Just Back From WDW.....

brancam2003

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone..Just got back from WDW and what a fabulous trip we had. Everything was wonderful. We got there a couple of days early and got to stay at ASSp. The boys loved the idea of doing 2 resorts. We then checked into our room at ASMo. It was great. Everything about it was wonderful. The rooms were clean and smelled good. It was hot when we were down there but we didn't care because we were in Disney World. If anyone has questions, go ahead and ask. I would love to answer them.
Tina
:Pinkbounc

Hi Tina,
Welcome back, glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip! How was the trip down? How did you enjoy the ASMo resort? Did you get to ride Mission Space? What was your favorite place to eat? Will you be doing a trip report? I would love to hear it!
Kelsey's Mom

How was the weather.... I've heard it has rained a lot. Do you just go to the parks regardless of weather?

Welcome Back Tina! Glad to hear you and your boys had a great time!

We will be staying ASMo in Nov. ( same time as Kelsey'sMom- and hoping to do the Illuminations Meet while we are there *hint-hint Kelsey'sMom-we would love to meet another Cdn. DISer*).

What buildings were you in, Tina? We have asked for Toy Story or Mighty Ducks. And did you use the WDW Transportation system?

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

KDawn Lily,
Hi I sent you a pm. Tell me about the IllumiNations Meet?
Hope to hear from you soon,
Kelsey's Mom

Welcome back and happy to hear you had a great trip. Did you find any difference between the two resorts? I'm sure your boys loved them.

An awesome time!! Trip reports next...? Would love to read!:D
Mary Beth

Welcome back Tina! Glad to hear you had a great time! I always enjoy our stays at the All Star Resorts, too! :)

The trip was fine..Lots of tolls in New Jersey. That threw us off a bit. We didn't know what to expect. I wrote them down so that on the way back I knew what we needed for money(change). The road construction was fine since we were on a weekend. We came back up on a weekday and found the roads were less congested. Go figure. We thought we would need extra days for that. My husband is the commando driver. He likes to travel at night when it is quiet on the road.
The weather was great. Really humid so it was no surprise and it does rain every afternoon there. The dollar store rain jackets I picked up came as the biggest investment. The boys loved it and loved playing in the puddles. We did more shopping when it rained. We did get caught in a bus shelter at downtown Disney. It was thundering and lightening and a bit scary but we got through it. We knew we were just waiting to go in to have dinner at Rain Forest Cafe. Which was great. The boys loved it. They kept saying they would eat there every night. It was more expensive then we thought it would be but for our big treat I didn't mind spending. And we got some beautiful glasses out of it.
The resort was great. I can't say enough about the All Star Resorts. There was nothing negative about it. The best thing we did was ask for an end unit. It was more quiet and easier to sleep at night. Not that sleeping was hard to do after a day on our feet. My poor feet will never recover. I had one really nice thing happen that I wanted to share. I was at Magic Kingdom and it was the end of the day. I wore my keds that day to switch up from sandles. Big mistake. Didn't realize how much they would hurt. I didn't want to complain and make it worse. My kids kept saying "Mom, your heels are bleeding." We were in line for the carousel that my 8 year old wanted to go on. I was going to go over to the first aid station right after. Then this lady comes over to me in the line and hands me 2 band-aids. I didn't think it was that obvious but she noticed. She said she was in the same boat as me last year and wanted to help. I was floored. I kept saying Thank-you but she was like don't mention it and blew it off. Wasn't that nice to do. I carried band-aids for the rest of the trip in case of anything. I will never forget that act of kindness.
Anyway, before I get long winded and this turns into a trip report, which I hope to get out soon. School starts pretty soon and I'm trying to get everything organized. My boys are visiting their grandparents for the next week and half. Gives me a chance to clean up their rooms with out them here.
Tina

Originally posted by brancam2003
Gives me a chance to clean up their rooms with out them here.
Tina
:) That is the best way to clean kids' rooms. I end up with garbage bags full of junk that, if they were there, they would swear was precious to them and had to be kept. ;) Happy cleaning. :) I really enjoyed your report and look forward to reading your full trip report.

Loved reading your mini report, Tina! Took me right back to my own quick trip last week! How very nice of that good samaritan to give you bandaids for your poor feet!

Good luck with your cleaning! I've got a couple of "junk" drawers in my teenager's rooms to go through when they are back at school, stuffed with old papers and just plain junk that I know they don't even remember they have and will never miss. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter