just back from 3 nite/ Palos and final thoughts pt 6

sandee

Mouseketeer
Castaway Cay was perfect.. this was our first time to visit the adult beach (yes, we took the 17 y.o. and she spent the day snorkling and swimming and sleeping - said it was the most perfect beach day she'd ever had) We saw the sting ray and other fish of all sizes. It was very,very hot. I have a plastic Mickey Mouse beach bag that I left sitting on the beach chair that was in the sun while we went to eat. When we got back 40 mins. later it had melted to the chair! I wish like so many others that we could spend two days here and skip Nassau. It's paradise on earth.
Palos was awsome. Yes, we took my 17 yr. 10 mo. cousin. Our server, MIC, was awsome. He and the 17 yo. spoke to one another in Italian for several mins. When he brought out the bottle of wine we'd ordered he poured some in everyone glass but Katies (her mother would not have allowed her to drink anyway) and he said softly, Miss Katie has told me her secret...don't worry I won't tell!" He brought us several extra starters and desserts and was so warm and friendly we had a wonderful evening.
final thoughts
Our ship was full and kids were everywhere and at all hours of the night. They never were noisy and while a couple wondered down to the adults area they quickly headed back to their own pools when they saw the" adults only" sign. Even with a full ship we found lots of quiet areas where we could just sit and chill out
Our teenager and table mate teen didn't like the teen club at all. 1st night they played a game where you pick fellow teen to be victim - have to "kill' them. These two found it so stupid and really dumb with so many school shootings in the past few years that they ended up going to the movies.
Deck 2 cat. 10 was fine. Byron, our host did a much better job then the young lady who had our cat. 6 room last fall. He was always joking with us, kept the ice buckets full and even pulled out the little clothes line in the bathroom and hung our our bathing suits we'd left dumped in the tub as we hurried off to play bingo one day! very little noise until docking and then only a few mins.
don't get an ajoining room unless you really don't care about your neighbor hearing your every word (almost)
despite a few things we wish we'd done differently (wish we'd stayed on board while in Nassau) it was a wonderful time and we can't wait to book our next Disney cruise.
Disney Dreams is so good it could be on broadway.
AVOID TABLE #3 - 1/2 couldn't see the "show" in Animator's Palate

Originally posted by sandee
....don't get an ajoining room unless you really don't care about your neighbor hearing your every word (almost)....

This is exactly what both my Mom and Brother said. Both had rooms that had adjoining doors and both said they could hear every word in the room next door!

Lisa :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter