just back from 3 nite cruise/ pt. 4 BLUE LAGOON

sandee

Mouseketeer
We debarked and were on our way to Blue Lagoon with no problems. It was a 10 min. walk to the BL boat and it was very hot and humid, but we went to the 2nd level which was open on the sides but had a cover on top to protect us from the extreme heat. There was a small band that played while the kids all danced and the 40 min. ride passed quickly. I was a little worried it would be a bumpy ride as I get seasick easily, but it was a smooth ride. Now this is when it went down hill for us. As someone born and raised near the Atlantic ocean, I've been to a lot of beaches. Blue Lagoon beaches were small...very small. There were no umbrellas for shade, the few chairs were quickly grabbed and the beach was so rocky you couldn't stretch out on a towel. The water had a big drop off in it and you either sank in sand up to your knees or you were walking on sharp rocks. There were lots of hammocks but 99% were not in view of the water. The water was clear but quickly stirred up and mirky from the lg. # of people in and out of it. The water was cold! We finally ended up in hammocks up near the food pavillion. With a couple towels on them the scratchy rope hammock was comfortable and it was nice gently rocking under the palm trees. I enjoy the music of a steel band in the tropics, but there was music blaring that sounded like someone just beating a steel drum as fast as humanly possible and it never stopped. There was no tune, etc., just a never ended drum. It was actually making me physically ill. Then it was lunch time...there was a choice of a hamburger,cheeseburger, hot dog or chicken. We all chose cheeseburgers and fries. They were cold, half cooked and the cheese had been added long after the burger was done. The fries were good. The punch was good until we noticed black flecks frozen into the ice after finishing our drinks. We were soooo glad to get on the 2 p.m. boat back to the Wonder. My DD was hard to wake up in her hammock until I told her that come @#% or high water the rest of us were getting off this island or else!! I said if I missed the boat I was swimming back!LOL. Maybe if we'd done the sting ray city swim we'd have enjoyed it, but the areas we saw were unremarkable looking,actually ugly in some spots - nothing like the beautiful place described at their website. Of all the negative things we felt about this excursion, that never ending drum was the worst. We sure didn't feel we'd gotten $38. worth of pleasure and would not recommend the Blue lagoon beach excursion to anyone. Maybe someone else would have loved it but it just wasn't our cup of tea.

sandee,

When I saw your post of Blue Lagoon, I thought you did the Dolphin Swim. You would have really enjoyed that. They have a wonderful facility there. Next time, I hope, try a dolphin swim or dolphin encounter. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I think I mentioned I borrowed the neighbor kid and we did the swim together. We had so much fun!!!

Tina :)

Good to hear from you Tina. Yes, I agree if we'd done the dolphin swim or stingray swim it would have been more enjoyable. I hated being so negative about the beach experience, but I sure wish I'd known ahead of time what I was in for, such as the never ending frantic drumming and how small and rocky the beaches were there. I thought maybe it was just me, but from what others were saying on the ride back we weren't the only ones disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter