Just back from our wet but wonderful week

yoko

Mouseketeer
Our family of four plus two puppies spent last week at site #855. We had great time. I think, though, that next time I would like to camp there when it is a little cooler and drier.

Camp fire program---There was quite a thunderstorm on Sat, Aug 2. At 8 pm, it was still drizzling. The singing lady moved the sing-along show to the poolside porch but no Chip & Dale. At about 8:30, the rain stopped and she moved us back to the main theater area for marshmallow roasting and Monsters, Inc. I bought a s'mores kit for a little less than $6, which included two sticks, a small bag of marshmallows, graham crackers, and two Hersey bars. There was more than enought to save for another night. --- On Wed, Aug 6, the singing lady did her show and C&D made their round. We used up the rest of s'mores kit. But as soon as the movie (Fox and the houd) started, a rather vigorous thunderstorm came along. We had to leave.

Bus transport---We were at #855 thus on the Orange line route. It seems like there were a lot more Purple and Yellow busses around than the Orange busses. Is that really true or is it just our impression? At any rate, we thought the wait was a little bit aggreavting at times, but not enough to make us mad.

Boat transport---We were able to walk to the Marina, so going to MK was very fast and easy. On Thursday night, we left immediately after they announced the cancellation of Spectro. The boat we took ended up following the electrical barge parade. It was fun to watch them from the boat even though we got soaking wet through the ponchos.

Weather---It rained every afternoon. No exception. The smartest pre-trip purchase I made was those 87 cents disposable ponchos from Wal-Mart. We threw in four ponchos and water bottles into our backpack every day, and we got to use them every day. They were handy at Kali River Rapids as well. DUe to the rain, though, we did not get to ride our bikes or swim at the campground pool at all.

I'm glad you had a good time despite of the rain.

We were there the week before last and like you, it rained! A LOT!

We did the campfire 1 night. I really was alot of fun. We never did get to see the Water parade.

Also, we did not get to swim at the resort pool at all. We were always busy and with the rain and all. Funny the children weren't that upset about no swimming. Spending one whole day at TL made up for it all.

You are very brave camping. We stayed in a cabin and on the rainy nights it was very cozy. I'm not sure I would last too long in a tent/trailer.LOL

My husband insist that we will only be staying at Ft.W cabins whenever we can return to WDW.

Thanks for sharing.

We just got back from spending 13 nights at FW. We were in the 900 loop and used the orange bus also. We noticed alot more purple and yellow busses also!! I think it was because the orange bus went to the ttc. But that came in pretty handy if you wanted to go to the ttc. A couple of times we stayed right on the bus to go to the ttc, then took the monorail to Epcot.
We were a little disappointed when they canceled the movie because of rain. We were looking forward to watching Blackbeards Ghost one night, but it got rained out. I wish they would have a place inside to watch the movie on rainy nights.
FTW is a beautiful campground. We will miss it since we are not planning to go again for a couple of years.

We will miss it since we are not planning to go again for a couple of years.
Beware, Camper!! If you continue to hang out here on the DIS, you may catch the bug earlier than you think!! ;)

How neat that we all were there at about the same time! My DS wanted nothing more than to do the campfire, and we sure had terrible weather for it. Finally saw Rescuers Down Under, but it was very cold and so humid that we went home damp. We were there at the same time last year, so knew about the "rain you can set your watch by", but the thunder and lightening this time was really unreal. A little scary! I give the CM's credit trying to spread cedar shavings everywhere so the rigs didn't get stuck pulling in and out of the sites. We were in the 300 loop, and some of those big rigs were making some mighty big ruts...
Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter