just back fron our first visit home

little nell

Earning My Ears
our first visit home was wonderful! first time away without the kids in eighteen years! We bought sight unseen at VWL and we were not disappointed. Had a studio but toured the other accomodations. The room was immaculate. Small (large) problems encountered were 1. t&t day service took four towels and replaced them with one 2. transportation- we had two lovely nights of romantic dinners planned but the transportation issues after 9pm put the damper on any romance. The first night we tried the buses, we left the restaraunt at 10:30pm and arrived back in our room at 12:15 am, so the second night I thought I'd call a taxi as I didn't want to go to Victoria and Alberts on the bus, my DH uses a wheelchair and the contracted taxi service has w/c transport. the taxi had us late for the dinner, then to go back, they called for a taxi and an hour later we were still waiting. Manager of the Grand Floridian got involved. So lets hope some letter writing will get some sort of action with this transportation stuff.
BUT I'm thrilled with everything else about our new home

hi: glad you like your new "home"! we usually have a rental car to make the transportation issues less of a problem. it's always felt a little "different" to leave the kids at home, but we get over it fairly quickly. when's your next trip scheduled?

We went on our first trip home in Aug. at VWL. My DW and I were very sorry we couldn't do it sooner! We have been to WDW 5 times in 8 years. We always stayed in one of the Mods with the exception of last year when we stayed at the Poly following our 7-day trip aboard the Magic.
We rented a car for the first time and from now on always will. We like to eat at all the other resorts and found that the bus system takes to much time to get around.
I am glad that like us, you had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter