Just back from HRH!

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Just back from 4 nights at HRH, our second stay there. We were able to get an APH rate, and I will recommend that you check APH rates frequently before your trip - we had several different rates and room types come available in the 2 weeks before our trip and I called to change about 3-4 times. Our room was ready around 2pm and we did have to return to the desk to activate charging privileges, even though we were told we wouldn't have to. So if you go to the park before your room is ready, carry an alternate form of payment with you.

Our stay was great, as usual. Had breakfast at the Kitchen twice. Both times it was very quiet, so its a good breakfast spot IMO. We also ate at NBC Sports Grill, Toothsome, Antojitos and Cowfish. All of it was very good except my entree at Toothsome was underwhelming (chicken alfredo) and the burgooshi at Cowfish was just ok for me.

We also ate at Mythos and Finnegan's for the first time - both were good, not must-do's on future trips but a good stop if you're in the parks looking to sit and relax for a bit.

This trip we were on the fourth floor at the end of a very long hallway. My only gripe with HRH is that the hallways are LONG. It used to be a non-issue because we were able to use the exit door on the far side of the building, closest to City Walk, but this trip there were signs posted saying emergency use only, not an exit. That is new since our last trip in August, when staff told us to use that door. So that's a minor inconvenience.

We had one night when I wasn't feeling great so we came back early and ordered a movie - $20! lol! No biggie. We also parked a car for the first time and the self-parking could not have been easier or more convenient. Used the water taxi once because it was there as we walked out - it was maybe 2 mins faster than walking, in all honesty.

Overall, we had a great stay and are looking forward to returning hopefully soon. Sad to be home!

Glad you had such a great stay.......sounds like a fabulous trip.......:thumbsup2

So glad you had a nice trip! HRH is our UO home! Going back in a few weeks for a weekend trip! The danger of having an AP!

So glad you had a nice trip! HRH is our UO home! Going back in a few weeks for a weekend trip! The danger of having an AP!

I'm envious! We live in NY so weekend trips aren't possible for us, but we managed to get 3 trips out of our AP this past year. Well worth it!

I'm envious! We live in NY so weekend trips aren't possible for us, but we managed to get 3 trips out of our AP this past year. Well worth it!

We're in Buffalo, NY but thanks to cheap Southwest flights we're able to go often!

We're in Buffalo, NY but thanks to cheap Southwest flights we're able to go often!

I am in Buffalo too! What time of year do you find the cheapest flights on Southwest and what days of the week do you usually travel? We always fly Southwest but haven't gotten lucky with fares cheap enough to make frequent trips, unfortunately!

I am in Buffalo too! What time of year do you find the cheapest flights on Southwest and what days of the week do you usually travel? We always fly Southwest but haven't gotten lucky with fares cheap enough to make frequent trips, unfortunately!

We have good luck if we can do Wed-Sat, Thurs-Tues. It's nice when they have later departures so we don't miss a day of work that day. Sometimes we've seen Saturday departures pretty good. We'll also check Tampa airport as well. Sometimes they have good deals and we don't mind the ride. I check airfares most every day- I really want to go often to get warm, so I'm committed to finding good fares. And I love that Southwest has no change fees, so if a price drops, I grab it.

Thanks for the review nkereina!

Thats weird about the exit doors. We were still able to use the stairwell exit at RPR in December.

Thanks for the review nkereina!

Thats weird about the exit doors. We were still able to use the stairwell exit at RPR in December.

Yeah we were disappointed about it! They were just paper signs that hung on the inside and outside of the door saying something to the effect of "This is not an exit. Emergency only". We didn't try, but I'd be willing to bet they'd still be unlocked with no alarm if we tried using them. I know during our stay last summer, our room was on the first floor near that door and there was a lot of noisy traffic because of it, so it makes me wonder if they got a lot of complaints. I know the bellman was actually the one who told us we could use that door. My other thought was maybe during slow times they try to filter everyone to the "main entrances" for whatever reason - maybe so they bypass the store or something. Who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!