but they are thrilled with whatever I'm able to give them and it doesn't have to be what everyone else is eating.

I am thinking maybe since he never had them he wont care that he cant have them because he wont know what they taste like? And someone did mention Dole Whip may be safe for him. Im going to look into maybe making something similar to mickey rice krispie treats at home. I have to look into if he can have that cereal and marshmallows.

I am thinking maybe since he never had them he wont care that he cant have them because he wont know what they taste like? And someone did mention Dole Whip may be safe for him. Im going to look into maybe making something similar to mickey rice krispie treats at home. I have to look into if he can have that cereal and marshmallows.
or make with cereal he can have. would assume marshmallows would be safe. I know Mickey ice cream bars are not listed as safe as least last time that grandson was there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter