just back from 3 nite/ PT.2

sandee

Mouseketeer
Julie was back at the hotel bright and early and we got to BWI with time to spare...we were on our way, or so I thought.... the cargo door on our plane wouldn't close so we had an hour and 1/2 wait for a new door to be installed. Security and check in was a breeze. They did select young Katie for a more thorough search. When her toe ring set off the scanner she had to remove her socks as well as her shoes, but we were quickly on our way.
We arrived at MCO without any further delays and DD went to pick up our rental van at Avis (thanks mousesaver.com for code that got us a great rate) while the rest of us got the luggage and met her out at ground transport. area. We were off to Cocoa Beach....not. DD took 528 w instead of east. We were all so busy talking and laughing that nobody caught it until I saw the exit for 192 Kissimmee. Oh well! We stopped at Sonny's BBQ for a yummy BBQ lunch and the friendly staff showed us how to get back to the Bee line toward CC beach.
We stayed at CC beach Hilton at a great rate I got from hotwire.com The room was clean, nicely furnished and we walked right out onto the beach for a couple hours before heading to the big super Walmart on Merritt Island. (a 10 min. drive at the most from the hilton) We got some 50 sunscreen for our faces, some 25 for other areas. I got a very inexpensive fan because I'm always hot, and this was our 1st cruise without a balcony. We got a 12 pk. of sodas and a 6 pk of water and headed back to the hilton for the night. At the last min. DD got us each a big sippy cup with a lid. They were great when lounging at pool.
tomorrow we'd be back on the Wonder where we'd 1st cruised with DCL less then 2 yrs. ago.

Another fan of Sonny's BBQ. We always hit that place, too. Have same of the BBQ sauce in the refrigerator and pantry.

Tina :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter